View RSS Feed

Cross

Former Champions Can Mean Nothing

Rate this Entry
Hey guys. Its been awhile since I blogged but let me get right into it and thank you for clicking my blog.

This thought occured to me where being a former champion can mean absolutely nothing. Let me give you an example. Jack Swagger, a former world champion, looses to a guy like Santino twice. His world championship reign doesn't credit him today. Why give someone a world championship reign if their just going to start jobbing. For example, the Miz. Sure he main evented Wrestlemania last year, but that does not matter now due to his losing streak.

Other examples of being a former champion can mean nothing today:

Drew Mcntyre.
Former IC and Tag Team Champion. Finally had to end his lossing streak by beating hornswoggle. Those credentials does not help him today.

Beth Phoenix
She is a former Womens Champion but for some reason that does not help her as Divas Champion today. She rarely appears on Raw and/or Smackdown. Messed up

The Great Khali
Should of never been a former world champion due to how incredibly boring his character is. You think a victory over this guy would be huge, but really, its not.

Ezekiel Jackson
Former IC and ECW Champion yet loses to Mark Henry in 2 minutes.

What is my point in all of this? When WWE gives someone a title, they need to make sure this character won't turn into a jobber within a couple of months or rarely appear. It takes away credibility from a championship if someone like the Miz who hasnt won in over a month was WWE Champion. Its not nessarily the superstars' faults, but WWE Creative Teams. It shows anyone, the future loser of losers or even a big winner, can get a title reign.

What Should WWE do now? Be careful who they give the titles to. The champions as of right now I think are fine, the tag champions and Beth Phoenix just need to be booked more and cut promos.

No way am I saying being a former 5 time world takes away credibility. I am just saying it possibly can due to who the person is and how they are used today.

Thank you for reading my blog I appreciate it. Please rate and comment in helping me become a better blogger. God bless and remember the Cross.

"I have been crucified with Christ, and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in this body, I live by the faith of the Son of God who loved me and gave himself for me."-Galatians 2:20

Submit "Former Champions Can Mean Nothing" to Digg Submit "Former Champions Can Mean Nothing" to del.icio.us Submit "Former Champions Can Mean Nothing" to StumbleUpon Submit "Former Champions Can Mean Nothing" to Google

Comments

You make a great point and it could probably be expanded on even more. Just as not holding a World title doesn't make you a bad wrestler, holding a World title doesn't necessarily make you a great wrestler either. In theory, if the case was that every World champion represented the greatest wrestlers of all time, we'd be saying that those that you listed above along with many others are better than the likes of Ted DiBiase, Roddy Piper, Greg Valentine, the list goes on. Good blog!
    Quote Originally Posted by LincolnHawk
    You make a great point and it could probably be expanded on even more. Just as not holding a World title doesn't make you a bad wrestler, holding a World title doesn't necessarily make you a great wrestler either. In theory, if the case was that every World champion represented the greatest wrestlers of all time, we'd be saying that those that you listed above along with many others are better than the likes of Ted DiBiase, Roddy Piper, Greg Valentine, the list goes on. Good blog!
    Thank you very much. I did not even think of how I could of expanded on it. Thank you for bringing those points up. It upsets me how world champions do not represent the greatest wrestlers of all time considering there were so many people like Roddy Piper, Ted DiBiase, and Greg Valentine who were absolutely amazing. I appreciate the input and expansion on the topic.

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.