View RSS Feed

Rated_R(ob)KO

STATE OF THE 'E: We're Close, So Close

Rate this Entry
Hello and welcome back to another blog edition of the OFTEN imitated but NEVER duplicated STATE OF THE 'E!! I'm letting everyone know right off the bat that I'm going to be talking about Mania, and a fe other things in my mind. But, I want to let you all know that I am now the eWN Blog Mod.

So if you have any questions about unapproved blogs, you can ask me as well. I'd appreciate it actually, and even bring to my attention to something I might have missed. Thanks in advance everyone! Now, onto the meat and potatoes!

WRESTLEMANIA XXVIII:

Yes, this is a beaten horse by now and I'm not going to spend too much time on it but I am going to say that I'm thuroughly excited by it. I know a lot of people are complaining about the card, really? REALLY? You're getting a ton of things that have never happened at a 'Mania before. Kane VS Orton, CM Punk VS Chris Jericho, John Cena VS The Rock, HELL IN A CELL Undertaker VS Triple H, and many more surprises. How are you THAT jaded to say you're not excited about 'Mania this year? They've actually put a lot of effort into the card this year and you're still complaining?

I said it a few blogs back and I still hold it true. The IWC will find anything, ANYTHING to complain about. There's so much to be happy about with the card this year... they're actually focusing, they're making it enjoyable. Yeah, The Rock and Cena need a bit more work but you know what, it's got enough. It's a different kind of feud. It's an expirament. They took their feud to "The Digital Age". Twitter, Facebook, the internet in general.

The battle lines have been drawn a while ago and despite what you may think, this is the first type of feud of its kind. It's unique and original. I know that things in between have been repetitive but, the concept is different and fresh. As long as it pays off, I guarantee the internet will be utilized more than ever. And for us IWC, that's a good thing. We've already seen a shift to our way of thinking when it comes to new talent being hired from the outside and worked on within rather than trying to grow their own.

Again, I for one am WAY excited for 'Mania this year. It's the only time of the year I gladly put the curtain back in place and let them do their "magic". I'm a kid again, I'm pure. Maybe you guys should try it too?

CM Punk

Yes, a portion of this is about our current WWE Champion. The Best In The World... currently a gimmick that has spurrned people to debate as much as they possibly can about the who's who of wrestling and sports entertainment. Hell, if it's getting people riled up, I'm all for it. I'm GLAD people are talking and getting pissed at his gimmick.

You can't be WWE Champion and NOT be the best. It's living up to its name and that's what its supposed to do. Now, if you've been following Punk like I have been since for forever, he truly is one of the GOAT's of wrestling. Bank on it. If you don't believe the hype, maybe find the three matches with Samoa Joe, find the TLC match with Chris Hero, find the ROH match agains Austin Aries.

Find his past. Find his time against Raven in ROH and also in NWA-TNA. Punk has gotten around and has proved in pure wrestling matches to hardcore wrestling matches that he deserves to be in the ring with the greats and hell, if anyone knew his career really well, you'd know that the Triple Threat match between CM Punk, Eddy Guerrero (That's how they spelled it.) and Rey Mysterio (Maskless before WWE debut.) was one of the best matches of his career. And it happened in IWA-MS towards the beginning of his stint.

Actually DO the homework. CM Punk is a phenomenal in ring worker who has been limited lately. He's had to be because he is one of the faces of the company. Deny it all you want. He's being groomed. He's next. He's proven it and it's his time. Congratulations!

FCW BEING FUTURE ENDEAVORED

I was going to make a blog about the annual "WWE SPRING CLEANING" but, I didn't have to apparently. One can only speculate currently what they're going to do but, hopefully they already have it planned out. They're moving the guys and gals to Stamford and I guess going to be filming out of there somewhere and airing the episodes on The WWE Network when it debuts this fall.

One has to be worried for the Jon Moxley's, Bo Rotundo, Chris Hero, Claudio Castrognoli, Tyler Black, Richie Steamboat and all the other extremely talented people there. This is a VERY crucial point for THE 'E. They need new talent and they need new faces. They're at a point where they can take a serious nose dive or they can pull up and steer the plane right. These next few years are actually needed for the continued existence of THE 'E for the future.

Without a home for new talent, how do we get new talent?

Well, that's all I have for this blog. I'll be back sooner rather than later. Until then, as per usual leave comments, questions, death threats, spanking threats and anything else below.

See Ya' Soon Space Cowboy...

Submit "STATE OF THE 'E: We're Close, So Close" to Digg Submit "STATE OF THE 'E: We're Close, So Close" to del.icio.us Submit "STATE OF THE 'E: We're Close, So Close" to StumbleUpon Submit "STATE OF THE 'E: We're Close, So Close" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Eddie bro, With the network coming someone had to paid, goodbye FCW!!!
    I agree completely about Punk. Everyone wanted him to be the face, and now he's being groomed as such, and people are bitching because he's not shooting every week. Well sorry folks, if he did that then all of WWE's secrets would be known and then what would be the point of putting on a kayfabe show if there is no kayfabe? And don't sit there and tell me that's what it needs to turn into because that my friends is horse shit. Good blog man
    I don't know why people aren't excited for the card (besides the divas match), but I can't wait. They stacked it up this year to get everyone on the card. Also congratulations on becoming the blog mod.
    Is that last line from cowboy bebop?
    I heard they was going to bring the Farm home to Conn. Which makes sense and they could tape the matches there as well. That's where the grooming will take place is there. Also I ordered the Summer of punk I can't wait to see it.

Doc
    I agree Mr. KO, great mania, huge buzz going into it. Likely the best build for a mania since, hell maybe even since WM21 is the first one that springs to mind. Stilll way more excited then ive been for the last few years and for me and im going to enjoy it but there is that little nag in the back of my head that says "what happens after?". A ton of the top guys that are making these shows and promos exciting and making mania exciting are going to likely not be around. rock, HHH, HBK, Taker and likely jericho (fozzy album upcoming) are again, likely not going to be around. When that happens, Will we be left with the SuperCena/Apex Predator extravaganza with a hint of CM Punk?
    hey Rob, congratulations on your new position,I remember you helping me out when I first came to this site so your probably the right man for the job!

Also I completely agree with your thoughts on the Cena/Rock feud. I wrote something that shares seems to be on the same wavelength recently recently on my own blog, http://thecomplexheel.blogspot.co.uk/ if your interested... since i wrote that I've actually been enjoying The Rock a lot more.

keep up the good work brother
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.