View RSS Feed

T-Hughes35

TNA Slammiversary 2012 Ideal Layout and Predictions

Rating: 3 votes, 2.33 average.
Greetings ewrestlingnews.com community,
With Lockdown now officially behind us, it is time that TNA Wrestling needs to focus on it's equivalent to WWE's SummerSlam. That event, is Slammiversery. This is an event that TNA needs to take seriously, it's one of the organizations flagship Pay-Per-Views, and they can't have it the least bit disorganized. Here is an ideal outlook at how I feel TNA should book one of Sports Entertainment's Top 10 Biggest Pay-Per-Views of the year.

TNA Wrestling Presents:*
Slammiversary 2012
Ideal Match Card and Predictions

Theme Song: "Now" - Staind*
Ring Announcers:
Jeremy Borash - Preliminary Matches
Jimmy Lennon Jr. - Main Event
Ringside Commentators: Mike Tenay and Eric Bischoff
Backstage Interviewer: Taz

Facebook/Spike TV Exclusive Preliminary Matches
Zima Ion vs. A Local Competitor
Winter vs. ODB
Robbie E and Rob Terry vs. Gunner and Ric Flair
(Before the beginning of the Pay-Per-View, I feel that TNA should do something similar to what they did last year at Bound For Glory. What that was, was pull a play from UFC's or a Sunday Night Heat's playbook and have preliminary matches to get more people to order the PPV. They could have it live on Facebook, like they did for BFG last year, or they could even have it on Spike itself which would be better. Having prelims like the ones above would be a genius move on their part.)

Match Card:
01: Ultimate X Match For The TNA X Division Championship:
Austin Aires vs. Christopher Daniels vs. Anthony Neese vs.*Mark Haskins*
vs. Shannon Moore
(This would be an ideal way to kick off a TNA PPV. The X Division. Since this is Slammiversary, I would have five competitors in this match as opposed to a traditional four man Ultimate X Match. Aires would go over and continue his reign. I mean come on, he's "The Greatest Man Who Ever Lived".)

02: TNA Knockouts Tag-Team Championship Match:
Madison Rayne and Angelina Love vs. Sarita and Rosita
(Since Gail Kim and Madison Rayne's on-screen relationship has gone downhill, I can see an alliance form between Madison Rayne and Angelina Love. She, meaning Angelina, has hardly been on TV at all over the past several months. They could even form a new villainous version of The Beautiful People, minus Velvet of course, and dominate the Knockouts Tag-Team division. Bring dignity back to those belts by getting them off of ODB and EY. It'd be a good match between these two teams. It'd also be a legit Women's Tag-Team Match. Winners: Sarita and Rosita.)

03: AJ Styles vs. Kazarian
(This rivalry should all come to a head at this event. It'd be an ideal time to do it. Two of TNA's best, friends turned enemies, it'd be a classic X Division, meaning their weight class, showcase that I know would tear the roof off of the College Park Center.
Winner: AJ Styles)

04: TNA World Tag-Team Championships Match:
The Motor City Machine Guns vs. Mexican America
(I can see the MCMG's capturing the Tag-Team Titles once again at Sacrifice next month. TNA really messed up their return by announcing it when it should have been a surprise at Lockdown. I mean, we all knew that they were coming back this year, we just didn't know when. What can I say about this match though? Two legit Tag-Teams in a fight for the gold. They'll put on a good match. Just as long as they do it right, it'd be a match worth watching.
Winners: The Motor City Machine Guns)

05: TNA Television Championship Match:
Magnus vs. Rob Van Dam
(After Joe and Magnus lose their Tag-Team titles, I can see Magnus getting a big push as a singles competitor. He can then move on and win the TV Title from Devon. TNA made the right move by putting the TV Title on Devon. Having Magnus win it would give the title back the dignity that it lost in the early parts of last year. Rob Van Dam gets the opportunity by defeating Samoa Joe on an episode of iMPACT. I know for a fact that Magnus and Van Dam will put on a great match that would defiantly generate the Television Title as TNA's second greatest belt. It'd be an ideal match for wrestling fans.
Winner: Magnus)

06: Five-On-Five Elimination Tag-Team Match:
Team Hogan:*
Hulk Hogan, Abyss, Garrett Bischoff, Sting, and Kid Kash
Vs.
Team Hardy:
Jeff Hardy (w/Devon Dudley), Samoa Joe, Douglas Williams, D'Angelo Dinero,*
and Mr. Anderson
(I created this match with an idea to create a match that wrestling fans can talk about for years to come. Since the fans want Jeff Hardy, and since I feel that it's best to keep him as far away from the title picture as possible, having a match like this with Hogan would be genius. Hardy would make the challenge to Hogan at iMPACT, Hogan would accept, and they would each form their respected teams. Listen TNA, if you want to focus on the younger talent, this is your best chance!
Winners: Team Hardy
This would be an excellent way to put new stars over. Then it would all end with Hogan and Hardy shaking hands and Hogan raising Hardy's hand in victory. Genius I tell you. Genius!)

07: TNA Knockouts Championship Match:
Gail Kim vs. Mickie James
(Your Knockouts main-event of the evening would feature two of the best women's wrestlers in the world today in a fight for the gold. What more can I say. It'd be a good back and forth match that would showcase just how much women's wrestling matters in this world. This could also show WWE just how big of a mistake that they made by letting these talented competitors go.
Winner: Gail Kim)

08: King Of The Mountain Match*For*
The TNA World Heavyweight Championship:
Robert Roode vs. James Storm vs. Crimson vs. Matt Morgan vs. Bully Ray
(The main event for this Pay-Per-View should show the return of one of the flagship matches that made TNA Famous. That match is "The King Of The Mountain Match".
TNA can set this up to were either Roode, Storm, or either Bully Ray will walk away the winner. However, any competitor in this match can walk away victorious.
Winner: Crimson
This will without a doubt get everyone talking about Crimson and his undefeated streak. This would be front page news for TNA. It's what they need to do.)

Well, that ends this entry. Tell me your thoughts, and follow me on Twitter @T_Hughes35
PEACE!!!

Submit "TNA Slammiversary 2012 Ideal Layout and Predictions" to Digg Submit "TNA Slammiversary 2012 Ideal Layout and Predictions" to del.icio.us Submit "TNA Slammiversary 2012 Ideal Layout and Predictions" to StumbleUpon Submit "TNA Slammiversary 2012 Ideal Layout and Predictions" to Google

Comments

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    This is a joke, i know your taking the piss, thats how bad it is, serious dude, ok good for you for doing a blog but this aint good mate, in future dont do predictions please.
    Quote Originally Posted by searle
    This is a joke, i know your taking the piss, thats how bad it is, serious dude, ok good for you for doing a blog but this aint good mate, in future dont do predictions please.
    Hey man, don't be so rude, he did a better job then you so why don't you shut your mouth and go away.

My own personal opinion about the predictions:

In a perfect world, those matches would be totally awesome and I would actually buy that PPV. Unfortunately, I just don't see those matches, or at least not all of them happening. But, you putting scenarios and how everything led up to those matches sounded awesome. So, maybe some of these matches, like the tag team match if MA gets a push, and the Knockout's Title, can happen definitely! Good start man.
    I like the idea of the Ultimate X match to put over A-Double even more. Plus, I would love to see the King of the Mountain match return
    Playing booker/creative is always fun. I think your format is good and I agree with much of your reasoning but there is also lots I would change. I've tried to keep my ideas as realistic as possible. I don't think I've suggested anything that is outrageously unlikely to happen although a few things are a bit of a stretch, anyway;

01: X title; Austin Aries (c) v Kazarian v Zema Ion v Anthony Nese/Kid Kash

I agree with your reasoning to start with the X title. But they can't do an ultimate X match as Destination X is the next PPV after Slammiversary so it will happen there. Instead I'd have a normal 4 way match between Aries as champ, Kazarian, Zema Ion and either Anthony Nese or Kid Kash - not sure which, maybe a qualifying match between the two on Impact, or maybe include both. Aries keeps the belt going into Destination X where I would finally have his reign end.

02: KO tag titles; Sarita and Rosita (c) v Angelina Love and Winter
    Don't know what I'd do with the KO tag belts and I'm not sure TNA do either but I'm guessing Sarita and Rosita win the belts at Sacrifice. it will be the females of Mexican America retaining at Slammiversary.

03: Daniels v Jeff Hardy
    Like your suggested 3rd match it would be a great X division match. A top to mid level face against a top to mid level heel. However I have AJ and Kazarian elsewhere so I go for these two. Could be great. Could lead to a rematch at Destination X.

04: World Tag titles; Motor City Machine guns (c) v Mexican America
    MCMG win belts at Sacrifice and defend at Slammiversary. MCMG retain but not sure where they go with the belts after this, maybe Daniels and Kazarian as a team. Would give some good X division tag matches.

05: TV title; Devon (c) v Magnus
    After Magnus and Joe drop the tag belts at Sacrifice, Magnus goes into the TV title picture. He doesn't win the belt here, but challenges Devon to another match on TV where he does win, hence getting the title back on TV and giving Magnus the chance to develop further as champ.

06: No.1 contenders match; Samoa Joe v Mr Anderson v Rob Van Dam v Morgan
    Wouldn't have another 5v5 tag match so soon after Lockdown, especially not with both teams being fronted by faces. In the weeks up to Slammiversary there should be 4 qualifiers for places in the main event. These are the four losers, they compete for a shot at the title at Destination X. Samoa Joe wins.

07: Knockout title; Gail Kim (c) v Madison Rayne v Velvet Sky
    Wouldn't have the Knockout belt so late in the show or Mickie James in it but I'll follow your format. I'd go with Kim, Rayne and Sky. Kim goes in champ but Sky pins Rayne to win. Kim gets angry with Rayne and ends their friendship.

08: KOTM for World title; Roode (c) v Storm v Styles v Angle v Bully Ray
    I'm all for the KOTM match for the world title coming back. Not with Crimson or Morgan though. Put Styles and Angle in there instead. Have Roode going in champ but not coming out champ. Doesn't really matter who they give the title to, they are all worthy and they have options with each. However I give the belt to Styles which sets up Styles v Joe as the main event at the X division featured Destination X.

This leaves Eric Young, Robbie E, Sting, Crimson, Gunner and lil Bischoff as the guys currently being featured who aren't on my card. I know the powers with control won't let at least a couple of those guys not be on the card. To counter that problem I add a ninth match,

09: Sting and lil' Bischoff (w/Hogan) v Gunner (w/Flair) and Crimson
    Not sure what storyline I'd go with to get gunner and crimson together but this can make the powers happy and fit into the middle of the card. The tag element means lil' Bischoff can stay out of the ring most of the time and when he is in he will be taken apart by Crimson keeping up Crimsons image. If it's kept short this match can easily be ignored and therefore not ruin the card.

The two guys who are left, Robbie E and Eric Young, can be the warm up dark match. After all Eric Young can actually be very effective in this roll and get the crowd warmed up before the X title match kicks off the PPV proper. Could also add Mickie James v ODB if they wanted a 2nd dark match.

I know some will like my card, others won't. No such thing as a perfect card but I think what I've done covers most bases and would be a good show. Credit to T-Hughes35 for starting this blog though as I did base my card heavily off of his.
    Updated 04-17-2012 at 09:52 AM by VoiceOfTheSilentMajority
    I like the second card that was posted better. lolol Reading that first card kinda made me go 0_o

However, what both cards failed to do was keep the world of wrestling in a realistic sense.

WRESTLING 101:
    When a tag team loses it's Tag Team titles (Joe/Magnus) they automatically get a rematch. Now I'm assuming that Joe/Magnus lose their titles at Sacrifice. Now unless they get their tag rematch on IMPACT, you'd probably see the third match at Slammiversary. Not Mexican America/MCMG

WRESTLING 101:
    When a tag team breaks up...they feud. PERIOD. Look at every tag team in history that has EVER broken up. They feud. So with both of your cards, you got Magnus in a TV Title match. When realistically, IF he and Joe lost their tag team titles and IF they didn't get their rematch at Slammiversary, you'd more then likely see Joe vs. Magnus.

WRESTLING 101:
    When you have somebody (in this case a tag team) that you really wanna put over big. You don't let them win at a small event (IMPACT Wrestling) or a medium size event (Sacrifice). You want to put them over on the biggest stage possibly (in this case Slammiversary). SO my question to BOTH cards is: why would you have the Guns win the titles before Slammiversary? Do they NEED to be put over BIG? Yes! After being gone a year, they have to be put WAY over, or be broken up. And considering The Guns are probably the best thing TNA has to offer tag team wise. The Guns need lose at Sacrifice, or win a #1 Contenders Match, and THEN at Slammiversary take the Tag Team Titles off Joe/Magnus. That way they won the gold at the "summerslam" of TNA.
    (Think about it like this: It would be like the same thing they tried to do with James Storm at Lockdown...except you let them win.
    And if THAT doesn't work for you let me try this one
    Would it have been as special if HBK or SCSA won the WWF title at In Your House? I think not. That's why they won it at WM.)

ALSO, the first card had a more realistic use of Crimson in the sense that, he's in the main event. HOWEVER, he won't be winning the TNA World Title. Not unless they're ready to do something REALLY f***ing stupid. BUT the second card, def had the more realistic competitors in the main event.

And finally, that 5 on 5 tag team match.....that's just ridiculous....makes no sense....and....well I guess it's very TNA'ish. So I could see it happening.
    However, in reality, that was brutal. WTF does Kid Kash have to do with ANY of those guys? And why is he (a heel) on a team with lil bitchoff (not a typo) and Sting?! And when did Abyss come back? I thought we were still searching for him?!?! And didn't D'Angelo Dinero die? Or like get fired? :/ No he's still in TNA? Well alrighty then. Last year he was in the Main Event of Lockdown, this year, I think he got fired. GOOD JOB TNA!!!!!!
    (that was sarcasm for y'all folks that ain't got no sense of it)
    Updated 04-17-2012 at 10:55 AM by nrb6304
    Quote Originally Posted by AirBourne
    Hey man, don't be so rude, he did a better job then you so why don't you shut your mouth and go away.

My own personal opinion about the predictions:

In a perfect world, those matches would be totally awesome and I would actually buy that PPV. Unfortunately, I just don't see those matches, or at least not all of them happening. But, you putting scenarios and how everything led up to those matches sounded awesome. So, maybe some of these matches, like the tag team match if MA gets a push, and the Knockout's Title, can happen definitely! Good start man.
    shut up you fool, go and suck him off, if you like it so much!

i want to apologise to T-Hughes35, sorry mate, i was bit harsh, it is after all your prediction, im sorry.
    In response to nrb6304, I have my ways around the 1st two points you bring up. However for my storylines and card to work MCMG have to win the titles at Sacrifice. It's not a perfect situation I know but I don't see any reason why MCMG HAVE to win the titles at Slammiversary. I also can show why Crimson ends up where he does on my card but I'll post a separate blog explaining how I got to everything rather than cluttering up this one.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.