View RSS Feed

Madness

Thoughts about Lord Tensai

Rating: 2 votes, 2.50 average.
I think Lord Tensai is the destructive force the WWE needs right about now, he would add power to the WWE as well as bring in some Japanese style wrestling that he has picked up over the last few years.

So as many people already know and have figured out, Tensai is in fact former WWE wrestler A-Train/Albert. When A-Train was in the WWE he was a dominating force but I always believed he could have been more. They gave him gimmicks that couldn't last, he couldn't build upon his successes and at the time with people like Lesnar, Big Show, and the other many giants, Luther Reigns, Matt Morgan etc. he looked small. He was often the subject of being called fat by fans among other names. At this point in time i didn't really care for him. He was a one time intercontinental champion but probably more famous for his hairy back. In 2004 he eventually left the WWE.

During this time he wrestled in the Indy's until eventually settling on Japan. Many people when first hearing of him returning to the WWE have bashed him saying he can't wrestle, he can't work the mic, it makes me wonder does anyone watch or even hear of Japanese wrestling. For the past six years he has been a force in AJPW and NJPW and even wrestling in Mexico. He has held the tag titles multiple times even become tag team of the year last year. He has wrestled some of the best wrestlers from all over the world, not just Japanese wrestlers but also the likes of Lesnar and Angle who are considered to be great in what they do. He continues to improve further bettering himself and picking up tips and skills along the way. In Japan he could be considered this generations Big Van Vader, just a big American that is a major force.

When I first heard that the WWE had resigned A-Train I was excited, I have been following his work and he has improved greatly. The WWE is lacking big men, with the likes of Big Show and Mark Henry getting older and their feuds getting stale, they needed someone new....Broudus Clay. But since that gimmick seems to be going no where fast, someone else was needed. Tensai is that guy, while the name is funny to me, its almost insulting to Wrestling fans (yea we still know who he is).....the idea is what is great. He is going to come in like an unstoppable force, A-Train if you will.

The one thing that can hurt him is his name, its cartoonish, I would expect it on Dragon Ball Z or something. Another thing that WWE is notorious for is pushing someone to the moon and then ending the push. I hope he gets a good push, gets into some high profile feuds, and I would like him to stay on top. He is a force that would really add more depth and character to the WWE.

Again Just my Opinion----Madness

Submit "Thoughts about Lord Tensai" to Digg Submit "Thoughts about Lord Tensai" to del.icio.us Submit "Thoughts about Lord Tensai" to StumbleUpon Submit "Thoughts about Lord Tensai" to Google

Updated 03-24-2012 at 03:24 PM by Madness

Categories
Thoughts and Opinions , User News

Comments

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    i enjoyed this blog i too am a big fan of giant bernard even when he was with trish and test even with scotty 2 hotty in x-factor etc. but especially in japan along with karl anderson and travis tomko earlier i think his name sounds a bit like mr fuji so i wouldn't let the name boil him down i hope he doesn't get hired just to be a henchman jobber he's better than that this guy could be a big threat not only to cena & orton but also to the likes of sheamus etc.
    I'm really excited for it - I just hope it fits better than sin cara, who I was also hyped about and that went, well....

However gotta say he has the history with the company and with the new gimmick I think he could be a legit threat at the top of the roster - a feud with CM Punk would be awesome, and I dont use that term as loosely as some. With the sudden announcement of Yokozuna (one of my childhood faves) being inducted to the hall of fame I'm guessing his push will be something epic - between what both A-Train and Yokozuna couldhave been...
    I think you're giving Albert/A-Train a little too much credit. I don't watch All Japan or New Japan so you have followed much more closely, but I know what I saw in WWE back in the early to mid-2000's, and he was a scrub. Now they're bringing him back and pushing him right to the top. Another testament to how weak the WWE's future is as far as talent goes.
    i dot get A trains hype, his going to come in squash a couple of people, be spme kind of body guard but he will be back to boring, just like how he was in his first WWE reign
    Quote Originally Posted by DK Wrestling Savior
    I think you're giving Albert/A-Train a little too much credit. I don't watch All Japan or New Japan so you have followed much more closely, but I know what I saw in WWE back in the early to mid-2000's, and he was a scrub. Now they're bringing him back and pushing him right to the top. Another testament to how weak the WWE's future is as far as talent goes.
    Im trying to take him coming back for what its worth, he will prob do the body guard thing, probably have the monster heel gimmick etc. I probably am giving him too much credit, what im hoping for is that he will bring a fresh face to a company that has been rather stale in the monster heel department. The way I feel is that if Clay can get that push, Mark Henry has gotten that heel push, than so can A-Train. With guys like Big Zeke who are just floundering around in the division I wouldn't mind seeing someone else take that spot. I would love to see him start a tag team with one of the other big guys (Sheamus) and just have that dominating presence in the WWE. The whole thing that Im excited for is he adds another name to the World Title picture if given that chance and change is never a bad thing.
    he should tag with Kane and go for the tag titles
    As long as they're going with the Japanese gimmick here, pair him up with Yoshi Tatsu. They can push him and have Yoshi be his samurai, and maybe make a decent tag team while resurrecting two careers and making a new upper-mid guy if not a top guy. Of course, it's all wishful thinking here. Hell, my dreams overflow with the idea of them even having a Mr. Fuji-like manager/adviser to Lord Tensai.

Side Note: Tensai translates to mean a few things depending on what characters are used/phrasing and can mean genius, natural disaster, and horizon.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.