View RSS Feed

DK Wrestling Savior

The Abdonimal Stretch: More on WM, and Post WM Thoughts

Rate this Entry
Hey Everybody. The Saviour here for this week's addition of The Abdominal Stretch. While I'm going to format this blog as I usually do, I will not be bringing new and fresh perspectives like I usually do...simply because, we're coming down the home stretch for Wrestlemania and that's basically The Event that's going on in the wrestling world. I'm also going to go into a few things post-WM, but obviously it all remains to be seen.

Wrestlemania Build-Ups

I personally think the Wrestlemania build ups have been on the weak side this year. And the reason is, with The Rock vs John Cena, and potentially The Undertaker's last match, this Wrestlemania has sold itself. While we all want to see Jericho vs Punk, and a good amount of us really do care about Sheamus vs Daniel Bryan, let's face it. If they were your two main matches, no one would be buying this PPV. I know, stating the obvious. But I feel that's really the reason behind the cruise control that WWE's been in as they coast into Wrestlemania.

Lord Tensai

Okay. There's been some talk about him. But not too much. Now, of course, I don't listen to reports, or make my determinations based on what's reported. Since usually there's three or four different reports about what a newly signed person's role will be. So far, I've heard henchman for Johnny Ace, feud with Cena, and feud with Punk. So my thought is this. What does it say about guys like The Miz, Dolph Ziggler, Cody Rhodes...etc that they have to sign some scrub from the early 2000's and repackage him to be "Fat Hakushi" and shoot him straight to the top? Now in all fairness, and I commented on someone else's blog with this, I didn't follow his post WWE career. Apparently he's been doing well in Japan, which is good for him. But I know what I saw when he was in the WWE. And he sucked. If anything, he should feud with Sheamus since Sheamus does the Brogh Kick which was the same as one of A-Train's finishers. Other than that, I really don't see the point in adding him to an already crowded roster with lots of people who are primed and ready to give it a shot at the top.

Post Wrestlemania Outlook

Wrestlemania is here and all indications point to no participation from Christian and Alberto Del Rio. Christian paid his dues and is at a point in his career where he should always be a consideration for main event matches. However, what should be done about Alberto Del Rio? Well, let's take a look. They pushed him to the top right away, he failed, now a pulled groin has stopped him from participating in all of 2012 to date. I don't believe for a second the report that they think the GM match is too comical for him. I think he's not in good graces right now, because he's flopped on expectations. WWE needs to look in the mirror on this one. Look at everyone else who's ready for the next level...and yes, the Zigglites are going to shoot one in their boxers on this one.

Dolph Ziggler pretty much came up the ranks, side by side, with Kofi Kingston. They battled to showcase their talents in irrelevancy. Then they battled again in a feud for the US Title. Now they're both pretty much at the same level. Maybe Dolph a little more than Kofi. Maybe.

Cody Rhodes had notable feuds over the past two years with Rey Mysterio, Booker T, and now The Big Show. He also had the gimmick with Ted Dibiase but he went flying past him. Now he's ready.

Alberto Del Rio, was thrust into the main spot from the start, and it was evident he couldn't hack it. He was given everything in 2011 and did nothing with it. What he needs is a pairing with someone else who's trying to make a name for himself. Whether it be someone brought up from FCW, or someone who's stuck in a rut. Two names come to mind. Alex Riley and Ted Dibiase. Alberto needs to feud with these two, or two similars, and it needs to be strongly emphasized that he's not above anybody or anything. Once he builds a little more steam as someone who's worked thru the ranks, just like Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Kofi Kingston, and everyone else.

That's all I got for this week's Abdominal Stretch. I tried to touch on topics that aren't talked about, as much as possible. I'll be posting one more blog this weekend. Wrestlemania Final Thoughts. Definitely read that. I'll have my reasoning behind my Cena/Rock prediction written in it. It'll be a good read, I hope.

Have a great rest of the week everyone. Be Safe.

Submit "The Abdonimal Stretch: More on WM, and Post WM Thoughts" to Digg Submit "The Abdonimal Stretch: More on WM, and Post WM Thoughts" to del.icio.us Submit "The Abdonimal Stretch: More on WM, and Post WM Thoughts" to StumbleUpon Submit "The Abdonimal Stretch: More on WM, and Post WM Thoughts" to Google

Comments

Interesting read DK. I can see your view point on the E being on cruise control in some aspects as we get closer to Mania. I will say though, if they had Bryan vs Sheamus and Punk vs Jericho as the main event matches and no Taker/HHH or Cena/Rock I'd still probably buy it, but that is just me haha.

I totally agree with you on Train. He bored the living crap out of me when he was back in the E, and in my opinion, it doesn't matter what he did in Japan or elsewhere. If he is coming in and taking a top spot from someone who has been there for the last few years, it just sucks. My guess is they will over push Train and it will derail in no time.

Anyways, good read bro! Looking forward to your last blog before Mania

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.