View RSS Feed

Dashing Rachel

Looking Ahead To The 2012 WWE Draft

Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average.
As WrestleMania 28 draws closer and closer with John Cena vs. The rock and Triple H vs. The Undertaker headlining the show, it also means that the 2012 WWE Draft is coming up as we look at which Superstars and Divas will be changing brands on a very special three-hour Monday Night RAW on Monday, April 23 at the Joe Louis Arena in Detroit, Michigan (home of my favorite NHL team the Detroit Red Wings).

Although there are several members who think that WWE Brand Extension should end, the fact of the matter is that WWE Brand Extension is not ending anytime soon. Even with the RAW Supershow, it does not necessarily mean that RAW and SmackDown would be merging rosters.

First, let's look at the Superstars and Divas who will be on the chopping block a few days before the draft. I don't see very many Superstars on the WWE roster getting "future endeavored." Instead, it will be the FCW (Florida Championship Wrestling) roster which will be the most effected with numerous FCW Superstars who have failed to make an impression in WWE developmental.

Evan Bourne
JTG
Mason Ryan
Heath Slater
Johnny Curtis
Ted DiBiase, Jr.
Layla
Trent Barreta

And now without further delay, let's look at the Superstars who will be drafted on the TV Draft (the main draft on RAW which is reserved for main eventers and upper mid-carders)

DRAFTED TO RAW

Cody Rhodes
Natalya
Daniel Bryan
Randy Orton

DRAFTED TO SMACKDOWN

Kofi Kingston
CM Punk
The Miz
Alberto Del Rio

And of course, the WWE Supplemental Draft takes place on Tuesday, April 24 on WWE's website which allows additional Superstars and Divas to be drafted. But don't expect any big names to be drafted. Instead, it will be mid-to-low carders, Divas, and tag teams who tend to get drafted.

DRAFTED TO RAW

Tyson Kidd
Derrick Bateman
Ezekiel Jackson
Justin Gabriel
Hornswoggle
Alicia Fox
Kaitlyn
Jinder Mahal

DRAFTED TO SMACKDOWN

Santino Marella
Nikki Bella
Alex Riley
Curt Hawkins
David Otunga
Brie Bella
Epico & Primo
Zack Ryder

The new rosters won't come to effect until Monday, April 30 (the day after the Extreme Rules PPV).

Submit "Looking Ahead To The 2012 WWE Draft" to Digg Submit "Looking Ahead To The 2012 WWE Draft" to del.icio.us Submit "Looking Ahead To The 2012 WWE Draft" to StumbleUpon Submit "Looking Ahead To The 2012 WWE Draft" to Google

Comments

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I think those would really even the rosters up and you created a lot of options for some new feuds to develop. Nice read!
    Quote Originally Posted by RatedATB
    I think those would really even the rosters up and you created a lot of options for some new feuds to develop. Nice read!
    Thanks! I reason I see The Miz going to SmackDown is that he has been getting lost in the shuffle on RAW as of late.
    So here are my thoughts. Good blog, I see a 50/50 shot Bourne gets released. I think it depends on his attitude backstage when he returns from his suspension. I don't think Layla will get canned though or Ted Dibiase. All the others i agree with. I do agree with all of your draft choices and like RatedATB said, it opens up alot of options for new feuds. Anyways, good blog!
    I think Rey goes to Smackdown! instead of Del Rio. I also think Bryan stays on Smackdown! and Show goes to Raw. Not that anyone gives a crap, but I see Khali going to Raw and is it sad that I think Ryder is considered a big enough star to be drafted on TV and not the sup. draft, let me answer my own question, yes it is. Good blog, can't wait for the draft even if most of the time it disappoints.....Please check out my music...http://www.youtube.com/user/kidcontra1?feature=mhee....Thanks!
    Updated 03-07-2012 at 12:54 AM by kidcontra (forgot a word)
    Quote Originally Posted by kidcontra
    I think Rey goes to Smackdown! instead of Del Rio. I also think Bryan stays on Smackdown! and Show goes to Raw. Not that anyone gives a crap, but I see Khali going to Raw and is it sad that I think Ryder is considered a big enough star to be drafted on TV and not the sup. draft, let me answer my own question, yes it is. Good blog, can't wait for the draft even if most of the time it disappoints.....Please check out my music...http://www.youtube.com/user/kidcontra1?feature=mhee....Thanks!
    I don't see the Big Show going to RAW this year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Rachel
    I don't see the Big Show going to RAW this year.
    Technically the Big Show was drafted to RAW last year... but still ended up staying on Smackdown.
    If sheamus wins the belt at mania then I can see him drafted to raw. Punk takes wwe belt to smackdown and sheamus to raw with whc belt.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.