View RSS Feed

EricChampion

The Major Flaw with The WWF/WWE Championship?

Rating: 5 votes, 3.80 average.
Hi guys this would be the second blog I have done this week and I look to stir the pot a little here and see what happens.

Now for years i have been wondering when the WWE will crown an African American WWE Champion. This has bothered me quite a bit. If you look through the 90's and today WWF/WWE has had many Great African American professional singles wrestlers. Now many will probably say "The Rock" was the first African American WWE Champion which I would love to agree with but he is mixed and is American Samoan according to his birth record. So i'm not sure you can call him the First not that WWE ever has.

Mark Henry
Dee Low Brown
Ron Simmons
Shelton Benjamin
R-Truth/ Kwik / Ron Killings
The Godfather
Bobby Lashley

and perhaps 2 of the most capable were

Ahmed Johnson: He was a major power house was pretty well skilled, had decent mic skill and had the build of a WWF Champion, But even after becoming the First WWE IC Champion he never got any further then stuck in the middle of the Mid Card and Main Event Status. This is unfortunate for me because i was a huge Johnson fan and he clearly deserved to be put in the Main event for the WWF Championship even if it was a short "Miz or Del Rio like" run.

Booker T:Now there is absolutely no reason for Booker not to have been crowned a WWE Champion. This guy paid his dues in WCW and WWF/E and won the World Heavyweight Championship, World Tag Team Championships, WCW World Tag Team Championships, Intercontinental Championship; United States Championship; WCW World Television Championship; Hardcore Championship; 2006 King of the Ring. Now tell me with a resume like that and being one of the all time most successful wrestlers in history why isnt Booker T a former WWE Champion? He had it all in ring ability, Mic Skills, a great character along with a huge following of fans and a great mind for the business. I have heard Booker say on many occasions that his biggest regret is never holding the WWE Championship which to WWE is the holy grail of the company.

Now im not trying to hate on WWE most know im a huge WWE sympathizer and fan. But we have all heard the rumblings of maybe some Racism behind the scenes. Michael Hayes the reason Bobby Lashley and Krystal left for rumored verbal very racist assaults on Bobby and Krystal which im sure doesn't go along with the B.A.Star Campaign. Now something says to me that something must change within the WWE. John Cena never counted as an African american BTW.

So i guess i ask all of you am i wrong? Is this ok? Do you count Rock as the first WWF/E Champion? Out of all the things WWE has done to make me kinda make a face and say wow not sure this is a good thing. This has been a major flaw within WWE for years in my eyes.

Ok so i was just bringing to light a subject i feel pretty strongly about and ask how some of you guys feel on this very subject and i wanna know am i wrong about this?

Have a great day guys be safe.

Submit "The Major Flaw with The WWF/WWE Championship?" to Digg Submit "The Major Flaw with The WWF/WWE Championship?" to del.icio.us Submit "The Major Flaw with The WWF/WWE Championship?" to StumbleUpon Submit "The Major Flaw with The WWF/WWE Championship?" to Google

Comments

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Adreme
    If I remember right Booker T won the WHC which while not the same WWE likes to pretend they are the same so its unfair to not count that.
    If it was the same, we would all be counting it, but it's not the same. If it was the same, the WHC belt would never have even been introduced and it would have been the WWE title Booker T won, but it's not the same. If it was the same, Bobby Lashley would have hopefully won the WWE title as well, but it's not.
    rock is not african american... he is half Samoan... he is NOT the first
    Quote Originally Posted by Adreme
    If I remember right Booker T won the WHC which while not the same WWE likes to pretend they are the same so its unfair to not count that.
    the WHC is not forgotten as i mentioned it several time in my list of Booker T accomplishments. The fact remains that the WWE Championship is the biggest reward you can give to a star in WWE.
    Quote Originally Posted by newcore7
    I appreciate you bringing these facts to surface, as many over look these detriments. You make a valid claim, especially when it comes to Booker T, not only is he the uncrowned black wwe champion, HE is one of the greatest never to hold the title period. Ron Simmons, Ahmad Johnson, Dlo, are also others that lend a hand to validation. Kofi Kingston, R-truth is also over due as wwe champion, him being the black NWA champion; granted by the man himself Ricky Steam Boat. MVP, SHELTON BENJAMIN, two big names and former wwe stars who never got that push, It all seems to come to a halt at the US and IC titles and the new age glorified IC title "The World Heavyweight Title"

I dont even know how i forgot MVP extremely impressive skill in ring, great heel, great mic skills he had it all as well. and I love the fact that you pointed out that the HWC is the new IC belt because that's exactly what it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Starr
    Interesting blog. I think what your looking for is what the WWE has been on a high kick as of late "The First (Insert Country Here) Born WWE Champion. They have done it with Alberto Delrio and soon they will ride the crap out it with Sheamus. If the WWE gave the title to a white African Born wrestler, would that count?

No that wouldn't count haha because i am basically pointing out that there is some racism within the company and having yet another white person regardless of where he is born is still no different then what they have ever done.
    Let me make this clear, if you are directly from Africa and came to the United States and became a citizen of the USA, then you are truly African American. Otherwise, you are American just like everyone else. You do not see the white people going around stating that they are European American. And, the Rock is black. Just like Obama is black. Obama is the first black president. He is half African and half Hawaiian. The Rock is half black and half Samoan...actually now that I read some more, The Rock is Canadian. So, it does not matter what race people are. It matters what they do in the ring and give us the best entertainment possible. It does not matter if they are white, black, purple, green, blue...whatever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lupy1234
    Let me make this clear, if you are directly from Africa and came to the United States and became a citizen of the USA, then you are truly African American. Otherwise, you are American just like everyone else. You do not see the white people going around stating that they are European American. And, the Rock is black. Just like Obama is black. Obama is the first black president. He is half African and half Hawaiian. The Rock is half black and half Samoan...actually now that I read some more, The Rock is Canadian. So, it does not matter what race people are. It matters what they do in the ring and give us the best entertainment possible. It does not matter if they are white, black, purple, green, blue...whatever.
    Well said, man well said. That's what it comes down to, how entertaining they are inside and outside of the ring. It's not a strike against WWE Booker T never won the WWE championship, Booker had many reigns as WCW champion and World Heavyweight champ, and yes, the Rock is black, despite some people commenting he isn't. Rocky went through the same racist crap that all colored people of any race, religion, ethnicity go through.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.