View RSS Feed

Dashing Rachel

Cody Rhodes' Loss to the Big Show: A Step Backward

Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
With Cody Rhodes losing the Intercontinental Championship to the Big Show at WrestleMania 28, many people think that it will move Rhodes into the World Heavyweight Championship picture. But in reality, that is not the case in my opinion and here's why.

Even though a babyface currently hold the World Heavyweight Championship (that being Sheamus), it does not necessarily mean that Rhodes is the likely challenger.

What people keep forgetting is that the 2012 WWE Draft will be taking place on a very special three-hour Monday Night RAW on Monday, April 23rd and I have Rhodes going to the RAW brand.

By getting drafted to the red brand, it would mean that Rhodes would have to tend with other top heels (i.e., Daniel Bryan [should he be drafted], Mark Henry [should he be drafted], Kane, Dolph Ziggler, and Jack Swagger [should they not be drafted]). As a result, this would put Rhodes in contention for the United States Championship.

In addition, I see the likes of The Miz and Alberto Del Rio getting drafted to SmackDown which will give Sheamus some much worthy opponents for the World Heavyweight Championship.

In other words, the future does not look good for the Dashing One.

Submit "Cody Rhodes' Loss to the Big Show:  A Step Backward" to Digg Submit "Cody Rhodes' Loss to the Big Show:  A Step Backward" to del.icio.us Submit "Cody Rhodes' Loss to the Big Show:  A Step Backward" to StumbleUpon Submit "Cody Rhodes' Loss to the Big Show:  A Step Backward" to Google

Updated 04-01-2012 at 09:13 PM by Frank

Tags: cody rhodes
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    The Big Show as IC champ?
    Born to be boring....
    Cody Rhodes is there...he has "it". He will be a main event player for years to come. The loss to Big Show was respect...Big Show earned that and it doesnt hurt Cody at all.
    rematch clause, Cody wins again, nothing new happens.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Piper
    rematch clause, Cody wins again, nothing new happens.
    Well, I do see Cody Rhodes getting his rematch clause on this week's SmackDown and John Laurinaitis grants Rhodes his rematch. But I see the Big show to retain.
    It is time for Cody to be put into the WWE title mix with Cena and Punk.
    I hate that Cody lost, but I think the reason it happened was more to give Big Show some face. It's been a while since he had a win at 'Mania. Rhodes, on the other hand, has a lot in front of him - and he's shown us that he can not only hang around, but he can dominate too. So long Intercontinental Title (for now...) hello boundless possibilities.
    I pray that cody regains the intercontinental title. Show is boring
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.