View RSS Feed

bearkg88

Flash From The Past: Wrestlemania 22

Rate this Entry
Hello everyone. How are you all doing this evening? It is time for another edition of Flash From The Past, as we get closer to Wrestlemania 28. On this edition, I am looking at Wrestlemania 22. Lets get right into it shall we?

Wrestlemania 22
Allstate Arena-Chicago Illinois

Match 1
World Tag Team Championship
Big Show and Kane(c) vs Carlito and Chris Masters

Match 2
Money In The Bank
Rob Van Dam vs Shelton Benjamin vs Ric Flair vs Finlay vs Matt Hardy vs Bobby Lashley

Match 3
United Sates Championship
John Bradshaw Layfield vs Chris Benoit(c)

Match 4
Hardcore Match
Edge vs Mick Foley

Match 5
Handicap Match
The Boogeyman vs Booker T and Sharmell

Match 6
Women's Championship
Mickie James vs Trish Stratus(c)

Match 7
Casket Match
The Undertaker vs Mark Henry

Match 8
No Holds Barred
Shawn Michaels vs Vince McMahon

Match 9
Triple Threat World Heavyweight Championship
Rey Mysterio vs Randy Orton vs Kurt Angle(c)

Match 10
Playboy Pillow Fight
Torrie Wilson vs Candice Michelle

Match 11
WWE Championship
John Cena(c) vs Triple H

Matches of The Night

Match 6
Women's Championship
Mickie James vs Trish Stratus(c)

I remember seeing the build up to this and was in to it. The idea of James infatuation of Trish, seeing the kiss occur on Raw, and then James turning on Stratus on an episode of Saturday Night's Main Event, I was PUMPED for this match. If memory serves correctly this match was decent. It was at a time when the women's division still meant something. To me for this kind of feud, it had a really good build up, and a great way to have it culminate at Mania.

Match 4
Hardcore Match
Edge vs Mick Foley

Edge had lost the WWE Championship to John Cena, and Mick was the special guest referee. Thus of course the blame was on Mick for costing Edge the title. The build up to this match had me on the edge of my seat, and then the match itself definitely lived up to my expectations. The ending was just simply epic and to me, really helped keep Edge going in the right direction.

Match 11
WWE Championship
John Cena(c) vs Triple H

To be honest, I don't fully remember the build up to this match, I remember HHH won a tournament defeating Big Show and RVD in the finals to become the #1 contender but from that point to the actual match, nothing comes to mind. I remember watching this match though, the entrances and then the actual match. For a moment I honestly thought HHH was going to walk away the winner, and watching when HHH was locked into the STFU for a second time, I was on the edge of my seating thinking he'd force-ably crawl to the ropes and have it broken up again. Giving Cena the win though in my opinion was the right move, and to me, it didn't hurt either star as both were massively over.

Duds Of The Night

Match 5
Handicap
The Boogeyman vs Booker T and Sharmell

I don't know about everyone else, but to me, The Boogeyman was just an epic fail. Then to have Booker involved in this feud to me was just spitting in the face of the Book man. To me this match was a dud, this feud was a dud, just everything involving The Boogeyman was an epic dud.

Match 10
Playboy Pillow Fight
Torrie Wilson vs Candice Michelle

Ok...let me rephrase this..playboy pillow fight...do I need to explain further why this was a dud?

Match 7
Casket Match
The Undertaker vs Mark Henry

Out of all of the opponents I've seen Taker face at Wrestlemania, Henry was one of the worst. To me the build up was lackluster, and then the match itself was just dull.

Show Stealer Of The Night

Match 4
Hardcore
Mick Foley vs Edge

I don't know about others, but when I think WM 22, I think of this match. To me this was the thing people were still talking about after the Cena/HHH match.

Shocker Of The night

Edge spearing Mick Foley through a flaming table or Shawn Michaels nailing an elbow drop off the top of a ladder through McMahon who was stuck inside a trash can on top of a table.

Well everyone, that was Wrestlemania 22. We still have 5 more to go as we get closer to Mania. Keep an eye out, and I look forward to reading your thoughts and comments. Until next time!

Submit "Flash From The Past: Wrestlemania 22" to Digg Submit "Flash From The Past: Wrestlemania 22" to del.icio.us Submit "Flash From The Past: Wrestlemania 22" to StumbleUpon Submit "Flash From The Past: Wrestlemania 22" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I think the triple threat match for the world heavyweight championship could of been better if it had been longer. I vividly remember that the fans were booing for rey mysterio for almost the whole match but marked out when he won. I was like WTFFFF.
    Nice read dude. This Mania was alright, it had its highs and lows a lot like every ManIa. I remember how much I enjoyed the Edge/Foley and HBK/Vince matches. Both ending bumps were fantastic. Not too many bad matches to be honest, other than the ones you mentioned. Good blog man!
    i agree with you here but im not sure why anything called " Playboy Pillow Fight"would be a bad thing lol
    Giants was the worst opponent for Taker. 22 was supposed to be Angle but I think creative changed their minds.
    Great blog chief, I do have to disagree with one thing, Torries v Candice was great
    I was happy that Rey won . The HBK vs Vince Mcmahon was entertaining, but if they did not have the No Holds Barred stimulation, then it would of not as of been a big victory then it was (considering interferences)

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.