View RSS Feed

bearkg88

Flash From The Past: Wrestlemania 24-27

Rate this Entry
What is up everyone? As i was getting ready to write FFTP WM 24, I realized i only had today, tomorrow, and sunday left to write the 4 remaining blogs. Instead of bombarding the blog section with 4 blogs, I figured I'd condense the 4 into one. Hope you guys enjoy reading.

Wrestlemania 24

Match of The Night
World Heavyweight Championship
The Undertaker vs Edge(c)

I remember the build up and while in my opinion it wasn't anything amazing, I did enjoy it. The match itself at Mania was excellent. For a brief moment I believed Edge might end the streak. Every near fall had me on the edge of my seat, and in the final moments when Taker caught Edge in the Hell's Gate, I was hoping Edge would find a way to get out. For me, definitely match of the night.

Dud Of The Night
ECW Championship
Kane vs Chavo Guerrero(c)

Kane had won a battle royal earlier in the night to earn the right to get a title shot. I expected this to last longer than the 8 seconds i did. I still look back and think this was pointless. This did nothing for me, nor do I think it did anything for Kane winning the title.

Shocker of The Night
Shawn Michaels superkicking Ric Flair after saying "I'm sorry, I love you".

Show Stealer of The Night
Edge vs The Undertaker

Wrestlemania 25

Match Of The Night
Shawn Michaels vs The Undertaker

Now i have heard some say this gets more credit than it deserves, but when you look at the rest of the card from this Mania, this was easily the match of the night. I remember the build up vividly, and thoroughly enjoyed it, being an HBK mark an all. The ending to me was great, having Shawn go for a moonsault, only for Taker to catch him and counter into a Tombstone and pick up the win.

Dud of the Night
25 Diva Battle Royal for Miss Wrestlemania

I never dug the whole Santina Marella. To me this was a low point in Santino's career. Yeah he was doing something that was asked of him but still, this just sucked. Easily the dud of the night.

Shocker Of The Night
Rey Mysterio beating JBL for the IC title in 21 seconds

Show Stealer of the Night
The Undertaker vs Shawn Michaels

Wrestlemania 26

Match Of The Night
Shawn Michaels vs The Undertaker

Simply put, a good match. Need a say anymore?

Dud Of The Night
Bret Hart vs Vince McMahon

Now I am glad Bret came back, but this whole Vince/Bret was just a dud to me. It didn't interest me and the match itself was just lack luster. Plus having members of the Hart family involved, to me just downgraded this match. I might catch slack for this, but this match shouldn't have happened.

Shocker Of the Night
Jack Swagger wins Money In The Bank

The Undertaker vs Shawn Michaels II

Wrestlemania 27

Match Of the Night
No Holds Barred
HHH vs The Undertaker

I mean come on, what other match than this would be match of the night. From the first Mania i saw, WM 19, up until this one, this was by far the worst of them all for me. I had such expectations from a lot of the matches, and i felt like it didn't deliver. This was one of Takers matches where I knew he was going to walk away the victor, but I still thoroughly enjoyed the build up and the match itself.

Dud of the Night
Tie between the following
Kane, Kofi Kingston, Big Show, Santino Marella vs The Corre
Michael Cole vs Jerry Lawler

First off, Wrestlemania is for wrestlers. Its bad enough we have to bare with celebrities, but to have announcers take a match from others who deserve it, it is complete garbage. Then you have the 8 man tag match. Snooze fest right there. I just simply couldn't pick which was the bigger dud.

Shocker Of the Night
WWE Championship initial ending in double count out. I mean it was just complete garbage, in my opinion, the main event was just garbage.

The Undertaker vs HHH

Well everyone, that brings to close Flash From The Past, keep an eye out for one in april where I will take a look at either past Extreme Rules or past Backlash PPVs. Keep an eye out!

Submit "Flash From The Past: Wrestlemania 24-27" to Digg Submit "Flash From The Past: Wrestlemania 24-27" to del.icio.us Submit "Flash From The Past: Wrestlemania 24-27" to StumbleUpon Submit "Flash From The Past: Wrestlemania 24-27" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I think people have so little respect for Undertaker by saying he's 'past it' and 'limited'. Looking at your blog as well as your previous one for the past five WMs he's had the best match on the card. Although other people may say that's because he's been up against great wrestlers (and Batista lol) in terms of ring psychology and getting you on the edge of your seat there's nobody better, and isn't that what makes wrestling worth watching?
    Decent read, but I didn't like the way you set up the sections in the blog, and instead of trying to make 4 blogs in one, why don't you post it on different days? I know Wrestlemania is just around the corner, but i'm sure doing blogs after it would be still relevant. Anyway you did give us a alright recaps on the matches, and duds of past Wrestlemania.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tall
    I think people have so little respect for Undertaker by saying he's 'past it' and 'limited'. Looking at your blog as well as your previous one for the past five WMs he's had the best match on the card. Although other people may say that's because he's been up against great wrestlers (and Batista lol) in terms of ring psychology and getting you on the edge of your seat there's nobody better, and isn't that what makes wrestling worth watching?
    YES it is!
    Wrestlemania XXVII should be erased from memory full stop. It was effortlessly in the top three worst Wrestlemanias of all time, one match saved it from a zero out of ten in my opinion and we all know what that was...
    good blog but if The Taker vs HHH was the best match of WM 27 that told you about the quality of the ppv LOL

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.