View RSS Feed

TheGreatOne

What should have been: Survivor Series 2011 main event

Rate this Entry
I decided to start a series of blogs called "What should have been" because some main events could have been better at the ppv events. Some times they book main events that people don't want to see or that would have been the bigger pay off. That is why I started this....give my opinion on what the main event should have been at the ppv. Survivor Series 2011 is a perfect example of something fans didn't want to see. They wanted to see Rock/Cena face not for them to team up.

They can't hookup til Wrestlemania, I agree, but the main event would have been better and ended up with better buys with something different than a tag match. I was thinking more of a classic Survivor Series match. 5-on-5 Survivor Series match everyone would anticipate.....Cenation vs Team Bring It. The Rock gave Cena a Rock bottom in the end, so if his team would win because of it....who cares?

Who would have been on each of their teams? I was thinking about the Nation of Domination teaming with the Rock. Guys like Mark Henry, D-Lo, Kama aka Godfather, and Ron Simmons. If one couldn't compete, use a guy like Foley as a replacement. You could possibly bring Rock's father back if you must to add a member. Get Cena's dad in the match as well. Not saying they would take bumps or anything. They could get eliminated by double countout or something like that. D-Lo and others would be crazy to turn down an oppurtunity to main event a ppv with superstars like Cena/Rock in the same match with them..

Who could be on Cena's team? Big Show for the reason Henry is in the match. Their match at Survivor Series was like 10 minutes. Elimination match like the 5 on 5 would probably take 30 minutes or just give some extra time for the young guys. Zack Ryder didn't have a match at the ppv. Be big for his career at that point. Cena/Ryder were broskis at that time. Made a bit of sense. B-squared could return for old times sakes as well for the match. Cena, Show, Ryder, B-squared, and possibly Cena's dad. Big O could be a possibility or some guy like HHH who had a long history with the Rock. Jericho could be a possibility as well.

How the match could have went down: Rock/Cena did their moves on the other performers in the match. Come down to them 2 of course to have the face-off than a guy like Mark Henry attacks Cena from behind. Rock watches it as it occurs. Picks Cena up after Henry leaves the ring and delivers a Rock bottom. 1, 2, 3 and Team Bring it wins. I think that kind of main event would have sold. Not teaming Rock/Cena together that no one wanted to see. Would have led to more anticipation for the match at Mania. Miz/R-Truth could have been in the WWE championship match w/Punk and Del Rio. Pin R-Truth and led to a triple threat like TLC match they had. Hell, Jericho could have cost Cena the match like he did a decade ago in the classic Survivor Series match with the Rock. A lot of good possibilities you could have ended the match with would have been better than the tag match for the past Survivor Series. That would have gotten some buys if you ask me.

Submit "What should have been: Survivor Series 2011 main event" to Digg Submit "What should have been: Survivor Series 2011 main event" to del.icio.us Submit "What should have been: Survivor Series 2011 main event" to StumbleUpon Submit "What should have been: Survivor Series 2011 main event" to Google

Updated 03-20-2012 at 09:27 PM by TheGreatOne (thoughts n opinions)

Categories
Thoughts and Opinions

Comments

Very Interesting. Probably would have been good, but the teams would need to change. I'm sure I saw D-Lo Brown as a security guy on TNA a few weeks ago. There's probably a reason why he's not wrestling. And Ron Simmons and The Godfather aren't wrestlers these days, are they? Not WWE PPV Wrestlers anyway. And if you had Marc Henry on Rock's team, then you had one of the bigger heels at the time teaming w/ The Rock. And no World Title match.

I agree they shouldn't have teamed them up. I actually think Rock at Survivor Series was pretty pointless. And the angle they used to team them up was pretty sad, and poorly acted out.

Good idea though. I like the Elimination Style Match.
    The match you named sounds more like a RAW reunion match than a main event at one of the biggest events of the year.

The only problem with them captaining the traditional 5 on 5 survivor series match is that they are both faces. There aren't enough guys in the WWE to throw on their teams that would make sense. Let's face it, every guy you mentioned is old now and can't do squat in the ring.

Do I think they should have been on a team together? No, but the traditional tag match just wouldn't have worked with these guys this year. I don't have a suggestion for what they should have done, but the 5 on 5 match wouldn't have worked.
    Quote Originally Posted by silentq
    The match you named sounds more like a RAW reunion match than a main event at one of the biggest events of the year.

The only problem with them captaining the traditional 5 on 5 survivor series match is that they are both faces. There aren't enough guys in the WWE to throw on their teams that would make sense. Let's face it, every guy you mentioned is old now and can't do squat in the ring.

Do I think they should have been on a team together? No, but the traditional tag match just wouldn't have worked with these guys this year. I don't have a suggestion for what they should have done, but the 5 on 5 match wouldn't have worked.
    Rock's team vs Cena's team seems more like a Raw main event than one on a big stage like Survivor Series? I suppose you would have to think likewise with the Miz + R-Truth vs Rock + Cena cuz that certainly wasn't a main event people wanted to see. Certainly not me.....

They are both faces so it won't work? Is that why they shouldn't face at Wrestlemania to? Who is asking a lot from guys in a 5 on 5 Survivor Series match? All of Cena's guys can still go, D-Lo certainly can along with Mark Henry. Rock as well. Foley, Kama, or Farooq could just do a couple of moves and make a tag. This isn't a singles match where the guys have to stay in the ring and put on a show for the fans. They got other guys out there who need in ring action as well. It isn't like Farooq or Kama couldn't take a chokeslam or something like that. Hell, we could get them DQ'd or something if they can't take any bumps.
    Quote Originally Posted by DK Wrestling Savior
    Very Interesting. Probably would have been good, but the teams would need to change. I'm sure I saw D-Lo Brown as a security guy on TNA a few weeks ago. There's probably a reason why he's not wrestling. And Ron Simmons and The Godfather aren't wrestlers these days, are they? Not WWE PPV Wrestlers anyway. And if you had Marc Henry on Rock's team, then you had one of the bigger heels at the time teaming w/ The Rock. And no World Title match.

I agree they shouldn't have teamed them up. I actually think Rock at Survivor Series was pretty pointless. And the angle they used to team them up was pretty sad, and poorly acted out.

Good idea though. I like the Elimination Style Match.
    Like the World title match would help sell more DVDs than the traditional tag match w/ Rock's team vs Cena's. D-Lo can still wrestle if he wanted to. It isn't like he is old or anything. He has to be still in his 30s because his last run with the WWE talked about him being too young and immature in his last run. People who watched the attitude era would understand why they are teaming together(Henry + Rock).

I thought elimination style of a match would have brought more prestige back to the importance of that match and Survivor Series. Certainly would have been better than the match we were given.
    How about team rocky= The Rock, Randy Orton, The Miz, R-Truth, Mark Henry. Team cena =John Cena, Zach Ryder, The Big Show, Kofi Kingston, Evan Bourne......... This could have worked around the time of ss with some interesting story lines with The Rock recruiting Randy Orton, also could orton and Henry be on the same page etc!

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.