View RSS Feed

bearkg88

Flash From The Past: Wrestlemania 21

Rate this Entry
Hey everyone. It is time for another edition of Flash From The Past. This time I am focusing on Wrestlemania 21, as I count down to the most recent Wrestlemania. Lets get ride into it shall we?

April 3, 2005
Staples Center-Los Angeles, California

Match 1
Rey Mysterio vs Eddie Guerrero

Match 2
Money In The Bank
Shelton Benjamin vs Edge vs Chris Jericho vs Chris Benoit vs Christian vs Kane

Match 3
The Undertaker vs Randy Orton

Match 4
Women's Championship
Trish Stratus(c) vs Christy Hemme

Match 5
Kurt Angle vs Shawn Michaels

Match 6
Sumo Match
Akebono vs The Big Show

Match 7
WWE Championship
John Cena vs JBL(c)

Match 8
World Heavyweight Championship
Batista vs HHH(c)

Matches Of The Night

Match 5
Kurt Angle vs Shawn Michaels

I have heard a few times people say this match was overrated. I don't think it was. The build up to this match was, in my opinion, really good. Involving HBKs former manager Sherri, and HBKs former tag partner Marty Jannetty, just really help fuel the fire between HBK and Angle. Granted I still think HBK should have pulled off the win, this was definitely a good match.

Match 3
The Undertaker vs Randy Orton

I really enjoyed this match and build up. Orton was starting to roll high with his Legend Killer gimmick, and everything leading up to this just made it great. I remember watching this match, and thinking for a brief second that Orton would actually walk away with the win. It cemented the Undertaker at 13 and 0, and in my opinion, just kept Randy Orton going in the right direction.

Match 2
Money in The Bank
Edge vs Chris Jericho vs Shelton Benjamin vs Christian vs Kane vs Chris Benoit

This was the first MITB match, and to me, one of the best if not the best MITB so far. You had the right mixture of guys to make this so memorable. It also helped propel Edge further by winning. It had the air of mystery of, when would he cash in. Plus it led to a great match between Edge and Benoit at Backlash. Definitely one of the best MITB matches.

Duds Of The Night

Match 4
Women's Championship
Trish Stratus(c) vs Christy Hemme

I have never been a fan of Hemme as an in ring performer. I would have much rather see Lita face Trish at this event, or even any other Diva who could have put on a stellar match with Trish. To me this was just a waste of space.

Match 6
Sumo Match
Akebono vs The Big Show

This has dud written all over it. Not so much for the Big Show aspect, but the sumo aspect and having Akebono. Prior to this I had never heard of this guy, and since then..guess what, I haven't heard of this guy. Big Show to me was mis-utilized here and this was just a flat out stupid match.

Shocker Of The Night
Hulk Hogan coming to the rescue of Eugene from an attack of Muhamma Hassan

Show Stealer Of The Night
Shawn Michaels vs Kurt Angle

Well everyone, this brings to a close another edition of Flash From The Past. Keep your eyes out in the next 2 weeks, as I will be wrapping up with the remaining Wrestlemanias as we draw closer to Wrestlemania 28

Submit "Flash From The Past: Wrestlemania 21" to Digg Submit "Flash From The Past: Wrestlemania 21" to del.icio.us Submit "Flash From The Past: Wrestlemania 21" to StumbleUpon Submit "Flash From The Past: Wrestlemania 21" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

That was a gud WM...esp HBK vs Kurt was a gr8 match...I would have enjoyed it more if the ending was other way out..still an EPIC match!!

Taker Vs Orton was a gud match...which has cemented him as a Super Heel!!

MITB is the best match of the night n perhaps the BEST MITB match till date..n it gave WWE one of their gr8est HEEL of this ERA...EDGE!!!

Till date..when ever I read MITB...the only thing comes into my mind is THE DESPERATE LOOK on the face of EDGE when he won MITB!!!

I really miss edge....
    No HBK had to lose that match, because if you look at the entire card
    Rey vs. Eddie(tweener)? Rey (face)
    MiTB Edge(heel)
    UT(face) vs. RKO(heel)? UT (face)
    Cena vs. JBL(heel)? Cena(face)
    Batista vs. HHH(heel)? Batista(face)
    Trish(face) vs. Hemme(???)? Trish (face)

Point being, that faces were going over all night, they needed a heel to win, and besides Edge, the only other heel that won? Kurt Angle. Besides from 2005-2010 HBK didn't NEED to win matches, hell he lost the majority of them. But he could do so cause every match of his was GREAT and he could lose without losing his steam or his heat.
    very good must point out that lita had a knee injury so couldnt compete anyway,akebono was brought into increase buy rates in japan i heard and angle making hbk tap was shawns idea he said so in his book
    There is absolutely no need for hBK to win any match at this phase of his career....but, I as a fan of HBK wanted him to win...nevertheless...I'm a huge fan of Kurt also...so had no probs..but for nostalgia sake I wanted HBK to win..that's it!!!
    This was a great Wrestlemania in my opinion, and if the main events were as good as the undercard then this could have gone down as one of the greatest Wrestlemania's off all time. Nice read man
    I've seen quite a few WM, and 21 shined for me, it was the first WM I ever saw, and It's still a winner in my book.

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.