View RSS Feed

EricChampion

WMania 27, Vince Senile? PG vs Attitude, Fanbases.

Rating: 6 votes, 3.50 average.
Hey Guys!!! 7 Days till my yearly trip to Mania week!!! If you have never been to a mania week and enjoyed the events i would encourage you to do so if you are able to. And i'm uploading over 100 pics from mania 27 last year on my profile so go check that out!

Ok so the first thing im going to address is the "Vince Is Senile" comments that i see quite a bit. Here is how it is, WWE is a Corporation a large company that has many share holders and people that Vince IS FORCED TO MAKE HAPPY!!! I'm not sure many understand that but that's the fact. WWE lost a lot of money after the Benoit fiasco and caught a ton of blame and criticism after this happened. Share Holders were upset the company started losing a bit of money. Since then we have seen many thing disappear exp: Chair shots to the head, Blood and things of that nature. WWE has eyes on it and more then ever before the media is sitting by to jump on them and rip them apart and even TNA was attacked after the Benoit crap. Like it or not WWE is the corner stone of wrestling and anything negative that happens within WWE such as drugs, steroids, deaths at fairly young ages all effect the WHOLE Wrestling Business including TNA, ROH and other well known organizations that are in the MONEY MAKING Business.

Now i guess people tend to ignore all the Vince is unhappy articles that come out every so often. Vince is unhappy that the talent pool is at the lowest point i think anyone has ever seen and there isn't many stars within the company that are as motivated and willing to do anything for the business and create stars out of themselves. The performers now rely heavily on the writers to create everything you see on television today where as before the last maybe 10 years performers were willing to be themselves and do whatever it took to become something special and be remembered forever. I gotta tell you i can't remember many matches over the last 10 years that absolutely stick out as a memorable moments. None of this is Vince's fault or the writers fault. This is a lack of confidence with in each of the superstars minds. None of these guys are as confident in there abilities as previous historic superstars, and as STONE COLD said in an article not too long ago most of them are not wrestling fans. They are there for money which you can't blame them for that but you can hold them responsible for the way WWE has become predictable and for some none entertaining. However honestly if you are uninterested and bored of the product don't complain just don't watch anymore and let the people that still enjoy the business, enjoy it.

So im saying the difference between PG and Attitude is pure talent and love for the business which isn't what we have today.

I could go on and on on those subjects, but not on here i tried to shorten things down.

Ill talk about the fanbase pretty quickly here. There are a ton of fans that take everything that happens behind the scenes that we read about very personal. I gotta say this is why i think that fans reading these sites such as this one have ruined the business. I enjoy all of these sites because i like to read about the things happening in the everyday life of wrestlers. I don't take things that happen personal and i don't cry about it every week while saying "I WILL NEVER WATCH THIS AGAIN". Its very unentertaining to watch the same people that Wish the Attitude era would come back and the Taker, Jericho, Trips, Rock, HBK, Nash, all come back and yet we hear the same thing "I WILL NEVER WATCH THIS AGAIN". Now if it is so bad then why continue to watch or worry yourself about it? why not just quit watching and reading about something you hate so much? I think what it is, is that many have grown out of wrestling and even if WWE was to go totally back to the way it was those same people wouldn't like it then either. Wrestling has slightly changed but it is back to the Hogan era except now Cena is our Hogan, Punk is our Macho Man, Ryder is our Honky Tonk Man, Khali is our Andre, Ziggler is our Young Shawn Michaels lol the business goes in circles and it will come back around to a bunch of guys that want to change the company like the stars of the Attitude era but right now this is what we got either deal with it or just turn it to something else that's what remotes were made for haha.

Ok so that's all i wanted to say in this blog its more of a slight rant but i hope some of you guys enjoy. Have a great one!

http://www.facebook.com/eric.champion2
https://twitter.com/#!/eric_champion

Submit "WMania 27, Vince Senile? PG vs Attitude, Fanbases." to Digg Submit "WMania 27, Vince Senile? PG vs Attitude, Fanbases." to del.icio.us Submit "WMania 27, Vince Senile? PG vs Attitude, Fanbases." to StumbleUpon Submit "WMania 27, Vince Senile? PG vs Attitude, Fanbases." to Google

Updated 03-22-2012 at 03:40 PM by EricChampion

Categories
Thoughts and Opinions

Comments

Of all of the blogs I've had the privilege to read on this site, the blog above has got to be the most arrogant, smug, and pompous of them all. Great job (?).

I reserve comment on it because it has no point except (The talent all suck, Vince has absolutely no responsibility in the direction of his own company, and the fans of today need to quit watching and go do something else). Great message. Have fun drinking out of your half empty glass.
    boring blog
    First you have a valid point on what fans "want". However this is a new era of wrestling this isn't the Attitude era and that era was becoming highly unpopular while it was still going on. Fans started tuning out they couldn't sell out arenas anymore and yet they were still as Sex and Violence based as ever. Yet where did the fans go? where did the support go? What the minority of fans want to see is what they were getting in 2001 but where was the support when that's what they were giving us? They left and when they left it opened a new door to a new fresh fan base without a hero and in stepped Cena which unfortunately is one of the only young true wrestling fans left with in the business. But when did all the "entertainment" go? You will see a major dip in talent and entertainment as soon as Austin and Rock left. Trips was still going hard and doing well, Taker was drying out and still is yet he still found a way to bring back his more pre-AE character and it worked well with this new Fan base where as Trips was still stuck in the previous era and was not supported by the newer fan base. Then Eddie died which was a punch in the stomach to WWE, Kurt Left another punch in the stomach, Benoit became a murder and then killed himself again another punch to the stomach. The FACT is the talent today are not wrestling fans, they are not willing nor should they feel the need to endure anymore pain then they do on a regular basis because they are not competing to keep the Company a float, they are not confident in their own abilities so they can't go off script, they do not try to create an incredible match or do something we haven't seen before while in the building stages of the matches. The fanbase is asking to recreate an era that will never be replicated again by performers that are incapable of doing anything near that good. Nobody stole anything from the fans most of them left and a new fanbase stepped in and that majority is extremely happy with the product WWE is making big money and they are expanding the company to new horizons. WWE's ratings have gone down since Rock came back especially over the last 3 weeks. However Ratings are a thing of the past when trying to measure viewers because its simply not anywhere near accurate.

WCW went out of business because the company was losing money with a shrinking fanbase and terrible business decisions that effected the Stock holders opinions obviously. Bischoff had to be let go he was creating a terrible working environment losing young talent and had given complete creative control to many of the big names in WCW that kept younger talent from becoming stars. The Stock holders were not the reason WCW went out of business other then realizing it was time to pull the plug. Vince has made it very clear this is no longer just a wrestling business and has expanded the company now calling it an Entertainment company and i know it hurts fans to hear it but WWE is doing very well and making big bucks and you will not see unnecessary decisions that will create an epic fail of the recreation of the Attitude era.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bane of Balin
    Of all of the blogs I've had the privilege to read on this site, the blog above has got to be the most arrogant, smug, and pompous of them all. Great job (?).

I reserve comment on it because it has no point except (The talent all suck, Vince has absolutely no responsibility in the direction of his own company, and the fans of today need to quit watching and go do something else). Great message. Have fun drinking out of your half empty glass.

Well then you read it wrong lol The talent is unable to create the environment of which the Attitude fans want. Do they suck? absolutely not it just shows how extraordinary the talent was during that attitude era.

Vince has to do what his shareholders want him to do end of story or he will lose them.

And i have no idea what your are talking about when you said i think fans should go do something else? I said if you are that unentertained then why watch it and torture yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by chato
    boring blog
    Boring comment
    YEah boring blog.

Not really though, everything you said is spot on. Dare I say it but this PG era of wwe has reinforced vince's level of genius in my mind. shit on him if you will, but he has balls of steel.

the benoit debacle could really have seen the end of wwe, i shit you not. instead, they turned it into a successful pg product. ratings dont matter any more, they never really did, ratings only mattered when they mattered to wcw, the company makes a chunk of revenue off their website, retail, merchandise sales in arena's, show tickets, fucking loads of other things as well. being pg has opened more doors for wwe as well. if the talent in the back cant convince him they really REALLY want to be in the business for the long haul they should get on to it and work at convincing him. Watch the austin dvd ffs.

vince has to change his management of stars. lesnar fucked off, his replacement lashley fucked off too. young guys with swelling ego's cant be trusted. so he needs to find out who he can trust. this drew mcintyre thing thats going on, he just wants to see if hes in it for the long haul. the wrestling business calls for performers to be open to embarassment, its one of the biggest showpieces in the industry.

sorry for rambling, brilliant blog don't listen to the other guys who were offended that the truth you wrote got to them. brilliant again
    Quote Originally Posted by The Next Big Thing
    YEah boring blog.

Not really though, everything you said is spot on. Dare I say it but this PG era of wwe has reinforced vince's level of genius in my mind. shit on him if you will, but he has balls of steel.

the benoit debacle could really have seen the end of wwe, i shit you not. instead, they turned it into a successful pg product. ratings dont matter any more, they never really did, ratings only mattered when they mattered to wcw, the company makes a chunk of revenue off their website, retail, merchandise sales in arena's, show tickets, fucking loads of other things as well. being pg has opened more doors for wwe as well. if the talent in the back cant convince him they really REALLY want to be in the business for the long haul they should get on to it and work at convincing him. Watch the austin dvd ffs.

vince has to change his management of stars. lesnar fucked off, his replacement lashley fucked off too. young guys with swelling ego's cant be trusted. so he needs to find out who he can trust. this drew mcintyre thing thats going on, he just wants to see if hes in it for the long haul. the wrestling business calls for performers to be open to embarassment, its one of the biggest showpieces in the industry.

sorry for rambling, brilliant blog don't listen to the other guys who were offended that the truth you wrote got to them. brilliant again
    I greatly appreciate your comment and happy you enjoyed it. I can tell i got underneath some skin of some of the guys commenting because they wind up acting like politicians by twisting words around, and fail to find the facts in something they know is true. I enjoyed your comment and i intend to stir the pot some more in my next blog

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.