View RSS Feed

DK Wrestling Savior

Can An Opinion Be Wrong?

Rate this Entry
Wrestling has a very rich history. Just the WWF/WWE alone goes back so long. Before Hogan, there was Bob Backlund and Burno Sammartino among many many others. It is because of this history, that I feel compelled to post such a negative and attacking blog. In the interest of just being mindful of others, I won't be mentioning anyone's name or title of their blog.

I take pride in the fact that I am fully objective in my blogs. If there is anyone reading this that doesn't understand what I mean by that, it means I don't play favorites. I take facts, what's happening, what I see, and make the best educated opinion. The thing about opinions is, they're not wrong...most of the time. But how can an opinion be wrong? It's just someone's viewpoint, belief, or thought process, right? Opinions are generated from facts. In order to have a truly educated and logical opinion, you have to know what you're talking about. Otherwise, it's just a blind opinion brought on by bias and brain-washed thoughts.

The best example would be this. Take someone who just started getting into wrestling 10 years ago, as the Attitude Era was winding down. It was still violent, there was still blood, edgy content, etc. And they've followed and watched the transition into whatever era you wanna call it today. But that's not enough. They wanna know what people are talking about when they mention Montreal Screwjob, or who Razor Ramon was. So they jump to youtube and brush up on past events, they read sites about wrestling's history, and they watch past matches. There is a problem with this though. Times change. And unless you actually watched wrestling back then, you can't understand things like why guys like Paul Orndorff and Cowboy Bob Orton and The Magnificent Morocco are legendary figures in the wrestling.

Now, having watched wrestling from the day Bob Backlund got screwed out of his title to the Iron Shiek, until the weak ass Raw episode we just watched on March 19, 2012, I think I would have a pretty good understanding about the qualities of most of the legendary wrestlers from the golden age to today. And I can tell you that if you only started watching wrestling 10 years ago, and then youtubed all the past events, you don't go into it genuinely. You'll probably look at the first ladder match between HBK and Razor Ramon as lame. You'll probably watch Tito Santana against Macho Man for the IC Title and think, wow, this is outdated. And it's all because you didn't grow with it. I know the matches got more extreme since HBK and Razor Ramon battled it out in the first ladder match. People didn't do triple corkscrew backflips through 3 tables.

Like I said, opinions are generated by facts. You have to know the facts, or your opinion is just your trained brain believing whatever you want it too and no amount of discussion will deter you from your stubborn thinking. The example I listed in the title is this.

I read a blog over the weekend. And there was a statement made in reference to Dolph Ziggler. It went something like this. "He is the full package. He's Ric Flair, Rick Rude, Shawn Michaels, and Mr Perfect all rolled into one.

I know I've been outspoken in the fact that I'm not a believer in Dolph, but seriously. The person made that statement and he probably didn't even flinch at it. He truly believes it and it's sad. It's sad and the reason it gets under my skin is because I've grown with wrestling, where as he most likely couldn't tell you two major events that happened in Rick Rude's career without looking it up on wikipedia. And he's going to blog and disrespect some great figures in the wrestling heritage like that.

Again, I apologize to those who like my blogs and read them each time I post. This isn't my usual good stuff more than it is a rant. Even the Zigglites, if they have any kind of history with wrestling like I do, have to read a statement like that and think, "What the hell is he talking about?" It does get under my skin and I rarely rant. I usually do very creative things and am very objective and entertaining in my blogs. So again, I do apologize for this rant. I know it won't stop anything, but I felt obliged.

Thanks for reading. Be safe and look for this week's Abdominal Stretch later on.

Submit "Can An Opinion Be Wrong?" to Digg Submit "Can An Opinion Be Wrong?" to del.icio.us Submit "Can An Opinion Be Wrong?" to StumbleUpon Submit "Can An Opinion Be Wrong?" to Google

Updated 03-20-2012 at 01:31 AM by Rated_R(ob)KO

Categories
Thoughts and Opinions

Comments

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    OUTDATED? REALLY? I haven't been watching WWE for that long, but I've been searching for DVD's and VHS of old ppv and matches, I have every Summerslam from 1987-2007, And I love the ones from the 80's, yeah, I've watched stuff from youtube from time to time. I'll take Ultimate Warrior vs. Rick Rude in a cage for the WWF Title over Rock vs. Cena, or even Rock vs. Stone Cold. Rant fight here though and I'm sorry, but you are labeling people here, no, Dolph isn't even close to Ric Flair, Rick Rude, Shawn Michaels, or Mr Perfect in look, wrestling, heat drawing, or even showing off, we are just saying that he is today's equivalent to those guys, because we have nothing else even close to matching up with such legends as them. And just in case he was being serious, in that case I agree with you...

BTW: I don't think you needed to say all of the Dolph thing in your blog, because you basicaly ripped a whole in the author in the comments section of his blog
    Updated 03-20-2012 at 02:16 AM by The Piper
    I love reading your blogs, purely because it's easy to tell that you are one very arrogant man. Are you trying to tell us that people who have youtube'd old matches shouldn't have an opinion? And if they do it's wrong because you don't share it? All I know is that every single blog you make you always take a little time to bash Dolph Ziggler and the people that believe in him. Yes it is your opinion that he may not be a main eventer.... and fair enough these are your blogs so you can write about whatever you see fit. But to you, your opinion of Dolph Ziggler is right and every single other person's is wrong. You laugh every time someone compares him to talent from the past. Who cares what other people think! An opinion isn't right or wrong, its a person's thought or viewpoint based on their emotional interpretation of the facts. Stop bashing people for theirs.

And for all the ppl that read this I can help sum up what this blog is all about.... Basically.... If you're under 20 years old and you couldn't watch wrestling in the 80's and 90's live.... then you don't deserve to have an opinion.... apparently.
    to the comments above, i dont think his saying you cant have an opinion until youve lived through it...its just its different to watching video tapes and youtube of old wrestling matches compared to watching 1 week then watching the next one a whole week later, you time to marinate within the events youve just watched and have an actuall feeling towards, whereas if you watching on youtube videos of different weeks and matches consecutively, you dont have the same experience as someone who lived through it...im 17 and i do all those you dont like (research on history and comment about it lol) while i am entitled to my opinion, i get that someone whos lived through it has much more right have an actuall personal opinion...dont know if i made sense but anyways that was a great blog.
    I don't think the time frame really matters in some cases. Like me, I love a lot of old wrestling. Hell I even enjoy some of WWF's darkest days from 93-96. Maybe that's just because I'm a history buff and I enjoy old things. But I've only been watching since mid 2000 and I have to say that I know what is better than what and can appreciate matches/wrestlers/etc from the past almost as much as you can. I think an opinion should only be taken with a grain of salt. Someone can sit here and tell you the Great Khali is the greatest wrestler in the world. Is he? HELL NO he isn't, but if that person wants to sit here and tell you that then cool, it's his opinion and he shouldn't be bashed for it.
    Dude no offense, but you are a dick. This was a very unneeded blog, and all you did was trash someone. You say you blogs are unbiased, yet you hate Ziggler and someone else's opinion is wrong because they dont agree with you. Which leads me into my next problem...you said you were not going to single anyone out, yet that is exactly what you did. Thanks for wasting the blog section with this asinine rant. Just because someone didn't live something does not mean that they can't have an opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzza_H16
    I love reading your blogs, purely because it's easy to tell that you are one very arrogant man. Are you trying to tell us that people who have youtube'd old matches shouldn't have an opinion? And if they do it's wrong because you don't share it? All I know is that every single blog you make you always take a little time to bash Dolph Ziggler and the people that believe in him. Yes it is your opinion that he may not be a main eventer.... and fair enough these are your blogs so you can write about whatever you see fit. But to you, your opinion of Dolph Ziggler is right and every single other person's is wrong. You laugh every time someone compares him to talent from the past. Who cares what other people think! An opinion isn't right or wrong, its a person's thought or viewpoint based on their emotional interpretation of the facts. Stop bashing people for theirs.

And for all the ppl that read this I can help sum up what this blog is all about.... Basically.... If you're under 20 years old and you couldn't watch wrestling in the 80's and 90's live.... then you don't deserve to have an opinion.... apparently.
    While you may be right in me being arrogant, perhaps too arrogant for my own good...I can't disagree more with what you said about people's opinions and my own. I'm not saying people can't have an opinion. Far from it. I'm only stating that some opinions are given blindly. Some people buy into today's wrestling so much, that they make opinions based on the "what have you done for me lately" mentality. Kind of like that agree to disagree sort of thing. Someone who's such a big fan of Dolph Ziggler will see him as having parts of Flair, Mr Perfect, and HBK in him. But I see him as a recycled Mr Ass...ironically enough, Mr Ass was basically a recycled HBK of his time.
    Quote Originally Posted by toobeastly33
    Dude no offense, but you are a dick. This was a very unneeded blog, and all you did was trash someone. You say you blogs are unbiased, yet you hate Ziggler and someone else's opinion is wrong because they dont agree with you. Which leads me into my next problem...you said you were not going to single anyone out, yet that is exactly what you did. Thanks for wasting the blog section with this asinine rant. Just because someone didn't live something does not mean that they can't have an opinion.
    Wow. No offense taken, I guess. And yes, I do see the err in my blogging ways on this one.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.