View RSS Feed

T-Hughes35

The Top 5 Wrestlemania Matches That Never Happened

Rating: 3 votes, 4.00 average.
What's up www.ewrestlingnews.com community?

It's been a while since I've done this. I've been working long hours.

But anyway, I think it's time for another "Top 5".
In honor of WrestleMania season, I think I should give my "Top 5 WrestleMania Matches That Never Happened". So, let's begin.

05: Undertaker vs. Kurt Angle at WrestleMania 22
This match was originally mapped out as the match that was going to end The Undertaker's undefeated streak. But then, The Powers That Be (meaning WWE not Russo and Ferarra) just decided to put Mark Henry in his place, and make it a casket match. The streak almost ended, but thankfully, it didn't.

04: Hulk Hogan vs. Bret "The Hitman" Hart at WrestleMania IX
Fact of life, this match would have made millions (of both fans and dollars)!
This is one of two matches on my list where an ending couldn't be decided. That really stinks because this is one of the dream matches, especially at that time, that every wrestling fan wanted to see. It's also one of the dumbest business decisions that World Championship Wrestling made. NOT HAVING THIS MATCH! I mean, they had a perfect chance to draw millions of dollars (or Big Box Office draw as Bret referred to it as) I mean, if it didn't happened at WrestleMania IX, it should have happened at Starrcade '98 but it didn't. We can only dream about it now.

03: Bret "The Hitman" Hart vs. Kurt Angle at WrestleMania XIX
Now, the only reason that this match never happened and never will happen is because of Bret's stroke. If that didn't happen, then WWE says that this was supposed to be the headline of that particular PPV. But instead, we get Hogan-McMahon (which was a pretty good match don't get me wrong) but Hart-Angle would have been a classic.

02: Undertaker vs. Sting at WrestleMania XXVII
All I have to say about this one is, DANGIT WE WERE SOO CLOSE!!! There are two people that we have to blame this on, Vince McMahon, and Steve Borden himself. I mean, come on Stinger, we wanted to see you in WWE. No matter how you were used. Even if it was just a handshake agreement, we wanted this! That match at Victory Road last year should have told you something. Please Come Up North! It's where you belong. You don't have to become a John Cena and agree with everything Vince says. Listen to the chants Steve: "We Want Stinger (Clap, Clap, Clap, Clap, Clap)" this match would have been one of the Top 5 biggest Mania Matches of all-time, and believe me when I say, that if anyone is caliber or worthy of ending The Undertaker's streak, it's The Stinger.
IT'S SHOWTIME!
(For My Number One Pick That Is)

01: Hollywood Hogan vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin at WrestleMania X8
If you're a die-hard wrestling fan, (tell me if you think different) this is your number one dream match. We almost had it at Toronto in 2002. This would have been ideal, especially coming of of the Monday Night Wars and The Invasion Angle. It would have been a real war. IF ONLY THESE TWO EGOMANIACS COULD AGREE ON A FINISH DANGIT! I mean, if I made a compromise, I'd say, have Hollywood Hogan vs. Austin at WM X8 and have Hulk Hogan vs. Austin at SummerSlam '02. Both matches would have different winners. That is what someone should have said when a finish could not be decided. As good of a match as Hogan-Rock was, Hogan-Austin would probably have overtaken Hulk-Andre as the "Best WrestleMania Match Of All-Time" It's A Darn Shame.

Well, those are my thoughts and my latest Top 5 list.
Let me know your thoughts, and I'm going to try and do this at least once a week.
Follow me on Twitter @T_Hughes35
PEACE!!!

Submit "The Top 5 Wrestlemania Matches That Never Happened" to Digg Submit "The Top 5 Wrestlemania Matches That Never Happened" to del.icio.us Submit "The Top 5 Wrestlemania Matches That Never Happened" to StumbleUpon Submit "The Top 5 Wrestlemania Matches That Never Happened" to Google

Comments

Enjoyed your blog!! i absolutely agree that I would have preferred Austin-Hogan at WM18. I kept hearing "biggest star of the 80s" vs "biggest star of the attitude era"...as big and huge and popular and great as the Rock was...he was #2 during the attitude era. Austin was #1 and Rock was #2...and having #2 vs Hogan (as great as the feud, build up and match was) just wasn't the same as it would have been if it was Austin-Hogan.

Undertaker - Sting would have been cool to see at WM27...but I question "how cool". I've always thought Sting was overrated a bit. And now he is past his prime in all aspects. Sting never seemed to do the same level of work when he had an opponent other than Ric Flair. I just wonder if Sting-Taker at WM27 would have really been a better build-up, feud and match than Taker-HHH was. I'd almost say I was happy with Taker-HHH last year and leave it at that.

You could also add Hogan-Flair at WM8 to this. I know that match eventually happened, but it happened in 1994 at Bash at the Beach. At WM8, these two guys were in their true prime's, WWE and Wrestlemania were the biggest company and event...it would have been more special if it took place at WM8.

Anyway - good blog dude!
    Great blog man! Angle vs Hart would have been a classic. Too man it never happened though.
    on my list, undertaker vs. kurt angle would be replaced with hulk hogan vs. ric flair. so many people wanted that match. Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. Hulk Hogan definitely would have been one of the biggest draws ever; but it probably didn't happen for the same reason Hogan vs. Flair didn't. The creative and ego differences.
    Nice Blog! I'd would have loved to see all those matches. Here's some more matches I can think of that I would have loved to see at WM and it was possible.

Hulk Hogan vs Ric Flair
    Hulk Hogan vs Undertaker
    HBK vs Randy Savage
    Steve Austin vs Undertaker
    Rock vs Undertaker
    HBK vs Rock
    Undertaker vs John Cena
    Goldberg vs Steve Austin
    Ric Flair vs Bret Hart
    @TheHitMan there was an article/story once from WWE Creative about ideas and matches that were penciled, but never happened. The ones listed above, were included.

The only reason that I didn't include Hogan-Flair at WM8 is because that match eventually did happen. Not only in WCW, but in the WWF. It was on RAW in 2002. It was a title match that we got on FREE TV! (one of the only times that WWE pulled a play out of WCW's playbook.)
    @The_Crippler
    These are matches that were could've, would've should've s for Wrestlemania. They were on the table, but later scrapped.
    Hogan and Hart did have a squash main event on Nitro once but that doesn't count.
    Did you not hear me say what I said about Bret's stroke? No duh he couldn't wrestle.
    Sting was trying to negotiate a deal to work for WWE last year, but it didn't happen. They did come ever so close. Steve has even talked about it numerous times.
    And Rey Mysterio was never mentioned in this entry. If anything, Wrestlemania 22 was remembered for Edge vs. Mick Foley overall and Triple H vs. John Cena as a side-note.
    Come on man.
    Hogan vs Austin n Bret vs Angle would be insane..

Bret n Angle if had happened and if creative had allowed both of them on their own it wud be my all tym fav match..I can smell it before even it happened...

Bret was all ready to have his match....but, sorry for my all time favorite wrestler’s untimely stroke...

Bret is really "The Best There WAS The Best There IS and The Best There Ever Will BE.." n Kurt is the BEST in the World today....A gr8 wrestling match missed by all of us!!!

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.