View RSS Feed

DK Wrestling Savior

The Abdominal Stretch: Post Raw and WM in View

Rate this Entry
Hey fans of the this unpredictable, crazy world of wrestling in which we all know and love. The Saviour here with this week's Abdominal Stretch.

Before I go any further, there is something I need to do. And that is apologize to Knox. Over the course of several weeks, I've unfairly criticized his blogs to an extreme level. Then, because of an opinion he made that I don't agree with, even though the rest of his blog was good, I posted a blog that I knew, based on the title, would get many reads, and I completely outed him. It was wrong of me to do so. His blogs are good, even if I don't agree with all of his points. I've lost sight of what this is all about. I'm sure he didn't lose any sleep over my comments or my blog, but he, along with other faithful readers, pointed me out on how wrong I was in doing what I did.

Now on to the Abdominal Stretch. I've got some good stuff this week. At least I hope it's good.

Daniel BryanI don't know if I'm alone in feeling this way or not, but how Daniel Bryan destroyed Zack Ryder on Raw, was exactly what I have been calling for to happen for the last 4 weeks. For a moment, I felt that there was seriously a threat now in Daniel Bryan. If this were to happen over the last 4 weeks, I would almost think Daniel Bryan might win at WM. I still think Sheamus will win a lack luster match, but seeing what Bryan did on Raw, is what I want to see out of him in this heel character.

Jericho

In last week's abdominal stretch, I mentioned how I want to see Jericho in a match. Then on Smackdown, he has a great match with Sheamus. Initially, I felt it was the wrong pairing. But the ending of that match was a good focal point on the Bryan/Sheamus feud leading into WM. And Jericho is one of the best at being just a complete dick. I'm looking forward to a great match between he and Punk...Despite the the fact I still think WWE mishandled his return, we reached this point with him and Punk, which is where it's supposed to be. Could they go in another direction with this angle and not go with the alcoholic father routine? Sure. But I'm not one of those sensitive types who gets offended by stuff. I see wrestling as the fictionalized show that it is and this angle works just as fine as any other. They have to show Punk as vulnerable. There are maybe a few people who could pull this off in the history of wrestling. Jericho is one of those people. And...wait for it...Dolph Ziggler is not. (LOL...there's my daily cheap shot)

The GM Feud

I think we're at a point now where the teams for the GM feud is taking shape. I'm sure we'll get some more additions on Smackdown for Team Teddy. *I don't read spoilers so I won't know until Friday* But I think they're waiting until the very last moment to unveil their two finalists, almost like mystery opponents. Either this coming Monday on the last Raw before WM, or even next Friday's Smackdown two days before. Either way, I'm sure Alberto Del Rio will be one, since he was on the panel at Elimination Chamber. There are reports that Rey Mysterio will be the one for Teddy, if he's healthy. Read my blog this weekend. It's titled "Not Your Typical Wrestlemania Predictions", to find out how I think it's all gonna go down.

David Otunga, Cody Rhodes, and Sheamus

Why in the world would I put these three wrestlers together as a heading? For one reason. The point out that these three have a ton of momentum going into Wrestlemania. Otunga is drawing good heat. His momentum is turning him into a good mid-card heel. Regardless of the outcome of the GM Feud match at Wrestlemania, I think David Otunga is definitely on the rise. Cody Rhodes, is drawing top heel heat these days. He's got so much momentum that it's practically inevitable that he'll be headlining Summer Slam. *I said practically*. And Sheamus has pretty much owned 2012 so far, even more so than CM Punk. But here's the thing about all three of them. Is having all this momentum leading into Wrestlemania a good thing? What happens if they lose their matches? Of course, Otunga is on the rise either way, because Sheamus and Cody have already risen above that mid-card level. But for Sheamus and Cody...what would a loss mean?

Thanks everyone for reading this week's addition of The Abdominal Stretch. I'll be posting my "Not Your Typical Wrestlemania Predictions" this weekend. Check them out. They're going to be great.

Be safe everyone.

Submit "The Abdominal Stretch: Post Raw and WM in View" to Digg Submit "The Abdominal Stretch: Post Raw and WM in View" to del.icio.us Submit "The Abdominal Stretch: Post Raw and WM in View" to StumbleUpon Submit "The Abdominal Stretch: Post Raw and WM in View" to Google

Updated 03-20-2012 at 12:49 PM by Frank

Categories
Thoughts and Opinions

Comments

Last night's RAW sucked ass. I am not really that excited about WM this year. The build up to these storylines just don't feel right to me.

Months ago I would have said Jericho vs Punk was AWESOME, but it has been a bit disappointing. The actually match might be great, but so far it has been just UHH...

Taker vs HHH is pretty cool. You can't be NOT psyched about Hell in a Cell.

The rest just seems so rushed and dull for some strange reason.

I will say this, the abdominal stretch is one of the greatest wrestling moves EVER. I'm being being sarcastic. I think that that and the Russian legsweep are awesome.
    Another good blog bro! In regards to your last blog, I don't think it was bad,, i think you made some interesting points,, I just didn't comment as I wasn't sure what I wanted to say. In regards to this blog though, it was another great edition of the Stretch!
    Good blog, nice to see you apologize to Knox.

But you need to apologize to most people here, I don't know who they are but I am one of them. I actually got really upset when you spoke about people youtubing old matches and saying that we think it's 'outdated'. Good blog though.

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.