View RSS Feed

Rated_R(ob)KO

STATE OF THE 'E: The Face Of THE Face

Rate this Entry
Hello everyone and welcome back to another edition of the [B]ALWAYS[/B] imitated but [B]NEVER[/B] duplicated [B]STATE OF THE 'E[/B] in blog form! I am your host for the event, Rated_R(ob)KO!!

Now, I would like to bring to your attention as to why this blog is named what it is. I have thought long and hard about something and The Rock made a [B]DAMN[/B] valid point this past Monday on RAW. There's been tons of history in THE 'E but lets save face for a moment and discuss from the 80's on to today, shall we?

With Hulk Hogan leading the charge and revitalizing the business in the 80's and then Steve Austin doing the same in the 90's and John Cena with this generation... no one, [B]NO[/B] one can claim that they're beaten all of the company's[B] FACES[/B] at WrestleMania.

It's by this rationale that I hope The Rock actually [B]DOES[/B] win against John Cena this Sunday. The Rock was never [B]THE[/B] face of the company in "The Attitude Era", he was 2nd. There's been a pair since the company went mainstream...

Hulk Hogan had The Ultimate Warrior
Steve Austin had The Rock
John Cena has Randy Orton

Yes, there's been people in between like Shawn Michaels, Bret Hart, and plenty of others but, they've never been [B]THE[/B] people that THE 'E completely relies on to carry the company... the flag bearers. Those guys named above were those guys. But not even Warrior, Rock and Orton compare to Hogan, Austin and Cena.

So yes, that is why The Rock needs to beat Cena. And in all honesty, that's why he should. He's never been the [B]FACE[/B] but to have that legacy and honor to beat all of them at "The Grand Daddy Of Them All" would be something I definitely want to see. Cena can go on to beat The Rock at SummerSlam and Survivor Series and completely win the war but, the 'Mania win should, could and has to go to The Rock.

I know many will more than likely disagree but when you look at the big picture, you'll understand what I'm talking about.

I really have nothing else to input with this blog and I know it's rather short so what I'm going to do is obviously ask for questions, comments, concerns, death threats, and general snarkyness below. Also, just for giggles, I'll throw out my WrestleMania predictions. :)

[B]TAG-TEAM DIVAS MATCH:[/B]
BETH PHOENIX/EVE TORRES vs MARIA MENOUNOS/KELLY KELLY

Winner: Beth and Eve
---------------------------------------------------------------------

[B]WWE INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPIONSHIP:[/B]
CODY RHODES vs BIG SHOW

Winner: Big Show
----------------------------------------------------------------------

[B]"JOHN CENA'S ANNUAL LEFTOVERS MATCH"[/B]
RANDY ORTON vs KANE

Winner: Kane

[B]TEAM TEDDY vs TEAM JOHNNY[/B]

Winner: Team Johnny

[B]WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP:[/B]
DANIEL BRYAN vs SHEAMUS

Winner: Sheamus

[B]WWE CHAMPIONSHIP:[/B]
CM PUNK vs CHRIS JERICHO

Winner: CM Punk

[B]HELL IN A CELL "END OF AN ERA":[/B]
THE UNDERTAKER vs TRIPLE H
(SHAWN MICHAELS SPECIAL REFEREE)

Winner: The Undertaker

[B]"ONCE IN A LIFETIME"[/B]
JOHN CENA vs THE ROCK

Winner: The Rock

There you have them, hope you like them. See ya' soon space cowboy...

Submit "STATE OF THE 'E: The Face Of THE Face" to Digg Submit "STATE OF THE 'E: The Face Of THE Face" to del.icio.us Submit "STATE OF THE 'E: The Face Of THE Face" to StumbleUpon Submit "STATE OF THE 'E: The Face Of THE Face" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Good Blog. I have to disagree with the your Bret Hart point though. He definitely was the face. The carrier of the flag in the early to mid-nineties. Yes, there was Shawn Michaels running along side of him...and there was also a slow change in what's been happening in wrestling during that time. It started to really become a live production. Not just wrestling matches like when days were old and nights were bold. But everyone got music, big entrances, increased PPV's, all while still sticking with the old style of long title reigns and true quality matches. So, between Hogan and Warrior, I gotta go Bret Hart. He definitely had the company on his shoulders and was...THE MAN like the rest.

Good write...I enjoyed it.
    Good blog. I agree with you about Michaels and Hart. They were never near the popularity of any of those guys despite probably being better wrestlers than any of them.

It should be said though that Hogan wasn't booed until about '94 and Austin wasn't booed at all in his career (even when he was a heel he was cheered) so although Cena may be the flag-bearer for the company, he isn't in the same league as these two.
    I about 95% agree with your blog brother. I agree about there being two faces of every modern generation of wrestling. Hart could have been grouped in with Warrior/Hogan and Michaels could be grouped in with Rock/Austin however.

I also agree with you point about The Rock beating Cena at 'Mania. The Rock being the first guy to pin Cena cleanly in forever would be great. Look for Miz to interfere in it though, bank on it.

Where I disagree is I think Bryan is going to retain, other than that GREAT BLOG DUDE!

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.