View RSS Feed

The cutter

Thought from the Old Skool Vol. 3

Rate this Entry
I'm back with another addition of Thoughts from the Old School. It's been awhile since my last blog my Predictions blog was kind of a flop but oh well. This addition I will looking at my Top 5 wrestling matches now this includes gimmick matches and straight up wrestling matches. Should I be doing a blog about Wrestlemania 28? NO! because none of the matches really interest me.

5. Tower Of Doom Great American Bash 1988
I remember sitting in my family room watching this match and I could not speak my jaw was to the floor. Two teams of five starting at the top then working there way down. The story line was this: Kevin Sullivan had a match with Ron Garvin which Ron garvin won but not without consequences Kevin Sullivan threw a fireball in Ron Garvins eyes. This brought out Jimmy Garvin to help his brother. So then Kevin Sullivan kidnaps Precious who at the time was with Jimmy Garvin. So they set up this Tower of Doom match the winner gets Precious in the end Jimmy Garvin ends up getting Precious back. Team One: Jimmy Garvin, Dr. Death Steve Williams, Animal, Hawk, and Ron Garvin. Team Two: Kevin Sullivan, Mike Rotundo, Al Perez, The Russian Assassin and Ivan Koloff.

4. Magnum T.A. vs Nikita Koloff Best of 7 series for the U.S. Championship
Back when I was ten this was my favorite match. I have the VHS tapes of this series. To this day this match is still up there as my favorite. This match did two things put Nikita Koloff on the map as a contender to the US title (which he eventually wins) and made Magnum T.A. a threat to Ric Flairs title. If Magnum T.A. didn't get in that car crash in North Carolina Magnum T.A. would have a World Champion several times over. Great match between these two mat wrestlers. It's on you tube sit back and watch great wrestling at it's finest.

3. Ric Flair vs Ricky Steamboat 2 out of 3 falls for the World Title
This is another great match between two great Legends. In the end Ricky Steamboat regains the World Title again with a little controversy. Ricky Steamboat had Ric Flair in the double arm chicken wing. Ricky Steamboats leg buckled and both mens shoulders where on the mat. At the last second Ricky Steamboat gets his shoulder up to retain.

2. Randy Savage vs. Ricky Steamboat Wrestlemania 3 for the Intercontinental Championship
Not only was this great wrestling but it also ahad great commentary with Gorilla Monsoon and Jessie Ventura. You say Jim Ross is the best in the business well listen to these two call the match. These guys were a pair. I wouldn't say this was a passing of the torch but Randy Savage would later become a good guy and go on to bigger and better things. I think many would agree Ricky Steamboat should've had a run with the title in the WWF.

1. Ric Flair vs Harley Race for the NWA world title
The greatest match by far always and will be Nuff said!

Well that's it! This my top 5 matches. I look forward to the comments. I know I left alot of good matches out but these are the ones that standout. Many of you have your favs. Remember many of the wrestlers today wouldn't be here if it wasn't for the old school.

Submit "Thought from the Old Skool Vol. 3" to Digg Submit "Thought from the Old Skool Vol. 3" to del.icio.us Submit "Thought from the Old Skool Vol. 3" to StumbleUpon Submit "Thought from the Old Skool Vol. 3" to Google

Comments

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.