View RSS Feed

T-Hughes35

T-Hughes35's WrestleMania XXVIII WrestleMania Picks

Rate this Entry
Greetings www.ewrestlingnews.com community.*
We're on the homestretch to The biggest Pay-Per-View of 2012, and it's time that your's truly gives you his picks for professional wrestling's version of the Super Bowl.

How This Is Going To Work:
I'm going to give you all eight matches on the card, in the order that I think it should happen, and who I think will win, should win, and why.*
Without further a due, here we go.

Match 01:
Cody Rhodes vs. The Big Show For The WWE Intercontinental Championship:*
Who Will Win/Who Should Win: The Big Show
Cody Rhodes was right about one thing, The Big Show has never had a triumphant WrestleMania moment. He did have his finest WrestleMania hours however at WrestleMania's 2000 and XXIV respectively, but he's never had a moment of triumph. Winning the Intercontinental Title at this Pay-Per-View would without a doubt become one of the Top 5 Biggest Moments Of The Big Show's entire career. It'd be a great way to kick off the show.

Match 02:
Randy Orton vs. Kane
Who Will Win: Randy Orton
Orton has been one of the biggest stars in WWE for the past six years. You just know he's going to go over in this match, especially with it being this early on the card. I've never been a fan of Orton. Especially because of his past. It really stinks that he even has a job with WWE, but I'll get to that in another blog.
Who Should Win: Kane
Kane came back to WWE last December in the way that he was suppose to be, WITH HIS MASK ON! Kane's a monster. The type of wrestler that should be booked to be unstoppable. The Elimination Chamber Pay-Per-View really hurt his character. Losing to Orton is only going to make it worse and defeat the purpose of what should be a triumphant return with the mask. *

Match 03:
Maria Menounos and Kelly Kelly vs. WWE Diva's Champion Beth Pheonix and Eve:
Who Will Win: Maria Menounos and Kelly Kelly*
Well Ladies and Gentlemen, we have reached the Celebrity moment/match of this year's WrestleMania. It's obvious that Vince (McMahon) is going to want the celebrity to go over. Plus, we all know that Kelly Kelly will do anything to stay the number one Diva in WWE.*
Who Should Win: WWE Diva's Champion Beth Phoenix and Eve
Throughout her entire career, especially since 2008, Beth Phoenix has been the best WOMEN'S WRESTER on the WWE roster. After her Title win last fall, the Diva's Champion has literally had no direct competition. It's ridiculous! (Take That John Lauriniatis) (Kharma PLEASE COME BACK!) what is the one thing that Beth Phoenix and Austin Aires have in common? There is no real competition in either of their respective wrestling divisions. That isn't really true in Aires case, but you get my point.*
I'll be the first to admit that I'm not a real big fan of Eve's heel turn. I haven't decided yet if it's worked yet or not. It's too early to tell.*
The bottom line is this, The WWE Diva's Division sucks right now. It has for a while. We need more actual ATHLETES as Divas instead of the Wannabe Playboy Bunnies. But in the words of Michael Routt from the offtheropesshow, "What Do I Know, I'm Just A Wrestling Fan."

Match 04:
Chris Jericho vs. CM Punk For The WWE Championship:
Who Will Win/Who Should Win: CM Punk
CM Punk needs to win this match and is going to. This will without a doubt be one of the longest matches of the night and has to be. You know that these two will put on a great match, and I have all the confidence in the world that it's going to be a great match. Since Jericho won't win here, you can expect that these two will be headlining the Extreme Rules PPV next month in Chicago.

Match 05:
Six-On-Six Tag-Team Match (Winning Team Leader Receives Full Control Of Both WWE Monday Night RAW and WWE Friday Night SmackDown)
Team Johnny (John Lauriniatis): David Otunga, Mark Henry, Dolph Ziggler, Jack Swagger, Drew McIntire and The Miz
Vs.
Team Teddy (Theodore R. Long): Santino Marella, R-Truth, Kofi Kingston, The Great Khali, Zack Ryder, and Booker T
Who Will Win/Who Should Win: Team Johnny
His name, is Mr. John Lauriniatis, he is the Executive Vice President of Talent Relations, and The Soon-To-Be-Perminant General Manager of both Monday Night Raw, and Friday Night SmackDown. This needs to happen because it's time to give the Teddy Long character a rest. He's been one of if not the longest General Manager (in total years not in one sitting) in WWE history. A fresh face should do the trick. What Lauriniatis would probably end up doing is control Monday Night RAW, and then have Otunga be the authority figure for SmackDown. Especially with the 2012 WWE Draft coming up. Team Johnny For The Win!

Match 06:*
Triple H vs. The Undertaker inside Hell In A Cell
(Special Guest Referee: Shawn Michaels):
Who Will Win/Who Should Win: The Undertaker
It's all going to come down to this for Triple H. What a buildup this has been! I believe that this could be the first WrestleMania since WrestleMania XIX that it will be remembered for more than one match. It's going to be interesting to see how Shawn Michaels will call this match as the "Special Guest Referee," but The Undertaker ABSOLUTELY HAS TO WIN THIS MATCH!!! Ending The Undertaker's Undefeated Streak at this point would be terrible for WWE! Kevin Nash said it best last week in an interview that Triple H has already faced Undertaker twice. If he did win this match, it would only mean that he's doing it just because he's "The Boss's Son-In-Law". B.S. Chants would explode throughout the stadium if Triple H wins. If Triple H wins, heck, there might be riots outside of Titan Towers, and all of the hardcore wrestling fans that still watch WWE will consider this as "The Final Nail In The Coffin" for the organization. Jeff Schlegal from the offtheropesshow on YouTube said it best. "If Triple H ends Undertaker's Streak, then I'm done." Undertaker HAS to win this match. That's the bottom line! (no pun intended)

Match 07:*
Sheamus vs. Daniel Bryan For The World Heavyweight Championship:*
Who Will Win/Who Should Win: Daniel Bryan
Daniel Bryan is no Robert Roode when it comes to being The World Heavyweight Champion, but the only difference between Daniel Bryan's reign and Robert Roode's reign, is that Daniel Bryan is "The Real" World Heavyweight Champion.*
Having this match towards the end of the show will without a doubt make up for not having this match when it was for the United States Championship last year in Atlanta. I certainly hope that it's as good of a match as us wrestling fans hope it will be.*
The one thing that I am really concerned with however, is the involvement of one AJ Lee.*
This is why I compare Daniel Bryan to Robert Roode. They both have been really good heel World Champions. Especially when they try and cheat themselves into keeping their respectable straps.*
This is why I'm concerned about AJ's role. If she becomes a major role, then it's going to really hurt the outcome of this match. This feud is going to continue at least through Extreme Rules, but if AJ interferes in a big way, then this match is really going to be a huge letdown to us wrestling fans.

Match 08:*
John Cena vs. The Rock * *
This has been one of the best built feuds that the WWE has had in a long time. I mean, you can probably count up to one hand how many REALLY GOOD feuds WWE has had in the past five years. This match could culminate what really could be one of the best WrestleMania's that we have seen in a long time.*
For this match, I am not going to tell you Who I believe Will Win and Should Win because either one of these men can win. I mean, we will never see Mike Tyson vs. Muhammad Ali, we will never see Babe Ruth take on Barry Bonds, we'll never see The Beatles in a Battle Of The Bands with N*SYNC, and we might never see Michael Jordan take on LeBron James, but this is a match that will define the definition of who's the best. Wrestling's Past, Wrestling's Future, it'll all culminate Sunday Night in Miami at WrestleMania XXVIII.

That ends this entry. Enjoy WrestleMania everybody! Follow me on Twitter @T_Hughes35.
PEACE!!! * * *

Submit "T-Hughes35's WrestleMania XXVIII WrestleMania Picks" to Digg Submit "T-Hughes35's WrestleMania XXVIII WrestleMania Picks" to del.icio.us Submit "T-Hughes35's WrestleMania XXVIII WrestleMania Picks" to StumbleUpon Submit "T-Hughes35's WrestleMania XXVIII WrestleMania Picks" to Google

Comments

Did you just compare the Beatles and N'Sync? And suggest that we will never know who is better? Other than that, good read.
    Ok, maybe comparing The Beatles to N*SYNC was a little out of context, but you get my point.
    What's with all the asterisks? I kept thinking you had footnotes somewhere ...

Very good blog post. I disagree with some of it, but at least you explained your reasons and rationale more than ("He sux nd i cant stand hm so he HAS to lose r i wil stop watchng 4evr!") Defended nicely.
    Updated 04-01-2012 at 02:03 PM by Vondraco
    Yeah, I apologize about the asterisks. I wrote this on my iPAD notes before moving it over here. The upload made that happen.

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.