Expectations of WWE: Roster, RAW/SD, and Divisions
by, 04-03-2012 at 09:46 AM (3020 Views)
Morning all! I'm not a regular blogger but I look in from time to time to read the thoughts and opinions of others regarding the world of wrestling, particularly the WWE universe which after Wrestlemania brings me to beg the question what's next? After Monday's Raw which we saw the return of Brock Lesnar, can WWE Creative actually create a interesting storyline? Now with Punk, Show and Sheamus holding all the gold, does it make sense having three face champions? Most of all, with the current talent as a whole what can WWE do to not further ruin an already shaky product?
1) Legends: Yes the fans love The Rock, Taker, HHH, Shawn Michaels, Austin, Jericho, Brock Lesnar etc but though milking these guys makes sense from a financial standpoint, it has to be realized somewhere down the line that the future of the business can't continue to ride on the coat tails of the past.
2) Roster: Now is really the time to start lighting fires under the young talent. Guys like Ziggler, Swagger, Barrett, Ryder, Miz, as well as many others are being thrown around and as a result any momentum they had simply stalls despite the pop/heat they get from the audience
3) Raw/Smackdown: Maybe its time to recombine both brands into one show and make it 3 hours because the talent pool between both shows is already watered down. I would think that would bring more competition and level the playing field
4) Divisions: A real Tag-Team division is needed and not just the pairings of singles competitors. Cruiser weight title anyone? The face of wrestling has changed with wrestlers not being the big body builder types of the 80's. Could a guy for example like Justin Gabriel be believable as World Heavyweight Champ? Anything can be sold but I wouldn't buy it. Also the womens division is simply a wreck. I don't think the fans are even excited by the T-N-A anymore. It's pure filler and not only does it show but no cares to watch.
5) Tyrants: Johnny Ace is no McMahon, neither is Teddy Long. The WWE needs that puppeteer, that person who not only flaunts they are pulling the strings but are manipulating everything and everyone. Vince should come back. he doesn't have to do ring work but his presence just added that extra umph..... Well thanks all for letting me share my two cents. What do you all think? I would love to hear any thoughts and or criticisms.