View RSS Feed

Itchypanda

Alternatives For WrestleMania Weekend!

Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average.
The Rock vs. Cena & HHH vs. Undertaker in Hell in a Cell are strong selling points for WWE's granddaddy PPV this year. I don't blame you if you order this. I will catch this on DVD eventually.

If you are like me, paying $60 for one event seems excessive, let me offer a great alternatives during that same weekend.

The iPPV is only $1.99. Why only $1.99? Well instead of me touting what a deal this is, here is the actual words from the promoter's newsletter:

Gabe Sapolsky:

"We don't have corporate suits with no idea about wrestling telling us what we can or can't do. There are no politics. We don't have to cater the masses by bringing in washed up names to try to get ratings. Really, we don't have to answer to anyone. We can put out the product we want with the interest of best serving you.

However, the negative is that it's tough to gain exposure and get new eyeballs on DGUSA and EVOLVE without the backing of a TV network and/or major sponsorship."

The BEST offer:

DRAGON GATE USA:

If you love high-flying, quick matches with some of the WWE's best future talent, I highly suggest you order the $1.99 iPPV on March 30, 2012: Open the Ultimate Gate 2012.

Pros: Great wrestling with young, rising talent. (Brodie Lee was recently signed by WWE/FCW); it will NOT interfere with WrestleMania because it will air the day before; for $1.99, you CANNNOT BEAT THIS PRICE.

Cons: You have to watch the iPPV on your computer. (Don't let this deter you, watch the event live and enjoy!); You don't know the wrestlers (true, but imagine that these are new characters that the WWE are introducing for the first time); You're already watching the ROH PPV (next blog I'll go into details, but mainly, this event is for one viewing only, so watch this and you can watch the ROH replay later, since you'll watch it through gofightlive.com)

Order at this link: http://www.wwnlive.com/event-dgusa-3-30-12.html

Here's the cardDragon Gate USA
Open the Ultimate Gate 2012
March 30, 2012
Belltime: 8pm EST
Miami Beach, FL

Price:
Live iPPV & Video on Demand $14.99 (meaning you can watch it live or wait until later to watch it on replay)
One Time Only Live Showing $1.99 (one time show only)

Attachment 1814

Main Event #1 – Open The United Gate Title Match
CIMA & Ricochet defend vs. Chuck Taylor & Rich Swann

Main Event #2 – First Time Ever Dream Match
Low Ki vs. PAC

Main Event #3
Masaaki Mochizuki vs. Akira Tozawa

Special Challenge Match
Masato Yoshino vs. Rich Swann

Stable Shootout Match #1 - Street Fight
Sabu & Jon Davis vs. Arik Cannon & Pinkie Sanchez

Stable Shootout Match #2 - Fox Picks Callihan's Opponent
Sami Callihan vs. BxB Hulk

Stable Shootout Match #3 - Callihan Picks Fox's Opponent
AR Fox vs. Uhaa Nation

Seriously, if you were one of those people who wondered where CM Punk and Daniel Bryan rose from, heard the fabled ladder match between Evan Bourne and Beth Phoenix (yes, this happened!), who CM Punk is referencing during his twitter tweets...it's the new independent wrestlers. You'll see them in WWE some day, but why wait to be a fan of them later when they are having some of their greatest matches now.

My next blog will be about ROH's weekend event: Showdown in the Sun...during the same weekend and why you should pick up the Dragon Gate USA events (the one listed above and their $15 Sunday show) AND the ROH events.

Submit "Alternatives For WrestleMania Weekend!" to Digg Submit "Alternatives For WrestleMania Weekend!" to del.icio.us Submit "Alternatives For WrestleMania Weekend!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Alternatives For WrestleMania Weekend!" to Google

Updated 03-18-2012 at 06:46 PM by Rated_R(ob)KO

Tags: cena, rock, wwe
Categories
Thoughts and Opinions , User News

Comments

I hate Dragons Gate.... I dont like it, The matches are not even that Great, I prefer ROH to it any day but that Lowki vs PAC match sounds freaking interesting. That might be worth 1.99 it self.
    Oh jeez. BUY THE PPV. ITS WRESTLEMANIA.
    @CMRYDER - With 2 kids, a wife and a mortgage, I have to be careful with the money I spend. I've been watching WrestleMania since my neighbor and his family invited me to see WrestleMania 2 live in Los Angeles as kid. I love when every WrestleMania comes around every year, but I can patiently wait for the DVD nowadays.

Johnny Gargano (the Dragon Gate champ) recently had his WWE tryout and Cena gave him good marks. Jon Davis and Sami Callihan are on the WWE's radar. Get the PPV to see them for yourself.
    Updated 03-19-2012 at 04:52 PM by Itchypanda

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.