View RSS Feed

Callumomac

What To Do With Brock Lesnar

Rate this Entry
Eight years ago Brock Lesnar walked away from the company that built him into a household name and everybody, the WWE, the WWE Superstars and the fans were disappointed. The WWE had propelled him to the top of the food chain by having him beat the likes of The Rock, The Undertaker, Hulk Hogan all in a short period of time. He also won the King of the Ring tournament and went on to become the youngest ever WWE Champion. He also won the Royal Rumble. Then he simply walked away as he couldn't deal with the hectic WWE schedule.

He left the WWE and pursued a career in the NFL which lasted about a year before he took up wrestling once again in Japan. He then made the jump to Mixed Martial Arts where he became the UFC Heavyweight Champion. After a life threatening illness and a crushing defeat to Alistair Overeem Lesnar called it quits on his MMA career. Now he is back where he belongs. He is back home.

Rumor has it that Lesnar is not signed on a full time contract with the WWE. While he isn't on a contract similar to The Undertakers by any means he isn't anywhere close to being on a full time contract. Anyway you look at this its a good thing. Lesnar is probably the most pure athlete to ever grace WWE TV (and any other form of TV for that matter) his sheer size combined with his unbelievable speed make him a monster in every sense of the word. And monsters draw money. The WWE know this. Dana White knew this. So the next question remains. What to do with Lesnar now he is back in the WWE?

Well the WWE did the right thing in throwing Lesnar straight at Cena. The Rock will be leaving again soon to move onto other film projects. Whether or not the Cena/Rock feud is completely done remains to be seen but with a star with Lesnar's magnitude returning and feuding with Cena it draws attention away from The Rock leaving again. Rumors had been floating around that the WWE was yet again planning Wrestlemania matches a year in advance and were even going to announce them a year before hand as well again like they did with Rock & Cena.

Now Rock confirmed that he would play a part at Wrestlemania 29. On this past Raw he mentioned perusing the WWE Title one more time. If he does that, then great. If he doesn't he should stay as involved as possible in this Lesnar/Cena feud. The Rock mocked Cena last year when he said that after he left Cena took the ball and ran with it, becoming the WWE's top guy. When in truth the torch was passed to Brock Lesnar only the WWE chose to ignore the guy who left them high and dry and then sued them.

If the WWE does this right they could have a better feud than the Cena/Rock feud from this past year. Depending on how often Lesnar is willing to show up the main event at next years Wrestlemania could read Brock Lesnar vs John Cena. A match we have seen before, but well before either superstar was in their prime. And like I said if they can someway keep The Rock involved this feud will only get bigger and bigger. Maybe the picture below which I threw together on photoshop might come to pass at next years Wrestlemania? Who knows. I for one however am happy to see Lesnar back where he belongs in a WWE ring. And even as an anti-Cena guy I give the guy kudos for constantly letting former stars come back and kick the crap out of him aha!

WM29.jpg

Submit "What To Do With Brock Lesnar" to Digg Submit "What To Do With Brock Lesnar" to del.icio.us Submit "What To Do With Brock Lesnar" to StumbleUpon Submit "What To Do With Brock Lesnar" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I expect Cena/Rock to have a rematch at Wrestlemania. If they were just going to do it as a one time thing, Cena should have won. Cena vs Brock I do believe should be saved for WM o.
    Its simple.....

Undertaker, HHH, Goldberg, Batista, Lesnar, Rock and Cena in

WAR GAMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.