View RSS Feed

Callum

Wrestlemania 28: The outcome of the streak

Rate this Entry

What’s happened so far…

On the January 30, 2012 episode of Raw, The Undertaker returned after a ten month hiatus to confront Triple H. The two men stared at each other before Undertaker set his attention on the Wrestlemania 28 marquee. Triple H responded by patting Undertaker on the shoulder before exiting the ring. On February 13, after Triple H refused the Undertaker's challenge for a Wrestlemania rematch, an Undertaker video appeared on the titantron. The video featured the Undertaker cutting his own hair with a straight razor before declaring vengeance would be his. After the Undertaker accused Triple H of living in the shadow of Shawn Michaels on the February 20 episode of Raw, Triple H accepted the challenge on the condition that it be a Hell in a Cell match. This time the Undertaker responded by patting Triple H on the shoulder before exiting the ring.

Triple H wins…

Is it a good idea…
Nope. Personally, I want Undertaker to win and that way the Undertaker will live on (once he retires) through the legacy of the streak. Also I think there would be quite a lot of angry fans (smarks) if the streak where to end.
Will it happen?
I doubt it unless Triple H uses his power to ensure he wins but I doubt he’ll do that and continuing the streak is good for business.
Chances of it happening…
7.5/10

The Undertaker wins…

Is it a good Idea…
Yes! The streak in my opinion should never end as it’s something that’ll never be beaten.
Will it happen?
Probably, Triple H beating the streak does nothing for him as he too is going to retire soon. If someone was to beat the streak then they’d have to be young and a candidate to be the future face of the company.
Chances of It happening…
9.6/10

Will Shawn screw Triple H?
Maybe, It would make sense. Triple H could be about to win only for HBK to hit SCM on him for jealousy reasons. It goes back to where HHH accepts the undertaker’s challenge only after Taker tells HHH that HBK’s better than him.

On the other hand, Shawn’s retired and him screwing HHH is not something that could be settled verbally. I expect Shawn to keep to his word (unlike Flair) and stay retired but I wouldn’t complain if Shawn was to have one more (Wrestlemania) match vs Triple H.

Shawn Michaels wins…

Is it a good idea…
(Shawn hits SCM on HHH and looks to be screwing him only for Shawn to turn around and hit SCM on the Undertaker He could then cover Triple H for the win (this way they could say that the Undertaker was never pinned and they have overruled Shawn’s win as he was never a scheduled participant in the match).This could set up Shawn Michaels vs Triple H vs The Undertaker Wrestlemania 29)
Sort of, It would come as a surprise and I could see it happening. But…
Will it happen?
… as I’ve already said Shawn’s retired and I don’t think he’ll come out of retirement to have one more match (at least not this soon after retiring) but I wouldn’t complain if it were to happen.
Chances of it happening…
4.5/10

Another thought…
When the Undertaker does retire they’ll probably release a dvd with all Undertakers Wrestlemania matches in full and Undertaker: The Wrestlemania streak 19-1 doesn’t sound like a realistic title whereas I can fully see and Undertaker: The Wrestlemania streak 20-0 sounds more likely.
(I’m not saying that the streak will be decide over a future dvd title but from a business standpoint it makes sense for the streak to continue.)

Thanks for reading and I look forward to the comments!

Submit "Wrestlemania 28: The outcome of the streak" to Digg Submit "Wrestlemania 28: The outcome of the streak" to del.icio.us Submit "Wrestlemania 28: The outcome of the streak" to StumbleUpon Submit "Wrestlemania 28: The outcome of the streak" to Google

Updated 03-18-2012 at 05:35 PM by Callum

Categories
Thoughts and Opinions

Comments

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    [QUOTE=nrb6304;bt56961]I don't think the Streak ends. Not this year against HHH. However, I could see it ending next year if UT makes it.
    HOWEVER, there is something I'd like to debate with what you said in your blog (great read mate). Triple H can't use his "power" in this situation. See, back in 1987 Vince McMahon THE most powerful man in wrestling had to ASK Andre The Giant if he'd job to Hulk Hogan. ASK if he would job to Hulk.

I assure you, I promise you, that The Undertaker is ASKED about who he will and will not wrestle, and job to. And for sure when it comes to Wrestlemania, he is ASKED. Not TOLD. There for, even if HHH WANTS to ends the streak, he won't be able to TELL Undertaker that it is ending, he's going to have to ASK him if he can end it. Undertaker is the locker room leader, no matter what. I remember reading in one person's autobiography that the first day in the company people were LINED up to shake his hand like he was the freaking president as soon as he walked into the door.

The streak ends when Undertaker says so, and if Undertaker wants to go 20-0, 19-1,20-1, it doesn't matter. Cause it'll end when HE says so[/QUOTE]

WHAT! your wrong trust me. Undertaker wanted the streak to end when he was facing Orton at Wrestlemania. The WWE craters decided no, end of debate man.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.