View RSS Feed

bearkg88

WWE Could Be a lot Worse

Rate this Entry
The title says it all. It could be worse. I would consider myself an optimistic. I try to look at things with a positive stand point. There are a lot of people on this site though to me, who are pessimist. That is their choice to be that way though. The point of this blog though is that I feel like people are complaining over stuff they should be complaining about. It is one thing to complain about stuff that legitimately sucks/is bad, and stuff that people just don't agree with. Let me give you examples.

Stuff to legitimately dislike
The Divas Division
The Tag Team Division

Stuff that doesn't need bashing
Rock vs Cena
HHH vs Taker
Show vs Cody

Now, let me break it down for you in each section, first up, Cena vs Rock.

John Cena vs The Rock
So, since last week when The Rock finally came back to the WWE and cut a promo, only to have Cena come out cutting his own promo, the wrestling world has be set afire with all kinds of topics. Rock being put down to help get Cena over, Cena owning Rock by calling out the notes, people saying Cenas promo from this past Monday being stale, going off on the fact they've only cut promos up to this point with no physical interaction, the list goes on and on. Think about this. You have John Cena, the guy who got himself over with his rapper gimmick, became the face of the WWE, and is able to put on great matches when he chooses. You have The Rock, a guy who has been gone from the WWE ring for over 7 years(excluding his sporadic appearances), someone who knows how to cut great promos, and can put on excellent matches. While people may bash Cena, I know others including myself, always wondered what it would be like if these two ever faced off. We now finally have it! Yes there have been negative aspects such as announcing it a year ago, having little to no build up until recently, and such, but look at it this way. We could have Cena facing off against the WWE Champion or World Heavyweight Champion. We could have another dud of a main event like last year. We could not have The Rock back at all. There are so many other ways this could have gone, but instead we are guaranteed what should be atleast a good WM main event. Heck, if both Cena and The Rock bring their A game to the match, it should be a great main event match! So..the next time you want to complain about why this stinks, it could be worse
The Undertaker vs Triple H
Another example. Even before this match was announced, you had people going on about how "I can't believe HHH is going to face off against Taker again, this is going to suck, it should be somebody else". Then when it was announced as Hell In A Cell people still complained, and then finally, HBK was announced as the guest referee and still MORE complaining. Look at it this way. You have Taker, a man who has been in 11 Hell in a cell matches, more than anyone else ever, someone who is looking to extend his streak to 20-0, a person who has gave us so many memorable WM moments. Then you have HHH, a man who has been in 8 hell in a cell matches, the second most out of anyone, a guy who has dominated for a long time, who has given us moments that took our breath away, who as apart of DX. Then finally, you have the wild card in Shawn Michaels. The Showstoppa, Mr Wrestlemania, a man who has been involved 4 HIAC matches himself. Look at it this way. All three men are great on the mic, HBK I know will has us talking as special referee, and who knows, it could lead to a HHH vs HBK feud with Shawn returning to the ring! it could be this way, we could have no Shawn Michaels at ALL as we go into Mania. We could have Taker taking on someone who we might get a great match or a decent match or a dud with, but with HHH, we know we are guaranteed for something special. There are so many other things they could have done, but to me, they made the right choice and this will help make WM 28 the best ever(only time will tell). So the next time you think about complaining about something that isn't really bad, just remember, it could be worse.

Cody Rhodes vs Big Show
My last and final example. I've heard people say that if Show beats Rhodes, it is a step down for Rhodes, that Rhodes should be facing someone else, and other stuff. Look at it this way. Rhodes is stellar on the mic and in the ring, but his run as IC has been a little lackluster. The last time his title was showcased was in his feud with Booker T, which I don't think really did much, but hey, that i just one mans opinion. This is giving Rhodes the chance to shine on the grandest stage. It's giving Big Show the chance to have his first positive WM moment. Look at it this way. Rhodes could not even be on the card, or he could be apart of the T-Long/Johnny feud/teams. We could have Big Show facing the likes of Shaq, or some other undeserving celebrity. Instead, we get what should be a decent match. So the next time you want to bash this feud, just remember, it could be worse.

I want to end this blog with one last thing. I'm not trying to bash peoples opinions, or to even bash people who want to look at certain things negatively. I am all for only seeing something negatively. Look at my past Uncooked blogs. I normally always put any kind of Diva segment in the bad section, because it is simply bad. My point is, to people who can find any good in something, just think, it could be worse. Keep an eye out later this week as I bring another edition of Flash From The Past!

Submit "WWE Could Be a lot Worse" to Digg Submit "WWE Could Be a lot Worse" to del.icio.us Submit "WWE Could Be a lot Worse" to StumbleUpon Submit "WWE Could Be a lot Worse" to Google

Updated 03-07-2012 at 11:00 AM by Frank

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I loved your blog! Great perspective on the current state of the WWE and Wrestlemania. I am looking forward to all 3 of these matches greatly. You are right - it could always be worse. I like the Cody-Show feud. I think its been very well done - a fresh angle - no matter who wins it will benefit Cody in the future and it will benefit the fans who watch Wrestlemania. Cody has had a run with the IC title...he has become a major player with this run. He is a very good balanced character. Many many main event stars have dropped mid-card titles and it did not stop their momentum. If you are good and destined for elite status - you can't be stopped. The other two feuds won't be lacking in the entertainment department and that's a big part of Wrestlemania. I really enjoyed your piece here! well done and agree with you completely!
    I love this blog. And I agree wholeheartedly. In fact, I feel that it would be a great thing if Big Show did beat Cody Rhodes. And for those that bash the HHH/Taker match w/ HBK, they have their heads up their asses. If you can't enjoy what these three are going to give us, then you really shouldn't be a wrestling fan. It's the type of people that look at WM and see that it's not exactly what they want in particular, that are doing all the complaining. Because Undertaker isn't putting over Dolph Ziggler or Wade Barrett, they're bitching and crying. They don't get that if Cody Rhodes is a future title contender, he has to drop the IC Title. They have to realize that there is no one even worthy of Undertaker's time for a WM Streak match, other than HHH. No good would come of having anyone else fight him, save for Jericho. But what they're giving us this year is good. HIAC is going to be awesome. WM looks like it's going to be really good...At least on paper.
    Quote Originally Posted by DK Wrestling Savior
    I love this blog. And I agree wholeheartedly. In fact, I feel that it would be a great thing if Big Show did beat Cody Rhodes. And for those that bash the HHH/Taker match w/ HBK, they have their heads up their asses. If you can't enjoy what these three are going to give us, then you really shouldn't be a wrestling fan. It's the type of people that look at WM and see that it's not exactly what they want in particular, that are doing all the complaining. Because Undertaker isn't putting over Dolph Ziggler or Wade Barrett, they're bitching and crying. They don't get that if Cody Rhodes is a future title contender, he has to drop the IC Title. They have to realize that there is no one even worthy of Undertaker's time for a WM Streak match, other than HHH. No good would come of having anyone else fight him, save for Jericho. But what they're giving us this year is good. HIAC is going to be awesome. WM looks like it's going to be really good...At least on paper.
    +1. Totally agree.

Good blog. Glad somebody else is optimistic. With Rock Vs. Cena, HIAC, Best In The World for the WWE title, A credible IC title match this year looks to be the best WM in quite a few years. Not to mention if this Kane-Orton thing keeps going, we should have a pretty good match, even though Kane will just get buried. Also I'm still not ruling out that they do like a triple threat tag match for the tag titles. I'm at least hoping they do something like that.
    Man you hit the nail square on the head. I think people are just so quick to look at the negatives. It's like when something's going well, one negative thing happens and people just jump all over it. We live in an era where fans are a lot smarter than WWE gives us credit for it, and to be honest it's not a good thing. The worst thing that ever happened to me was discovering wrestling on the internet. It makes people believe they know what they want, when in actuality they don't. Yes there are things in WWE that actually do need fixing, but they're in the process of it and shit just doesn't change over night. People really need to just enjoy the ride and quit trying to make every little aspect of the show perfect because that'st just unrealistic and it's going to in turn make people hate the product even more and they'll never enjoy it again. Sorry for the rant, but great blog nonetheless.
    So I'm not going to reply each of the four of you, but I will simply say thank you. This topic has been weighing on my mind since Taker vs HHH in HIAC was announced, and it came to the top while I was writing a blog for the WBC challenges for top WM matches. I was looking through past WMs and I've heard countless people go on about it being the best WM ever. I was looking at that card and the thought that kept going through my mind "Ok..some of these matches surely had to be amazing...but some of them definitely had to suck", and then the last straw was after HBK was announced as guest referee, it just broke my back if you will haha. Now don't get me wrong, if WM comes and goes, and we get shit all around, I will be the first to be like "well, I was wrong, that sucked", but then again if it is amazing I'll be like "Holy Shit! That was f***ing awesome!". My point is, it hasn't happened yet. To me, from all aspects it looks like it should be a positive show, and like DK said, WM looks like it is going to be really good..on paper, and much like a movie, the script may look it to be awesome, but we won't know for sure until we see it on the big screen
    Really enjoyed this blog, well done! I also look forward to all the matches you mentioned, not so much Rock and cena but like you said it could be worse and it definitely could be! Great blog!
    one of my favorite bloggers on this site. Nothing short of amazing, great blog. You really hit a nerve with the Cena vs Rock point. I've shared my input on this many of times but none the less I'm happy as hell to see it happen. Like you said, if Cena wasn't facing the Rock this year at Mania he would be competing for or defending the WWE or World Championship like he has the past 7 Wrestlemania's so yeah it could be alot worst.

GREAT READ BRO
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.