View RSS Feed

ozfan

OO: Ozfan's Opinion - Top Wrestling Matches of WrestleMania Part 1

Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Hey everyone. Ozfan is back with another opinion and this time, I am going to talk about The Top Match of every individual WrestleMania event.

[B]WrestleMania I - Hulk Hogan and Mr. T vs. Rowdy Roddy Piper and Mr. Wonderful Paul Orndorff [/B]
The very first WrestleMania event. Held in Madision Square Garden. Cowboy Bob Orton was managin Piper and Orndorff. Boxing Legend Muhammad Ali was the Special Referee. The finish came when Orton hit Orndorff by accident which led to Hogan pinning him for the win.

[B]WrestleMania II - WWF vs. NFL 20 Man Battle Royal [/B]
This match was great. I was gonna pick Hulk vs. Bundy but I thought this match, with future legends, Hall of Famers and World Champions would take the cake. The match featured NFL greats like William The Refrigerator Perry, the late Ernie Holmes and the late Harvet Martin. The match was won by Andre The Giant after he last eliminated Bret Hart.

[B]WrestleMania III - Hulk Hogan vs. Andre The Giant for the World Wrestling Federation Heavyweight Championship [/B]
Okay, this was a no contest. Hogan and Andre was 15 years in the making. Andre wanted a title shot and turned on Hulk during Piper's Pit. The Irresistible Force meets The Immovable Object. Bobby The Brain Heenan was Andre's manager at the time. Andre nearly pinned Hogan by accident during the match and broke kayfabe by signalling that it was a two count. Hogan came back though, even knocking Andre off his feet. He then amazingly body slammed him in the middle of the ring, which was then known as "the body slam that was heard worldwide". Hogan hit the leg drop and pinned Andre for the win. This gave Andre his very first loss in 15 years.

[B]WrestleMania IV - Macho Man Randy Savage vs. The Million Dollar Man Ted DiBiase for the vacant World Wrestling Federation Championship[/B]
This match was the finals in a 14 man tournament to crown a new World Champion. The title had been vacated after Ted DiBiase tried to buy the title off Andre The Giant, seconds after he had won it off Hulk Hogan, ending the Hulkster's 4 year reign. After dodging the Savage Elbow, locking in the Million Dollar Dream and with Andre's interference, DiBiase still could not win the big one. Hulk got payback on DiBiase by neutralizing Andre's presence and hitting DiBiase with a steel chair, which allowed Savage to hit the Savage Elbow Drop and win the WWF Title for the first time.

[B]WrestleMania V - Macho Man Randy Savage vs. Hulk Hogan for the World Wrestling Federation Championship [/B]
This feud began after Hogan was attacked by The Twin Towers and was helped to the back by Miss Elizabeth. Savage later turned heel by slapping Hogan and abandoning him. Savage missed the elbow drop during the match. Hogan tried to ram Savage into the ring post but was stopped by Elizabeth, who was then sent backstage. Savage took advantage and rammed Hogan into the post and hit a quick Savage Elbow but Hogan kicked out. Hogan "hulked up" and hit the big boot followed by a quick atomic leg drop for the pinfall and the title.

Submit "OO: Ozfan's Opinion - Top Wrestling Matches of WrestleMania Part 1" to Digg Submit "OO: Ozfan's Opinion - Top Wrestling Matches of WrestleMania Part 1" to del.icio.us Submit "OO: Ozfan's Opinion - Top Wrestling Matches of WrestleMania Part 1" to StumbleUpon Submit "OO: Ozfan's Opinion - Top Wrestling Matches of WrestleMania Part 1" to Google

Comments

this is the best you could come up with?
    HI..I have started a small blog/news facebook page..please come and have a look..looking to discuss and share thoughts etc....Please hit like if you do...
    No bad stuff and no negative vibes man...
    http://www.facebook.com/WweNewsReviews
    Hard to pick the first 5 because you had a ton of matches and a small amount of time. WM 2, I'd go with Piper/Mr.T boxing match. It wasn't the greatest match by any means, but it had one of my favorite moments in the history of Wrestlemania. Piper slamming Mr.T instead of allowing him to beat him clean. Fans were chanting for the Hot Rod.

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.