View RSS Feed

ShaunieB

Brock vs Rock

Rate this Entry
Brock Lesnar made his return on Raw and proceeded to give John Cena an F5 (much to the incredible Miami crowd’s delight) this coupled with The Rock hinting he wants another run with the tile and speculation has already lead to The Rock vs. Brock at Wrestlemania 29 for the WWE Title. I thought I would give my thoughts on how this could work, I hope you enjoy.

Brock as Champion

Reports suggests that Brock has signed a 1 year deal and will be making around 2 appearances per month and so it’s going to be difficult for him to have a long title run but I think that how his feud with John Cena works out is going to play a big part in the Wrestlemania booking. If Brock is able to have a successful feud with Cena then I have no doubt Brock will be champion by (or even at) the Royal Rumble and he will be making more appearances on the road to Wrestlemania, meaning that the WWE Champion isn’t going to be absence from Raw every other week.

However, the big issue is how does The Rock challenging for the title and avoid a fan backlash, some fans (and the WWE locker room) weren’t happy with The Rock’s spot at Wrestlemania and if he is put in the title picture after minimal appearance you can’t help but feel that this ill feeling would be even worse. I’m a huge Rock fan and even I think it would be wrong for him to just come back and challenge for the title. Nobody expects The Rock to work a big WWE schedule and he has got a busy year coming up in terms of his movie career but I believe that The Rock could be booked as a credible challenger if he came back for the Royal Rumble. The Royal Rumble always has special entrants and I think that The Rock should be in the Royal Rumble match and I think he should win it, and before any of you say that the Royal Rumble win should go to someone more deserving; Sheamus won the Royal Rumble and had an 18 second match at Wrestlemania which opened the show…the Royal Rumble is no longer about the main event at Wrestlemania. If The Rock wins the Rumble he can then challenge Brock at Wrestlemania and what’s great about this is that The Rock wouldn’t have to appear on every Raw until after Elimination Chamber since that’s when The Rock would reveal who he was facing. Cue both Brock and The Rock on every Raw building their Wrestlemania match.

The Rock as champion

In my mind this is much harder to book, if The Rock was to win the title then it’s not going to be a long reign since he is a busy man. I think that the earliest The Rock could win the title would be Elimination Chamber, since anything before that would mean at least 3 PPV appearances in a row and I don’t see that happening. I see no reason why The Rock couldn’t be put in the Elimination Chamber match and for him to win the title…this would involve Raw appearance before the Chamber but he wouldn’t have to be on every week and it’s clear he willing to do every Raw in the build-up to Wrestlemania and I think it would be awesome for him to do so as the WWE Champion.

As for Brock it’s going to be difficult to keep him out of the title picture since he is going to be in top tier feuds during his time in the WWE. It’s clear he has set his sights on John Cena, but after that who’s next? If WWE did resign Batista he is an obvious opponent but I feel that there are still other options available, you have the likes of Chris Jericho and CM Punk who could have great matches with Brock and their promo work is good enough that I don’t believe a title would be needed to make things interesting. As for him getting into the Wrestlemania title picture, like The Rock, a Royal Rumble win would be the most obvious option however, I don’t think it’s as necessary as it is for The Rock just because Brock is going to be around a lot more than The Rock. Personally, I would like to see Brock in the Rumble match but eliminated last only for him then to go on a rampage and terrorise the winning Superstar until he gets a match for the Wrestlemania spot at Elimination Chamber, this could show a violent side to Brock and help build him up as the heel in his match against The Rock.

Anyway that’s my thoughts, personally I think Brock has champion makes more sense but I would love to see The Rock have one last run as champion.

Thanks for reading!

Submit "Brock vs Rock" to Digg Submit "Brock vs Rock" to del.icio.us Submit "Brock vs Rock" to StumbleUpon Submit "Brock vs Rock" to Google

Comments

good read man, i agree the only way a Rock title run would work is him winning it a month before WM29, bit like when he returned for Vengence 2002 won the title and then lost it next month to the very man your talking about him facing at WM29.. Brock Lesnar,
    Why does everyone want to see a matchup that we've seen 10 years ago? Why don't people want to see dream matches that we havn't seen before? Have him face top guys in the company who he really never got to work with like Orton.

I don't want to see Rock/Lesnar again. Especially expecting it to be the main event of Wrestlemania 29. Brock vs Cena....yes it has happened before, but Cena wasn't quite a main event talent than. Lesnar vs Batista would have been great when Batista was around.

Lesnar vs Taker has happened way too many times to really want to see it over other matches like Cena vs Brock, Brock vs Orton, and so on.

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.