View RSS Feed

TheGreatOne

Why do some wrestling fans not like John Cena?

Rating: 3 votes, 4.00 average.
After reading a blog by a Cena fan.....I don't believe he truly understood why fans are tired of Cena. I'm not a Cena hater nor do I want to be called that in any way. I supported Cena through his rap days to Raw Summer of 2007 or probably before than. I was tired of him being on top. I was ready for guys like Orton and others to be world champion. Never really had a different gimmick either despite what some people may say.

Why are people tired of Cena?

1.Cena's promos are virtually the same thing you hear all the time. He will fight for the fans, hustle loyalty respect, and so on. His Rock promos are something to look forward to in my opinion.

2.Cena's matches in the ring end in the same way every time. He starts out losing the match and ends up coming back with his shoulder blocks, 5 knuckle shuffle, and attitude adjustment. Same moves people are tired of seeing.

Can Cena win his fans back? People get tired of seeing the same thing. They root for guys who are entertaining. Not always the case rooting for the best wrestler. Why is Punk and Ryder well liked by fans? Punk speaks his mind and Ryder entertained the WWE Universe with his webshow for a year. Cena was once loved by a great majority of wrestling fans. Now he doesn't receive that much love. Why is that? Tired of the same old gimmick fighting for us. They want Cena to have an attitude. They want Cena to change like every other wrestler has to change up his gimmick or his look over the years.

It isn't like he is the only guy who has been hated while being a face. Rock, Hogan, HHH, Austin, and so on had to change over the years to receive love from wrestling fans. It didn't happen over night. Hogan was the biggest face in wrestling in the 80s. 90s came around and people started booing him because they were sick of the gimmick. Goes to WCW and turns heel while still entertaining those same wrestling fans. HHH was like a clean cut kind of guy who dressed nicely and had an accent in his voice. He changed into being himself more joking when he was in DX. Eventually evolved into being the game we know today. Everyone has to refresh their look/gimmicks or the fans will turn on you because they arn't behind you like they used to be because they are sick of the same old stuff.

Cena's rap gimmick is what helped him become a main eventer because he was different. Everyone tuned in to hear his rap because they were very good hearing what he had to say to his opponents. Now he seems watered down into a guy who really doesn't have a gimmick. Just a guy who fights for the people sort of guy for the past 5+ years. People are sick of the same old stuff which is why they would like to see other guys rather than him. Everyone in the wrestling business has had to change at some point. If he doesn't, he will continue to be booed by several wrestling fans.

Cena says I'm going to continue to be who I am. He isn't going to change for anyone? Wrestling fans pay to see you John. You arn't an exception. Undertaker, Mankind, Rock, Hogan, Austin, and so on have changed a lot during their careers to be successful. That is why they receive so much respect from us wrestling fans today. What is best for the business? Look how much wrestling evolved when changes occured. WCW nearly killed WWF with Hogan's heel turn. Rock/Austin heel/face turns put WWF back on top in the Monday Night Wars which eventually killed WCW. What is happening now? People arn't tuning in for Wrestlemania season with guys like Rock, HBK, HHH, Taker, and Cena all on the same show. I think something should be changed soon.

Submit "Why do some wrestling fans not like John Cena?" to Digg Submit "Why do some wrestling fans not like John Cena?" to del.icio.us Submit "Why do some wrestling fans not like John Cena?" to StumbleUpon Submit "Why do some wrestling fans not like John Cena?" to Google

Updated 03-10-2012 at 06:57 PM by TheGreatOne

Tags: john cena, wwe
Categories
Thoughts and Opinions

Comments

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    I definitely see your point. But those dry promos were like from 2008-11. I think now he's at the top of his game. The rapper gimmick and chaingang was his best eras as well. But he lost that spunk big time when the marine came out. Once they turned cena into a patriot it was over. But what he's doing with the rock seems like the real Cena. He seems natural and i feel his career will only go up ftom here as long as they find new guys to compete for the title.

Great blog
    Tell me how Cena is doing the same exact thing. He is becoming more edgy in his promos and breaking kayfabe. Hell, hes not even in the WWE Title picture right now. Hes changed a lot and yet, people still criticize him for doing the same thing. Don't understand.
    nothing i havent read before but well put blog at least...
    It's starting to annoy me how people seem to think that Cena doing promos for 2 weeks mean that he's great at promo....what about the years before that. Cena should've been giving these types of promos his entire career and not just against the Rock...not to mention Cena's promos against the Rock whilst being good are also quite contradictory.

The same moves are greatly annoying as well just because now they don't always mean the end of the match he might make his comeback hit his move sequence only for his opponent to get out of the AA and then we see Cena hit the same moves 5 minutes later!!
    For me, he's starting to become likeable. It's like he's growing up on TV. If he's going to stay that way after Wrestlemania, who knows... but right now he's miles ahead of where he was before the Rock came in. The Rock didn't make him or pass the torch or anything, Cena lit his own torch. He rose to the occasion.
    Quote Originally Posted by ShaunieB
    It's starting to annoy me how people seem to think that Cena doing promos for 2 weeks mean that he's great at promo....what about the years before that. Cena should've been giving these types of promos his entire career and not just against the Rock...not to mention Cena's promos against the Rock whilst being good are also quite contradictory.
    Um, Cena has been cutting great promos before his feud with The Rock so not understanding your point here. We are talking about a guy that made his "Farewell WWE" kayfabe speech seem as if he was actually leaving the WWE. Here's that promo if you don't know what I'm talking about:

The same moves are greatly annoying as well just because now they don't always mean the end of the match he might make his comeback hit his move sequence only for his opponent to get out of the AA and then we see Cena hit the same moves 5 minutes later!!
    The Rock and Hogan did that as well but nobody seems to be annoyed with them.
    One example is that all there is? And wasn't that a goodbye and then he was back the very next week so if anything it was a massively pointless promo! John Cena has never been consistent on the mic and the fact that you have to go that far back to where Cena was saying goodbye sort of proves my point really
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.