View RSS Feed

DK Wrestling Savior

Not Your Typical Wrestlemania Predictions

Rating: 2 votes, 1.00 average.
After weeks of pushing it off to the side, I've decided to post my "Not So Typical" WM predictions. And while after watching Raw, I've lost a lot of enthusiasm for the upcoming extravaganza, I feel that these predictions will still be entertaining if nothing else. A little warning, this will be a long blog.

So, without further adieu...

PREDICTING WRESTLEMANIA 28

**MATCHES ARE NOT LISTED IN ANY PARTICULAR ORDER**

Sheamus vs Daniel Bryan (World Heavyweight Championship)

Okay. I think the WWE really dropped the ball on this feud. They've given me no indication that this will be anything but a Sheamus squash. And obviously, it won't be a total jobber squash. Daniel Bryan will get some offense in. But in no way does he threaten. Wrestlemania is built on making Wrestlemania moments. And this will be a big one for Sheamus as he becomes new World Heavyweight Champion. Clean win, pretty much a dominating win. I don't think they'll be doing the weaseling out stuff at Wrestlemania.

The Divas Match (Waste of Time)

As bad as the Snooki match was last year, I feel this will probably be nearly as bad. I'm so hoping for something, anything to happen that will deter this from just being a little running around ending in Beth Phoenix Glam-Slamming someone for the win. Maybe Kharma will come out. Maybe Michelle McCool will get involved. I don't know. But I'm predicting that Beth Phoenix gets the win.

A Funkasaurus Sighting

I don't know what they would do, or how they would do it. But somehow, Funkasaurus will come out and dance. It's Wrestlemania, it's 4 hours, and it's entertainment. He'll be a part of it.

Team Teddy vs TeamJohnny

Talk about gone to the spoils. What a major let down this has become. Here was an opportunity for a few big time things to happen. Miz could have turned face and basically revived his stale self. Good feuds that we could look forward to could have been developed. Hell, before Johnny hired him back, Drew Mcintyre could have turned face, made the save, and revived his career. The possibilities were endless. Instead, The Miz is part of Team Johnny, Booker T is part of Team Teddy, and Drew Mcintyre is taking Christian's place. Basically, waste of time filler match with nothing good to hope for. I guess Rey Mysterio will be back and joining Team Teddy, getting the win, and we'll have a Rey Rey vs Miz feud post-WM. I had a second idea that involved Edge helping Team Teddy, but with Christian out now, that seems very unlikely. Of course, there will be some sort of controversy involved and even though Team Johnny will lose, he'll still be around, as annoying as ever. Team Teddy gets the win.

Epico and Primo vs Jimmy and Jey Uso

I'm predicting this match will happen. It'll be a bit better quality than the typical Raw or Smackdown meetings we see with these two teams. But the tag champs will retain their titles, and we'll get to see Rosa dance around. Yay.

Kane vs Randy Orton

I'm really surprised they didn't make this a No DQ match. Randy Orton wins a hard hitting, decent Smackdown Main Event quality match. Probably reversing Kane's chokeslam into an RKO. *someone else predicted that too. It's almost jumping out at us*

The Big Show vs Cody Rhodes (IC Championship)

Finally, now I'm getting to the matches that I really want to predict. Over the last several weeks, Cody Rhodes has talked about Big Show's failures at Wrestlemania. And since Wrestlemania is built on moments, I feel this is the moment that The Big Show gets off the snide. But not just any ol way. I believe that all the reports about Shaq are true. He will be at Wrestlemania. And as Cody Rhodes is in the midst of getting ready to steal a win with some dirty tactics, or run away and lose by count out, Shaq will jump the rail and...HELP THE BIG SHOW, by throwing Cody Rhodes back into the ring. WMD. New IC Champ. Big Show and Shaq pose together. Wrestlemania moment.

Chris Jericho vs CM Punk (WWE Title)

I don't care what has been reported. And those who my blogs on a regular basis already know, I don't listen to reports on here. Having said that, I feel it would be a major injustice if this match was the opener. Because what happens when matches open, is by the time the Divas match starts, everyone forgets about it, unless it's a Money in the Bank match. Anyway, this will be the first of 3 very long, very competitive matches we will see. I'm sure the other two are obvious. A lot of action, a lot of close calls, but in the end, CM Punk will get a clean win over Jericho.

Jim Ross comes out to commentate

I'm predicting this to happen too. It would be great if this happened very early in the card and we didn't have to listen to Michael Cole ruin the broadcast with his ranting during the GM Tag Match. But he'll get kicked out for JR at some point. If not early, then at least from the Hell In A Cell Match forward.

HHH vs The Undertaker (Hell In A Cell w/ HBK)

Again with the reports and the rumors. I'm going to throw my own two cents into this. I really hope HBK is not planning on coming back. He can barely walk to the ring and even when he talks now, you can hear the age and tiredness. However, he will be involved one-way or the other. I'm going with three separate predictions on this one.

1. HBK gets knocked out at some point while the match is outside the cage. Road Dogg comes out to assist HHH. Maybe even Billy Gunn as well. They do a number on The Undertaker, only for him to overcome the odds, and still get the clean win over HHH.

2. Several people come out to assist HHH, circa 1994 Royal Rumble Casket Match against Yokozuna. Participants would be Nash, X Pac, Kane, Road Dogg, Mick Foley...HBK would also help. But in the end, he grows a conscious, sweet chin music to HHH. Puts the Undertaker on top and makes the count.

3. HBK is clearly going to screw The Undertaker and Mick Foley comes out. Putting the mandible claw on HBK. He takes a Pedigree for his troubles. Undertaker rises and puts HHH down with a tombstone. Another ref comes out and makes the count.

Either way, there will be controversy, there will be someone, or someones coming out to get involved, and Undertaker will end his career 20-0.

Stone Cold Sighting

I'm thinking he'll be there at some point. Maybe another face off with The Rock. Maybe one with both Rock and Cena. He'll be lurking.

The Rock vs John Cena

Finally, the match of matches...so they say. This will be entertaining and I am looking forward to it. However, it reeks of Wrestlemania 17. I blogged about four or five weeks ago when John Cena did his empty arena promo. He talked about how he needs to win this match. He did again this week on Raw. Went on and on about how he HAS TO WIN. I predicted then that his heel turn would take place at Wrestlemania, and I'm doing it again here. Again, I will reiterate that I don't give a crap what's reported, I feel it's going down like this. Vince McMahon will be at ringside for the match. It will be a good match. However, just as Stone Cold did to The Rock at Wrestlemania 17, John Cena will sell his soul to the devil for his Wrestlemania win. And talk about a moment. John Cena, posing with McMahon in the ring, to 70,000 pissed off, angry, booing fans.

Well everyone. That's my Not So Typical WM Predictions. I'm a little pissed because I had other things predicted that got buried this week on Raw. But there you have it. I held off to the final moment. I will be posting my Abdominal Stretch later this week and I'm very outspoken in it. It'll be a fun read.

Enjoy the rest of your week and be safe.

Submit "Not Your Typical Wrestlemania Predictions" to Digg Submit "Not Your Typical Wrestlemania Predictions" to del.icio.us Submit "Not Your Typical Wrestlemania Predictions" to StumbleUpon Submit "Not Your Typical Wrestlemania Predictions" to Google

Comments

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Very nice blog, and would make for an awesome wrestlemania. However, I think WWE is going with a HHH/HBK match for next year. Simply because, aall of the references of it "not being about Shawn" and "egos" and "Shawn being better than Triple H". I think trips will have the win, sweet chin music, pulls taker over triple h and they go with the "You're not better than me. IIf I couldn't end the streak, neither can you." Then, HHH vs HBK to "find out who's better".
    i disagree with the part team teddy will win most of the raw young talent who didn't get an opportunity yet is in team johnny in other words team johnny 's superstars need the win more simply because teddy is being boring just a bit washed up and i don't ever want to see the great khali go over the combined talents of team johnny he better get eliminated first hoping for christian interference
    Is the team johnny vs team Teddy an elmination match?
    I still think Drew will turn face and help Teddy and say that they planned this from the beginning.
    Good blog man. I really enjoyed this one. I really hope you're right about them actually putting a tag team championship match on the card. I mean for God's sake, it's a 4 hour show! We're already not getting a US title match because of Santino being on Team Teddy. I think if they want to legitimize the tag division, then making Epico and Primo defend the titles at Wrestlemania is a must. On the other hand, leaving this match off the card could very well be the final nail in the coffin for the tag teams. I honestly don't see how they could bounce back from such a slap in the face. I don't know if they remember TLC II from Wrestlemania 17. I know I remember it. Hell, I was there. It has been one of the biggest and most talked about matches to date, and low and behold it was for the tag team titles. Who says a tag team championship match can't be great? Not this guy. Anyway, I really enjoyed reading this one. Keep up the good work.
    good blog,i think most of what you wrote will come true.
    good blog but I think Vince doesn't anything to do in this match, I believe Cena will turn too thought
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.