View RSS Feed

jginger

The Rock vs John Cena; More then just a match.

Rating: 2 votes, 3.50 average.
So we ALL know it’s going to happen, the video packages, the satellite promo’s, the live promos everything. It seems like most of raw is used to hype up The Rock vs John Cena match at Wrestlemania, which to me… is fair enough. However, as a fan of WWE and TNA, does this match really deserve all the hype it’s getting? Yes. Yes it does.

I come from England, and live in Newcastle. Now over here football is a HUGE thing. Literally some people follow football as much as they do religion, which is fair enough because I love it. Now not that long ago my team, Newcastle, had a derby.

A derby is possibly the biggest match of the season. Since usually when you live in an area like the north east the fans will be split. Which means you’ll have friends that support Sunderland (Newcastle’s rivals) and fans the support Newcastle. Now whoever loses gets unreal amounts of grief and gets teased until the next encounter.

Now, this is what The Rock vs John Cena means to me. I think WWE is pretty bad right now; however I’ll still watch it. I was born in 1995, and started watching wrestling when it was in the attitude era. So hated or not, I’m an attitude error “Mark” which also means I’m an attitude error fan. The attitude era in my opinion is the greatest television I’ve ever seen and I still watch video tapes that I recorded from that day.

Now, in my house I have a younger brother. He just happen to start watching WWE in the era of John Cena, p.g. etc etc. So obviously he is a huge fan of John Cena. So like Newcastle and Sunderland, The Rock and John Cena are similar to the two teams. In my opinion it’s more than just a match; it’s a derby… winner receiving all bragging rights.

Now I’m new to this whole blogging thing, so I hope you understood what I was getting at.
Thanks for reading.So we ALL know it’s going to happen, the video packages, the satellite promo’s, the live promos everything. It seems like most of raw is used to hype up The Rock vs John Cena match at Wrestlemania, which to me… is fair enough. However, as a fan of WWE and TNA, does this match really deserve all the hype it’s getting? Yes. Yes it does.

I come from England, and live in Newcastle. Now over here football is a HUGE thing. Literally some people follow football as much as they do religion, which is fair enough because I love it. Now not that long ago my team, Newcastle, had a derby.

A derby is possibly the biggest match of the season. Since usually when you live in an area like the north east the fans will be split. Which means you’ll have friends that support Sunderland (Newcastle’s rivals) and fans the support Newcastle. Now whoever loses gets unreal amounts of grief and gets teased until the next encounter.

Now, this is what The Rock vs John Cena means to me. I think WWE is pretty bad right now; however I’ll still watch it. I was born in 1995, and started watching wrestling when it was in the attitude era. So hated or not, I’m an attitude error “Mark” which also means I’m an attitude error fan. The attitude era in my opinion is the greatest television I’ve ever seen and I still watch video tapes that I recorded from that day.

Now, in my house I have a younger brother. He just happen to start watching WWE in the era of John Cena, p.g. etc etc. So obviously he is a huge fan of John Cena. So like Newcastle and Sunderland, The Rock and John Cena are similar to the two teams. In my opinion it’s more than just a match; it’s a derby… winner receiving all bragging rights.

Now I’m new to this whole blogging thing, so I hope you understood what I was getting at.
Thanks for reading.

Submit "The Rock vs John Cena; More then just a match." to Digg Submit "The Rock vs John Cena; More then just a match." to del.icio.us Submit "The Rock vs John Cena; More then just a match." to StumbleUpon Submit "The Rock vs John Cena; More then just a match." to Google

Comments

A little constructive criticism for you, don't repeat your whole blog in the same blog, that will help. Also, even though I got your point, you should expand on your topic instead of your background (even though it helped to see where your coming from your point of view).
    Why must everyone be a English teacher when people write what's on their minds. I mean really come on now. Unless he's your student and your his teacher then please. I mean really Please SHUT THE HELL UP.

It was a good article sir, and I thank you for you thoughts.

Doc
    good insight i guess...and north london derby is what i would compare the rock/cena feud, tyne wear derby isnt big enough lol i kidd, but yh why did you repeat the exact same blog again....was that a mistake ?
    Well, because it's your first time it was OK, since your giving your point of view. The more blogs you do the better you would get. Their is one question that is still bothering me..oh yeah why the hell did you repeat your blog? The question that I find more weird is how can Frank approve it?

Anyway just edit it!
    lol, my guess is you typed the whole thing up in word then posted twice by accident. Either way, nice write up. It's nice to see how people on different sides of the globe and internationally see the WWE product and wrestling as a whole. I guess a true battle of generational superstars would be as epic as a derby. Hope no one in your house gets trampled after either of them wins like in international soccer games.

my biggest comment would be about what's at stake. I don't think Rock needs bragging rights. He's lost to people and put them over easily and any aspirations for a wrestling legacy have been long achieved. I do think Cena personally needs to win to cement any hope of a legacy and capstone his impact on the "Sports Entertainment Superstar" era.

Good blog bro. Keep it up.

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.