View RSS Feed

RatedATB

Top 10 Worst Wrestlemanias

Rating: 4 votes, 1.75 average.
What's poppin folks! RatedATB back at it again with another installment in my Wrestlemania series. With Mania getting closer and closer, many people are talking about how this is a boring card and there's a lot of bathroom matches. To them I say that's "FACKIN BOOLSHIT!" to quote the Iron Sheik. This Mania card is miles ahead the following 10 Manias I'm about to list. Yep that's right we count down the top 10 WORST Wrestlemanias of all time, in what might be a controversial list, but I'll leave that up to you folks. Without further ado...

10. Wrestlemania 2000 (16)

The first Wrestlemania I would ever see. As a child I thoroughly enjoyed it, seeing all of the biggest stars in the WWF showcased on the grandest stage of them all. Even at a young age I knew how special Wrestlemania was. And yet we got an abysmal card. In fact it was the only Wrestlemania in history to not feature a traditional 1-on-1 match. I will say the Triangle Ladder Match is a classic and the Benoit/Angle/Jericho match was a good one as well, the rest just felt clustered. I want to say I loved the main event, but as I said in one of my previous Wrestlemania blogs, it was an overbooked mess and the wrong man won. 4/10

9. Wrestlemania 12

Funny how a ppv that provided one of the greatest wrestling matches in history can also be regarded as a terrible show. Remove the Ironman match and the back lot brawl and you get some very forgettable stuff folks. Warrior squashing a young HHH in a few seconds is just one example of how badly this ppv went. I will say the back lot brawl between Piper and Goldust was great stuff and very revolutionary at the time, but it and the Ironman can only bring this up so high on the list. 4/10

8. Wrestlemania 13

Much like 12, this Wrestlemania provided one of the greatest matches in Wrestlemania history. But unlike Wrestlemania 12, it is very forgettable. This ppv is filled with matches that just fell flat in my opinion and never really took off. I don't think anyone truly cared at this point and it was a dark time for the WWF. Not to mention one lackluster, boring main event between Sid and Undertaker that didn't really have any heat nor did it have any true aftermath, leaving no one to really give a shit. This Mania had an amazing match between Hart and Austin that is regarded as a classic but it wasn't enough to save this show from failing. 3.5/10

7. Wrestlemania 15

I want to like this Mania. I really do. However there was NOTHING worth mentioning from this show at all. Rock and Austin was a good match but honestly was the worst of the 3 these two did together, and that was about it. This was one of those Manias that didn't really give any time to the matches to let them develop and get people excited, and it just didn't feel like a huge deal. The highlight of the night was Stone Cold winning the title back, which don't get me wrong is great, but this was at a point were they were really getting momentum and ruling the world of entertainment, and they delivered one lackluster ppv that didn't feel the least bit special. 3/10

6. Wrestlemania 6

When you mention this Mania you automatically think of the main event. Yeah, in my opinion concerning who was in it, it was a great main event. Yet when you look at the rest of the card, all you see is disappointment. With 14 matches this is one of the largest Wrestlemania cards in Wrestlemania history, and therein lies the problem. Too many matches is a BAD thing. Yes everyone works hard and deserves a spot on the card, but most of these matches were one on one. How hard would it have been to combine some of these, or leave them off entirely? If you go back and look, only 2 matches went over 9 minutes. 2/14 folks, 2/14. 2.75/10

5. Wrestlemania 7

Yet another Mania that was saved by an excellent match put on by Warrior and Savage. However, looking at the rest of the show, it doesn't take a wrestling genius to see just how bad this show was. Hell a lot of the matches didn't even hit the 5 minute mark. The main event was blah, even if it did have a TON of heat behind it. I really don't have much to say about this Mania. Nothing outside of Hogan/Slaughter and Warrior/Savage were given much time to develop and the whole show suffered for it. 2/10

4. Wrestlemania 2

Boy the first two Wrestlemania's were just not that great. The first Mania was obviously a success, and it was a no brainer to hold Wrestlemania 2. However the show's claim to fame was the fact that it was held in 3 different cities. Other than that you didn't really have too much to ride home about. The main event was boring, the undercard was boring, and the show in general was just that...boring. Apples and bananas...that was a test to see if anyone actually reads what I'm writing. It seems that people skip over what I write, and then complain about a choice that I made even if it contradicts an explanation I give. Anyway back to Wrestlemania 2, it was such a let down because 1 was such a success and it's obvious there was a huge expectation from this one that just let everyone down. 1.5/10

3. Wrestlemania 5

Some people might disagree, but I disliked this Mania. The main event was great and all, not really regarded as a classic like other Mania main events, but still good. The problem was this ppv was so damn long. Another one of those 14 match Manias that could've done without at least 4 matches to give more time to other important matches. This is a problem with most of the early Wrestlemanias considering they had huge rosters of people and wanted to get as many of the wrestlers on as possible, and while they do deserve it, I'm surprised they didn't just do the battle royal at the time. 1.5/10

2. Wrestlemania XI

Ok. Where do I begin. I will start off by saying I did enjoy Diesel/HBK and thought it was a decent outing between the two. That being said...the REST of this card was ASS. For god's sake it was headlined by Lawrence Taylor and Bam Bam Bigelow. No disrespect to Bam Bam, the man is a legend, but this was in no way shape or form deserving of being the main event of Wrestlemania. The match itself was alright, not a complete disaster, but the fact that it was the main event tells the story of how bad creative was for the WWE at the time. Such a forgettable event to say the very least. 1/5

1. Wrestlemania IX

Alright folks. The creme dela creme of shit. The show started off with a decent match between HBK and Tatanka, but it just went downhill from there. A whole crap ton of bad finishes and shitty matches filling the night up until the biggest piece of cow manure I have ever seen take place on a professional wrestling show outside of TNA or the dying days of WCW. Hulk Hogan coming out and winning the title from Yokozuna after Yoko had just defeated Bret was absolutely 100% unnecessary and just shows you how much greed Hogan had. Not to mention the fact that he was on his way to WCW, giving absolutely no merit to him pulling this off. It was a slap in the face to everyone involved and Hogan is BS for pulling it off. 0.5/10

Well folks there ya have it! We're winding down on this little mini series with the final blog being next week, focusing on the top 10 Wrestlemanias. I'm sure it'll be controversial but hey, F it is what I say. Not sure where I'm gonna go from here blog wise, I might start the Raw Reactions back up but that remains to be seen. Also on a side note. To the people who want to dispute any choices I make in these lists that fine, just read each section before doing so. I'm convinced people see something and without reading my side of it they just jump all over it. But eh, whatever, do what you want. I hope you enjoyed the read folks, and until next time it's been real, it's been fun, but it hasn't been real fun. Deuces!

Submit "Top 10 Worst Wrestlemanias" to Digg Submit "Top 10 Worst Wrestlemanias" to del.icio.us Submit "Top 10 Worst Wrestlemanias" to StumbleUpon Submit "Top 10 Worst Wrestlemanias" to Google

Comments

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by Duderino
    Please can you all stop using roman numerals
    LOL his got a point, it confuses me for a while
    OK, I know being this far down in the line of comments is more or a less a waste of time, but I can't hold my tongue. With all do respect, while this list does have some good picks, it's pretty bad overall. It's obvious you're not a fan of old school WWF, but that's no reason to regard the old Manias as bad. The fact that 20 and 27 weren't even in your top ten is just appalling. Those were god awful Wrestlemanias. I'm still waiting on Vince to give me my money back for that piece of shit from last year. 15, 5, and 9 (while not high on my list of favorites) were not all that bad. Wrestlemania 7 was the shit! I don't know what you have against a ton of short matches in between the featured ones. It's a WRESTLING show! Wouldn't you like to see more wrestling? And even though I have always hated Hulk Hogan, if you honestly don't think the main event of 7 had some major momentum going into it, then my friend you are lost. The whole damn theme of that event was USA and Desert Storm. I mean hell, they had to change the venue at the last minute to keep possible assassination attempts away from Slaughter. I'd like to see a heel today get that kind of heat. I'm sorry, but I hope your 10 best list is better than this one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Renevious
    OK, I know being this far down in the line of comments is more or a less a waste of time, but I can't hold my tongue. With all do respect, while this list does have some good picks, it's pretty bad overall. It's obvious you're not a fan of old school WWF, but that's no reason to regard the old Manias as bad. The fact that 20 and 27 weren't even in your top ten is just appalling. Those were god awful Wrestlemanias. I'm still waiting on Vince to give me my money back for that piece of shit from last year. 15, 5, and 9 (while not high on my list of favorites) were not all that bad. Wrestlemania 7 was the shit! I don't know what you have against a ton of short matches in between the featured ones. It's a WRESTLING show! Wouldn't you like to see more wrestling? And even though I have always hated Hulk Hogan, if you honestly don't think the main event of 7 had some major momentum going into it, then my friend you are lost. The whole damn theme of that event was USA and Desert Storm. I mean hell, they had to change the venue at the last minute to keep possible assassination attempts away from Slaughter. I'd like to see a heel today get that kind of heat. I'm sorry, but I hope your 10 best list is better than this one.
    Hey man thanks for taking the time to respond, and I respect your opinion a great deal, there's just a few things I'd like to set straight, respectfully of course. I do want more wrestling, just in the form of longer matches. I'd rather have 7 or 8 matches go 15-30 mins than 14 all go 5 with a few breaking the 10-20 mark. Also I had XX in the list originally but bumped it last second because it had about 4 or 5 matches I enjoyed. As for 27 I've said it before that if you take away the disappointing main event and cole/lawyer then people wouldn't have much to complain about. I understand where people are coming from, but there are just far worse shows than 27. As for being an old school WWF fan, I am, I actually rather enjoy all aspects of WWE/WWF, but just because I enjoyed it doesn't mean it was the best shit ever. Every era has shitty stuff, and back then was no different. Again, I respect your opinion on this, just wanted to say a few things. Thanks for reading man!
    Quote Originally Posted by RatedATB
    Hey man thanks for taking the time to respond, and I respect your opinion a great deal, there's just a few things I'd like to set straight, respectfully of course. I do want more wrestling, just in the form of longer matches. I'd rather have 7 or 8 matches go 15-30 mins than 14 all go 5 with a few breaking the 10-20 mark. Also I had XX in the list originally but bumped it last second because it had about 4 or 5 matches I enjoyed. As for 27 I've said it before that if you take away the disappointing main event and cole/lawyer then people wouldn't have much to complain about. I understand where people are coming from, but there are just far worse shows than 27. As for being an old school WWF fan, I am, I actually rather enjoy all aspects of WWE/WWF, but just because I enjoyed it doesn't mean it was the best shit ever. Every era has shitty stuff, and back then was no different. Again, I respect your opinion on this, just wanted to say a few things. Thanks for reading man!
    Well said my man. I guess we'll just agree to disagree on this one. And I see where you're coming from on the issue with 27. I just had more beef with it than that. I was very upset to see Edge and Del Rio, which was a really good match, to be the first one out. The mixed tag thing with Snookie was abomination, and the 8-man (I think it was 8) match was shorter than the gimmick battle royal from 17. Not to mention, a match that is one of the main events and for the WHC this year got completely bumped off the card because of time constraints last year. Daniel Bryan and Sheamus was the main match I was looking forward to, and it got cut to make sure John Cena and Miz's intros could take up as much time as it did. It was a 4 hour ppv that didn't have time for a US title match. F that. Anyway, whether I agree or not, I always enjoy reading. Take it easy, dude.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.