View RSS Feed

Itchypanda

Alternatives to WrestleMania, Part 2

Rate this Entry
You can spend $60 on decently stacked 4-hour WWE card on April 1st or you can spend less than that ($37) for four events.

I have a limited budget with two young sons, a wife, mortgage, bills and etc. I love the WWE but I have been watching since 1983 and I can wait for the DVD for WrestleMania and enjoy this later. This is only a suggestion to seek alternatives for WrestleMania. I'm sure if you order WWE's event, you'll be thoroughly entertained. Consider the events below and support the future stars of wrestling because they are putting up some of the greatest matches I've seen in a decade. At least try the $1.99 event here: http://www.wwnlive.com/event-dgusa-3-30-12.html It's cheap and you can judge for yourself.

The events I'm talk about are Ring of Honor's Showdown in the Sun, airing March 30th and March 31st for one modest price of $19.99.

Showdown in the Sun can be purchased here: http://www.gfl.tv/Events/Fight/Wrest...BOTH_DAYS/1333

Pros: 2 nights for $20 , a stacked card, once you purchase the event you can watch it as many times as you please on gofightlive.tv., some familiar WWE/TNA talent names won't keep the new viewer lost (Lance Storm, Shelton Benjamin, Charlie Haas, Maria Kanellis)

Cons: You have to watch on your computer (unless you own a Roku player or watch on your tablet computer), you are unfamiliar with independent wrestling.

The Showdown in the Sun card as follows:

MARCH 30th:
-ROH champ Davey Richards vs. Eddie Edwards vs. Roderick Strong
-El Generico vs. Kevin Steen
-ROH Tag Team champs The Briscoes vs. TMDK (Mikey Nicholls & Shane Haste)
-Lance Storm vs. Mike Bennett with Maria Kanellis
-Young Bucks vs. All Night Express in a street fight
-ROH TV champ Jay Lethal vs. Kyle O'Reilly
-Charlie Haas & Shelton Benjamin vs. Caprice Coleman & Cedric Alexander

MARCH 31st:
-ROH Blind Destiny Challenge - Three matches but only one will be for the ROH title:
-Blind Destiny: Eddie Edwards vs. Kevin Steen
-Blind Destiny: Roderick Strong vs. Jay Lethal
-Blind Destiny: Davey Richards vs. Michael Elgin
-ROH Tag Team champions The Briscoes vs. Charlie Haas & Shelton Benjamin
-Young Bucks vs. All Night Express ina tornado tag match
-Kyle O'Reilly vs. Adam Cole
-TJ Perkins vs. Fire Ant

Also in the last blog, I mentioned DGUSA's $1.99 deal (March 30, Open the Ultimate Gate 2012) but they have a second iPPV show for $14.99 (March 31, Mercury Rising 2012). For those of you unfamiliar with DGUSA, the booker for DGUSA is Gabe Sapolsky (the old booker for Ring of Honor during the golden days of CM Punk, Samoa Joe, Bryan Danielson, Christopher Daniels and many others). Gabe has put another stable of young talented wrestlers from Japan and the United States and the UK (specifically, PAC). DGUSA is currently having their talent picked up heavily by WWE. Catch them before they are diffused into the media giant.

Here is the DGUSA card:

Friday 3/30 Open the Ultimate Gate 2012:
-PAC vs. Low Ki
-Masaaki Mochizuki vs. Akira Tozawa
-Rich Swann vs. Masato Yoshino
-Street Fight: Sabu & Jon Davis vs. Arik Cannon & Pinkie Sanchez
-Sami Callihan vs. BxB Hulk
-DGUSA Tag champions CIMA & Ricochet vs. Johnny Gargano & Chuck Taylor.
-AR Fox vs. Uhaa Nation
-Also scheduled to appear are Bobby Fish, The Scene and more.

Saturday 3/31 Mercury Rising 2012:
-Low Ki & Akira Tozawa & BxB Hulk vs. CIMA & Ricochet & Masaaki Mochizuki.
-Sami Callihan vs. Sabu.
-Pac Invitational Aerial Match: Pac vs. Rich Swann vs. Lince Dorado vs. more competitors to be announced.
-AR Fox vs. Arik Cannon.
-Bobby Fish vs. Jon Davis.

Submit "Alternatives to WrestleMania, Part 2" to Digg Submit "Alternatives to WrestleMania, Part 2" to del.icio.us Submit "Alternatives to WrestleMania, Part 2" to StumbleUpon Submit "Alternatives to WrestleMania, Part 2" to Google

Updated 03-26-2012 at 11:31 PM by Itchypanda

Categories
Thoughts and Opinions , User News

Comments

are you kidding me :O
    you will be buying a DVD ?
    LOL i will be watching wrestlemania the very next night on monday, guess how ? ONLINE for FREE
    Quote Originally Posted by Y2jpunk
    are you kidding me :O
    you will be buying a DVD ?
    LOL i will be watching wrestlemania the very next night on monday, guess how ? ONLINE for FREE
    i watch all the ppv online but wrestlemania is an exception, i buy the ppv for 15 quid, its so much better to watch on my flat screen than streaming, its wrestlemania man
    haha same here brother..mmm okay ill be buying a dvd too thn..godd fucking idea :Pthe dvd will just cost me a half dollar
    I understand in this tough economy it's easier to steal then to support your hobby properly. I don't pirate material and I teach my kids to either earn it or do without. Either way, to each his own. I'm not condemning you but there is a reason the WWE had to cut back on Blu-Ray production costs and scale back their production.
    Me and my friends found in place in our town showing it. We're just going to go there, eat wings,order beer and watch that shit
    From William Regal:

I'm looking forward to #wwehof and #wrestlemania. Over the weekend there's some other great Pro Wrestling in Miami. ROH and Dragongate. Check them out. There's a good chance some of WWE's future stars may be competing there.

​Classy guy.

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.