View RSS Feed

Broc

My thoughts on Wrestlemania: Ratings match by match

Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average.
Match #1 Daniel Bryan (c) vs Sheamus: World Heavyweight Title Match

Rating:
0/10

Reasoning:
Going into wrestlemania, in fact, hell, immediately after Elimination Chamber I knew Sheamus would be winning the World title against Daniel Bryan. However, I was hoping for a much better match. Both Sheamus and Daniel Bryan are both excellent wrestlers and were worthy of a lengthy match. It would have been much better had WWE cut segments like the Heath Slater backstage segment, and the completely idiotic Brodus Clay segment, and add that extra time to AT LEAST put 10 minutes on the Daniel Bryan vs Sheamus match.

Match #2 Kane vs. Randy Orton

Rating: 6/10

Reasoning: Orton and Kane have had a pretty good feud. They seem to work well together both in the ring and in cutting promos. I was pretty surprised with Kane winning, but at least this likely means we'll get to see a rematch at Extreme Rules, which I will be looking forward to. Orton told us to expect this match to be in the "top 4 matches of Wrestlemania" and he was definitely right.

Match #3 Kelly Kelly and Maria Menunous (or however the fuck you spell it) vs. Beth Phoenix and Eve

Rating: _/10

Reasoning: I went to take a piss and missed it.

Match #4 End of an era No Holds Barred match: Undertaker vs. HHH w/ HBK as special referee

Rating: 2/10

Reasoning: This quite possibly the biggest disappointment of any match in Wrestlemania history. I was really looking forward to this and it really let me down. No, the title wasn't an accident, this wasn't a hell in a cell match, it was a no holds barred match. The only time the cell was even touched was when Charles Robinson had to come in. This was possibly the worst HIAC match ever.

The only reason it gets a 2 is because it was somewhat entertaining at points, but overall, this was just horrific. This was basically the same thing we've seen from the Undertaker for the past 4 years: Undertaker finisher, kick out, opponent finisher, kick out, Undertaker finisher, kick out, opponent finisher, kick out, undertaker finisher, kick out, opponent finisher, kick out, Undertaker finisher, 3 count. Surprisingly, I expected the cell to prevent this completely, but instead the cell isn't even fucking touched.

I really hope this was taker's last go around. It's really getting old seeing this same exact thing every year. It's like watching a rerun; you already know what's going to happen, and it's never as good as it was the first time. Undertaker is over rated and needs to retire, he just can't put on an entertaining match, and since he was never really some sort of god on the mic, what exactly is he? He's a name. That's all he is. If anyone in the WWE that wasn't Undertaker preformed at the same rate Taker is now, they would be future endeavored by now.

Match #5 Team Johnny vs. Team Teddy

Rating: 6/10

Reasoning: This wasn't a bad match, the build was pretty good, there was pretty good wrestling in it, and it kept me guessing the whole way through. I was personally hoping for Team Teddy to pick up the win, as I'm a big fan of tag team matches. However, I'm good with Laurinitis, heel GMs always provide something different, so I'll be looking forward to the next few months under John Laurinitis.

Match #6 CM Punk (c) vs. Chris Jericho: WWE Championship Match

Rating: 10/10

Reasoning: This was the greatest WRESTLING match on this card. Point blank. There were so many twists and turns, plenty of reversals, and just an all around excellent showing by both guys. Punk winning was good to see, I'm a big fan of both guys though.

Overall, WWE has booked this whole story line to perfection so far. To Jericho's insults to Punk's family, to the great match, it's been great to see, and judging by what I just watched on Raw a few minutes ago, it's nowhere near over.

Main Event: John Cena vs. The Rock

Rating: 7.5/10

Reasoning: Rock and Cena put on a much better match than I really expected them to. The match was filled with twists, and kept me on my toes. While I was personally waiting for Lesnar or someone, I did not expect this match to end cleanly.

Now, the reason this isn't a 10/10, is simply because I'm kind of aggravated that the Rock won. In my eyes, it made perfect sense for Cena to win this match, and move on. Regardless though, the actual match was great, other than the ending.

Overall Wrestlemania

Rating: 3.5/10

Reasoning: This mania up and down was really almost as bad as last year. Maybe it's because I was actually expecting a lot out of it, and it just turned around and bit me in the ass, but still, nothing made this Mania better than any other one in the past 5 years.

Alright fella's, I probably won't be blogging for a good while after this. I'll hopefully have some sort of inspiration in the next few months and make another, but until then, I still have 2 more matches to type out for HWA's fully typed PPV Hardcore Heaven which I probably should have done prior to making this blog, but oh well. I wanted to get my thoughts out first.

Let me hear comments folks.

Submit "My thoughts on Wrestlemania: Ratings match by match" to Digg Submit "My thoughts on Wrestlemania: Ratings match by match" to del.icio.us Submit "My thoughts on Wrestlemania: Ratings match by match" to StumbleUpon Submit "My thoughts on Wrestlemania: Ratings match by match" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

First of all you missed out the Cody vs Show match. I agree with your points about Daniel/Sheamus, and I think if these guys did a 15-20min match, it would of made Wrestlemania better. I don't agree with your points about Taker/HHH. I mean what do you expect? These guys are getting up in age, but it was still a better, than decent match and I wouldn't make it as low as two! Now about Rock/Cena match. They did better, than I thought as well. I would give them at least a 8. You also say you wouldn't give them a 10, because Rock won, well man I don't think it should matter who won when your actually grading the match!

Anyway a less, than decent review blog about Wrestlemania, and I think it's a good thing you won't be blogging in a while.
    Updated 04-05-2012 at 11:55 AM by Broc
    Quote Originally Posted by deadly56
    First of all you missed out the Cody vs Show match. I agree with your points about Daniel/Sheamus, and I think if these guys did a 15-20min match, it would of made Wrestlemania better. I don't agree with your points about Taker/HHH. I mean what do you expect? These guys are getting up in age, but it was still a better, than decent match and I wouldn't make it as low as two! Now about Rock/Cena match. They did better, than I thought as well. I would give them at least a 8. You also say you wouldn't give them a 10, because Rock won, well man I don't think it should matter who won when your actually grading the match!

Anyway a less, than decent review blog about Wrestlemania, and I think it's a good thing you won't be blogging in a while.
    I had the Cody and Show match on there, I forgot it the second time around though when I had to re-type it.

And on Taker: If they can't go that well, then they shouldn't be wrestling. Undertaker needs to hang it up because all he's doing is the same thing every year. Arrive, 5 finishers, kick out, win, leave. It just gets on my nerves after awhile.

And also, I wasn't grading the overall match, I was grading Wrestlemania. The match isn't just about the wrestling, it's about story line and how it fits.

Also, really? I hope you don't comment on blogs for awhile, I put a lot of effort in this blog. I can understand you not agreeing with me, but saying that it's "less than decent" is just untrue.

Also, try to figure how to correctly use a fucking comma before you want to come on here and insult my blogs.
    I LOVED Taker-Trips. I thought it was classic, was riveted to my TV the entire time. Going into that match I knew Taker was gonna win, but at times during the match I actually believed the streak was over. To each their own though.

I'd actually rate Mania a 5.5-6/10
    Don't agree with your Taker-HHH match grade, but that's your opinion and you get to have that and put it were ever you want, even in a blog. I thought it was great and I didn't care that the cage wasn't that big of a factor, because I didn't feel like it needed to be. The match was about HHH and taker and that was what it was. I guess I just wanted to put my own opinion out there and thank you for voicing yours as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by deadly56
    I don't agree with your points about Taker/HHH. I mean what do you expect? These guys are getting up in age.
    So if some old guy is driving horribly down the road, we should give him a break because they're "getting up in age"? No, I don't think so. If they can't keep up, and have to limit what things they can do inside the ring, then I think it's time to settle down and hang up the boots.

Looking back on it a second time though, I don't think HHH and Taker did that bad of a job. The use of weapons was really nice, and length didn't see too bad for its spot on the card.

I'm just frankly getting tired of the lack of action in Hell in a Cell matches. Not just this one, ones lately. When was the last time someone broke out of the cage and fought outside of the ring. That's exciting stuff. I want to see people use the cage to it's full advantage. Climb on the inside, climb on the outside. Throw a guy off it (Once again, if Taker and HHH can't keep up, then they shouldn't be fighting in that type of match anymore) do something for crying out loud. The cell is there for a reason!

Give the guy a break. It's his second blog, it was well put together, and I happen to agree with a lot of his opinions. Just because you disagree with the content of something, doesn't make it a bad blog.

Heck, you should see his first one, it's fucking awesome!
    Updated 04-03-2012 at 06:38 PM by Sully
    I thought Taker-Triple H was a good match tbf bro, but other than that, I agree with pretty much everything you said. Jericho-Punk was the best match of the night as many predicted, and Cena-Rock was better than we all expected.

I also agree that Cena should have won, but we'll see where they go with this tbf.

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.