View RSS Feed

wrestlingfan66513

Blog Wars 15: Top Breakout Stars for 2012

Rate this Entry
Welcome to another edition of Blog Wars. Last time in a very close match, RatedATB ended knox's reign by just one vote. This week akbar will attempt to do the same thing. Here is the list

Top 5 Breakout Stars of 2012

Basically, they will name the 5 guys who they think are finally going to have their year in 2012. Any organization is allowed so the possibilities are endless.

akbar

First of all I just want to say to people that this list is my opinion, it’s a prediction of superstars that I think will break out in 2012. There’s no fact answer so everyone’s opinion will differ.
One more note to take in, I don’t watch TNA or ROH, simply because it just isn’t catching my interest, every wrestler I chose is in WWE so forgive me if I’ve missed a blatant choice from TNA. Anyways to my list…

5. Brodus clay
Attachment 1664
Very popular gimmick, his wrestling is top class for a guy his size; he might just be the successor to big show. Clay is on a winning streak and I see him going on to high profile feud with someone really strong. This might be jus be a good year for Brodus Clay.
4. Heath Slater
Attachment 1665
Now this choice is more of ‘who I would like to break out in 2012’ but regardless no one can deny his got the many qualities to be a WWE superstar. I personally like the rock n roll gimmick: there’s a lot of to get out of it in terms of props, talking, personality and actions…there’s a lot that can be made of this if the creative team realise and utilize it properly. Maybe his mic skills aren’t that great but he definitely can wrestle and put on a good show. So I see him as a strong future IC or US champion in the near future.
3. Wade Barrett
Attachment 1666
The lad from Manchester is sure to have a WHC run when he makes his comeback. His injury might do well for a wrestler like him in a way that the fans will realise how much they miss him and when he comes back, he’ll be over with the crowd like never before.
2. Drew McIntyre
Attachment 1667
I hear he has a new gimmick, at least WWE have gone back to the days of making distinctive, easily recognisable characters like Brodus ‘funkassusrus’ clay and this gimmick Drew has (might have). After his losing streak ,which I feel was definitely planned for a resurgence and rebirth of the former ‘special one’. I see this year been comeback for him and he’ll probably move back to the upper mid cards soon.
1. Cody Rhodes
Attachment 1668
My favourite upcoming superstar right now, While at legacy most people thought Ted Dibiase Jr would be the one to break out and while I think he still has a chance, Cody Rhodes is light years ahead of him in terms of credibility from the fans. His promo style is pretty good, talking with a dark arrogant voice ,I see Cody Rhodes with more potential than Dolph Ziggler I think he has potential to be in couple of main events this year and have a world title run in 2013 if that is too much ask,. Even if he does not get a title this year, he will probably be so over this year, the universe will be looking to him as sure future of WWE when John Cena and Randy Orton pass on the torch.

RatedATB

5. Tyler Reks/Curt Hawkins
I think this is the year we finally see these two move up on to the main roster as active members. I don’t follow NXT too closely, but everytime I catch it they are huge part of the show and it seems as if they’re the main focus at times. There’s no doubt that Curt Hawkins is an awesome wrestler, and Tyler Reks has definitely improved tremendously. I’ve noticed they even improved on their promo skills and they seem to have the biggest crowd reaction on NXT out of anyone, which no, it’s not saying much, but I definitely think this will be the year we see these two move up in the roster.

4. Tyson Kidd
I’ve always been a huge fan of Kidd and what he can do in the ring. He’s another guy that has used NXT as an opportunity to fix his weaknesses, namely his mic skills. No he’s definitely no CM Punk or John Cena, but he has improved and I can see him getting a shot on the main roster this summer. He’s one of those guys that just needs that one shot at proving he can hang with the rest of the boys on the main roster, and once he has it I don’t see him falling back off.

3. Seth Rollins
Now this all depends on if the guy can get called up, which I’m definitely hoping is sooner rather than later. Rumor is they want him up but HHH wants to wait until they have something for him, which isn’t a bad idea. I don’t think it’s any secret how amazing Seth Rollins is in the ring. I don’t know too much about his mic skills, but as long as he can cut a decent promo then there’s no reason why he shouldn’t be able to make a huge impact on the main roster. I can definitely see this year as the year he not only makes his debut, but a huge impact in the WWE. Again, this all depends on if he gets called up or not.

2. Jack Swagger
(Note: This was written before he lost the US Title)
I know that he can’t really be considered a breakout star since he’s a former world champ, but hear me out. Here’s a guy who has been up and down his entire career in WWE, and it all stems from them not knowing how to properly use him. It seems that they’re finally going the right route, putting him with Vickie and giving him the U.S. title and actually defending it. I think that this year we can see a lot of great things from Swagger, and I can actually see him holding the U.S. title for quite a while. He’s great in the ring, has a good look, has a great move set, decent promo skills, and has one of if not the biggest heat magnet’s as his manager. The sky is the limit for the All-American American.

1. Kazarian
I know he’s another guy who’s kind of been around and what not, but I can see huge things for Kazarian this year. Aligning him with a veteran like Daniels is a superb way of making him look like a top level guy, and I think his time in Fortune did the same. I definitely see an upper-mid card and possibly even future main event spot for Kazarian when/if they pull the trigger on him. I think a win over AJ would solidify his spot as a main player in the company, and maybe even after another year or two he could even capture the World Title. I know it’s a long shot, and some people might disagree, but that’s my opinion and I’m sticking to it!

Thank you all for reading and remember to vote in the comment's section.

Submit "Blog Wars 15: Top Breakout Stars for 2012" to Digg Submit "Blog Wars 15: Top Breakout Stars for 2012" to del.icio.us Submit "Blog Wars 15: Top Breakout Stars for 2012" to StumbleUpon Submit "Blog Wars 15: Top Breakout Stars for 2012" to Google

Tags: blog wars
Categories
Thoughts and Opinions

Comments

Sorry RatedATB. Love your blogs, but akbar plays on the majority of the people. Loved that Tyson Kidd / Reks and Hawkins made it to your list, but I personally don't think anything big will happen to them.

On the other side, I totally agree with akbar's toop 3 choiches. I don't wanna give them a number, because I can preedict huge storylines for all 3 in the years to come.

My vote: Akbar
    Had to go with Akbar.
    At first I was totally going to vote for Akbar because of Barrett and Cody...but I don't see Drew or Heath breaking out this year, and to me Brodus is kind of like that wheel stuck in the mud. The only one I disagreed with on RatedATBs choices were Swagger, as to me, he is a dud. I can definitely see his other 4 choices though. So my vote goes to RatedATB
    Gonna go with​ Akbar.
    Difficult isnt it, Akbar has gone with the talent that is already on our tv screens, and how he seems them developing to more main event status (all but tyson kidd) where as RatedATB has gone with young talent who will make the step to the live shows. I am gonna have to go with Akbar though, mainly because i dont watch TNA enough to know if Kazarian is a good choice for number 1 spot.

Good work though guys

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.