View RSS Feed

TheGreatOne

Why do some wrestling fans not like John Cena?

Rating: 3 votes, 4.00 average.
After reading a blog by a Cena fan.....I don't believe he truly understood why fans are tired of Cena. I'm not a Cena hater nor do I want to be called that in any way. I supported Cena through his rap days to Raw Summer of 2007 or probably before than. I was tired of him being on top. I was ready for guys like Orton and others to be world champion. Never really had a different gimmick either despite what some people may say.

Why are people tired of Cena?

1.Cena's promos are virtually the same thing you hear all the time. He will fight for the fans, hustle loyalty respect, and so on. His Rock promos are something to look forward to in my opinion.

2.Cena's matches in the ring end in the same way every time. He starts out losing the match and ends up coming back with his shoulder blocks, 5 knuckle shuffle, and attitude adjustment. Same moves people are tired of seeing.

Can Cena win his fans back? People get tired of seeing the same thing. They root for guys who are entertaining. Not always the case rooting for the best wrestler. Why is Punk and Ryder well liked by fans? Punk speaks his mind and Ryder entertained the WWE Universe with his webshow for a year. Cena was once loved by a great majority of wrestling fans. Now he doesn't receive that much love. Why is that? Tired of the same old gimmick fighting for us. They want Cena to have an attitude. They want Cena to change like every other wrestler has to change up his gimmick or his look over the years.

It isn't like he is the only guy who has been hated while being a face. Rock, Hogan, HHH, Austin, and so on had to change over the years to receive love from wrestling fans. It didn't happen over night. Hogan was the biggest face in wrestling in the 80s. 90s came around and people started booing him because they were sick of the gimmick. Goes to WCW and turns heel while still entertaining those same wrestling fans. HHH was like a clean cut kind of guy who dressed nicely and had an accent in his voice. He changed into being himself more joking when he was in DX. Eventually evolved into being the game we know today. Everyone has to refresh their look/gimmicks or the fans will turn on you because they arn't behind you like they used to be because they are sick of the same old stuff.

Cena's rap gimmick is what helped him become a main eventer because he was different. Everyone tuned in to hear his rap because they were very good hearing what he had to say to his opponents. Now he seems watered down into a guy who really doesn't have a gimmick. Just a guy who fights for the people sort of guy for the past 5+ years. People are sick of the same old stuff which is why they would like to see other guys rather than him. Everyone in the wrestling business has had to change at some point. If he doesn't, he will continue to be booed by several wrestling fans.

Cena says I'm going to continue to be who I am. He isn't going to change for anyone? Wrestling fans pay to see you John. You arn't an exception. Undertaker, Mankind, Rock, Hogan, Austin, and so on have changed a lot during their careers to be successful. That is why they receive so much respect from us wrestling fans today. What is best for the business? Look how much wrestling evolved when changes occured. WCW nearly killed WWF with Hogan's heel turn. Rock/Austin heel/face turns put WWF back on top in the Monday Night Wars which eventually killed WCW. What is happening now? People arn't tuning in for Wrestlemania season with guys like Rock, HBK, HHH, Taker, and Cena all on the same show. I think something should be changed soon.

Submit "Why do some wrestling fans not like John Cena?" to Digg Submit "Why do some wrestling fans not like John Cena?" to del.icio.us Submit "Why do some wrestling fans not like John Cena?" to StumbleUpon Submit "Why do some wrestling fans not like John Cena?" to Google

Updated 03-10-2012 at 06:57 PM by TheGreatOne

Tags: john cena, wwe
Categories
Thoughts and Opinions

Comments

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ShaunieB
    One example is that all there is?
    I can give you more examples if you want. Like his promos towards CM Punk during their contract signing, his promos with Triple H, The Miz, Edge, etc. My examples would go on for days, really.

And wasn't that a goodbye and then he was back the very next week so if anything it was a massively pointless promo!
    Notice how you say its a pointless promo because of him returning the very next week, overlooking the point as to how Cena cut the promo. So yeah, thanks for proving my point.

John Cena has never been consistent on the mic and the fact that you have to go that far back to where Cena was saying goodbye sort of proves my point really
    I don't understand how it proves your point when the point of me showing you that promo was to show you how Cena has been cutting promos like that BEFORE his feud with The Rock.
    Updated 03-11-2012 at 01:49 PM by Dubs
    I don't understand how it proves your point when the point of me showing you that promo was to show you how Cena has been cutting promos like that BEFORE his feud with The Rock.[/QUOTE]

LOL this ShaunieB guy needs to give up, some weak arguments...
    I'm not saying Cena can't cut a good promo but he doesn't do it week in week out on a CONSISTENT level and for a guy who's in the title picture 90% of the time that's weak....if Cena was able to bring the type of passion he has shown with he Rock then he might be able to connect with fans much more and not get booed out of the majority of arenas he's in
    Quote Originally Posted by ShaunieB
    I'm not saying Cena can't cut a good promo but he doesn't do it week in week out on a CONSISTENT level and for a guy who's in the title picture 90% of the time that's weak....if Cena was able to bring the type of passion he has shown with he Rock then he might be able to connect with fans much more and not get booed out of the majority of arenas he's in
    Who was truly cutting great promos while Cena was cutting these supposed same old stuff? No one has been able to cut a great promo in the last few years. Yes there were some good promo cutters but the 'E heading in the direction they were meant that every guy out there was restricted in cutting their promos. Before that the rapper gimmick promos were great, Cena knows what he is doing on the mic. He would have thrived n the attitude era with his mic skills because he could cut real promos. Ever since Punks shoot promo Cena's have been getting a little more edge to them as well.
    Agreed great blog its a pity there is so many ass-kissing cena fans making comments saying he hasnt been doing the same old crap for many years now.
    Updated 03-12-2012 at 02:36 AM by Theicon
    How would you even know hes breaking kayfabe what are you on the creative team dubs??...... shakes head!
    [QUOTE=DUBS;bt56578]Tell me how Cena is doing the same exact thing. He is becoming more edgy in his promos and breaking kayfabe. Hell, hes not even in the WWE Title picture right now. Hes changed a lot and yet, people still criticize him for doing the same thing. Don't understand.[/QUOTE]
    First of gr8 BLOG!!!

Cena is on n off on promo...he does not maintain the consistency...I wud never say that he can't cut a gud promo...he can cut gud promos....when ever HE WANTS or HE IS ALLOWED....but that is not happeninf on regular basis...his promos were gud with Punk n now with The Rock....but, very weak before that....he looked very weak when he feuded with EDGE...

A person in world title should either have gr8 ring skills like Bret (who was weak at promos) or should be a gr8 talker like Austin/Rock (not so gr8 in ring)..there r some rare breed who have both like HBK/Y2J

Now in these three categories..where does Cena stand??

Changing from rapper to Marine was liking giving him a new dimension...but as a patriot also, he can give many gud promos...but he's not able to deliver...probably he's playing someone which he is not competent at...
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.