View RSS Feed

Vondraco

WWE/TNA: Good Guys and Bad Guys

Rate this Entry
I'm just going to comment here on the whole good guy /bad guy dynamic that's working out in WWE and TNA, because I think it's fascinating.

WWE

Main event material, you have CM Puk v John Cena. Again. Punk solidified himself as a bad guy on the 8/20 Raw with his attack on Lawler. People are still cheering him though. What does this mean?

Predictions. Punk will lose the title to Cena. Cena will overcome multiple challenges by Punk, until Punk becomes irrelevant. Cena will go on to the next super contender. (I think they may be grooming Ryback, don't hate me for saying that.) Punk will go back to midcard (did he ever really leave?) Sadness for wrestling fans the world over.

People may dislike my suggesting that Punk has always been a midcarder. I do not say this on the basis of his abilities, but on the basis of WWE booking. He hasn't been main event for ... a long time. Cena must have some good lung power.

WWE has had some decent blurring of the line between good guy and bad guy ... but with the events of the 8/20 RAW, casting Punk as a "good guy" is untenable.

TNA

Aries beat Roode, great Now we have the Aces and Eight's faction as the big bad guy that even the 'bad guys' are worried about (eg. Bully Ray who, by some tallys, is a fan favorite). Unless they have some super-guy as the leader, this is going to fall short, I think. They've built this up over several weeks and they need to deliver big time. Make up for the Claire Lynch debacle.

Who ARE these guys? Don't look at it from an informed internet fan, but from a regular TV fan ... you have no idea. Even the informed internet fans can be surprised. They're all wearing masks, could they switch out people at a moment's notice? Duh, YEAH! If you think you know who they are ... you could be wrong.

Some have compared this to the Nexus. I think they're wrong in that comparison. Why? In the Nexus, we knew who they were. We knew their motivations. With A&8's, we don' t know anything. THAT is what makes TNA better right now with their storylines.

DISCLAIMER: I watch both WWE and TNA, I love pro wrestling in general. I think that I see the weaknesses and strengths in all brands. I watched ROH until it got pulled from my cable. I've been watching since before WM1, so belly up kids.

Submit "WWE/TNA: Good Guys and Bad Guys" to Digg Submit "WWE/TNA: Good Guys and Bad Guys" to del.icio.us Submit "WWE/TNA: Good Guys and Bad Guys" to StumbleUpon Submit "WWE/TNA: Good Guys and Bad Guys" to Google

Updated 08-21-2012 at 12:36 AM by Frank

Categories
Thoughts and Opinions

Comments

i thought i was the only one noticing this about punk and the aces and eights good spotting skills and fun blog i hope you keep doing these good guy/bad guy dynamic things
    "Main event material, you have CM Puk v John Cena. Again. Punk solidified himself as a bad guy on the 8/20 Raw with his attack on Lawler. People are still cheering him though. What does this mean?"

That heels are more over than faces. It is just the nature of a lot of fans and has been that way to my memory since people were cheering for the NWO. These wrestling fans seem to hate faces and even Punk was getting a lot of complaints about being stale for being a face. I also feel this is why everyone begs for Cena to become heel. It is probably more so a reflectiong of a way of personal thinking than an issue within wrestling itself.

I personally don't like Punk. Overrated unoriginal wrestling skills. On the microphone his greatest strength is shooting. He is a huge hypocrite irl and as a character he was just as bad imo.

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.