View RSS Feed

bearkg88

Uncooked: Raw Afterthoughts The Good, The Bad, and The Indifferent

Rate this Entry
Hey everyone. I noticed yesterday as I was starting to write another blog, that I was at 29, and I wanted to hold off on that other one, to have this Uncooked as #30 as I feel Uncooked are my better blogs most of the time. Anyways, another Raw has come to a close, we are one step closer to Wrestlemania, and with that, it is time for another edition of Uncooked. Lets get right into it shall we?

The Good

HHH/HBK promo
Needless to say, this didn’t go how I wanted it to, but you can’t take anything from these two when they on mics together. I was so pulling for a triple threat match at WM, and to be honest, am a little disappointed, but either way I am still uber pumped because Mr. Wrestlemania, The Show Stoppa, The Main Event, The Heartbreak Kid Shawn Michaels will be the special guest referee. Kudos to the E throwing in the air of uncertainty right at the end of the promo when he said “he knows who is going to win, and he will be right again” and then announcing he was the made the special referee, blew me away. I know I may get backlash for this, but to me it is so up in the air as to how this match is going to go down. Common sense says Taker wins, but even if he does, what occurs between HBK and HHH in the cell? Will it lead to something between them later down the road? Just so many possibilities, so to all of you who are bashing this…just think…we could have The Undertaker vs Ted Dibiase or Hornswoggle…so it could be a lot worse. To me, we are set for an epic match involving HBK, Taker, and HHH.

Santino Marella vs Jack Swagger for the US Championship
What!? How dare Bear put this match as a good thing. Now now, before you try cutting me at the throat hear me out. The match…SUCKED! By the way, did anyone notice Swaggers hair..that was the first thing I noticed. Anyways, this is good for a few different reasons, but let me get out the negative aspects out of it. There wasn’t any real wrestling, and when Swagger went to go do his finisher, his kick looked crappy, and his powerbomb just looked like garbage. Here is the good though. To me, Swagger didn’t make a credible US champion. He only defended it once against Gabriel, and he isn’t really over with the crowd(positively or negatively). I’m surprised the E kept it on him as long as they did. While I have bashed Santino before, to me, this seems perfect. He is super over with the fans, and when he wants to, he can actually wrestle(look at his heel run before he became a comedy act). To me, Marella has a chance to breathe some fresh air into the US title that has been kind of dull since Ziggler lost it. Plus, this helped further the Long/Johnny feud. Now my one comment on that, if by next week on Raw, they don’t announce there will be some kind of SD vs Raw match for the Long/Johnny feud, then they are just wasting time. Why announce it 2 weeks or 1 week before WM, when instead you can use those last 2 weeks to have the teams(I’m assuming if they do it, it will involve teams), face off against one another in some aspect. Anyways, this match 1/5. This segment, 3/5.

CM Punk/Sheamus vs Daniel Bryan/Chris Jericho
I want to start by taking a page out of Daniel Bryans book. YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! Thank you E for listening. Instead of having Punk face some random opponent or having DB vs Punk for the 4th time, we get what is needed as we are less than 4 weeks away from WM. To me, this match was a great momentum builder. You didn’t really have the respective opponents facing one another going at to, as to not dampen what is to come at WM, but it gave us a sample of what is to come. Just from this small glimpse of Punk and Jericho…I can honestly say if they are given the right amount of time, and give it their all, this match will be amazing. I honestly am expecting a 5 star match from these two, and I don’t think I will be disappointed. As for Sheamus/D Bryan, well, I get this urking feeling Bryan is going to retain. I may be wrong, but here is what I see happening. DB retaining, Punk retaining, then in April have the draft show and the champions get switched. Think about it, where is John Cena left to go after his match with The Rock at WM. Eventually he is going to get back into the title scene, and why would you want to have a face vs face feud between Punk and Cena. I’ve mentioned I think Orton should turn heel, but what if instead of him, Sheamus turns heel, and we get a Punk vs Sheamus feud. I could see it happening(though I know people will disagree with me because they think Sheamus is to over to become a heel right now). Anyways, this match, definitely a great tag team match. And a great ending if I may say so. Punk got the “win” over Jericho at Elimination Chamber, and Jericho has now one upped him tonight. I’m going to say this match was a 3.5/5 easily.

The Rock Promos/John Cena Promos
With the Rocks first promo where he threw Cena's merch into the water, and then his last one just kind of seemed blah to me. The one in the middle though, did get my buzzing for ole Rocky. Then throw in Cena's self monolgue(which I thought was different/a little interesting), and I was set to see how they were going to end Raw. What can I say. Did this promo between the two outbeat last weeks? I can't necessarily say that, but I did enjoy it. The part that caught me by surprise, the fans chanting tooth fairy. I have this little feeling that on one of the next 3 raws, we will see Cena go from the smiling dude he was, to the guy he was in his feud with Kane. That full throttle, bad ass dude we have seen in the past. Similar to what we saw in the last minute to two minutes of Cenas promo after Rock left, but...bigger if you get what I mean. At least I think that is what needs to happen for this to go to a whole other level on.

The Indifferent

Big Show vs The Miz
This is a squash match. Anyone who tries to say differently, it just simply blowing it out of their behind. Now, with that said, the point of this wasn't to have an epic match between Miz and Show, it was to further the feud of Rhodes and Show. Do I feel that accomplished it? 50/50. To me, the other clips Rhodes has shown has really made Show look like a fool, but the one tonight, not so much. I think they could have done stuff differently. Here is my point though. This feud could be interesting, but, they need to do more than what they are now. Having Show squash someone, and Rhodes showing footage of Show from previous WMs, in the next 3 weeks will eventually become boring. I can already picture Stone Cold in my head when he would do his BORING to Lance Storm, and to me, you don't want that. Rhodes has shown he is great, just not a great champion. If the E is going to keep the title on him for a while, this is a way to get his reign kick started again and people buzzing about it.

The Bad

Alicia Fox vs Eve
So from this point out, I am going to stop reviewing Diva’s segments/matches on Uncooked unless something significant happens. We all know it is garbage, and unless there is some huge change..cough cough Kharma, Beth, Michelle, Natalya cough cough..then it isn’t worth my time to write about it, nor is it worth you the readers time to have to read about it. Anyways, my big gripe about this whole thing, besides the match, is Ryder. So he gets DEMOLISHED by Kane numerous times. Has all these kinds of injuries, is in a wheel chair, gets launched off the stage in the wheel chair, and a few weeks later he is back simply with a pimp cane and a limp? Come on! I mean, I know this is pure show, but be freaking consistent. I wasn’t expecting Ryder back until atleast after Mania. Now what are they going to do with him at Mania, because unless they have something planned, I don’t see a point in hogging up Raw air time from actual feuds that matter. This match .05/5. DUD!

R Truth vs Kane
This match, as most saw, was blah, with a side of blah,, and blah for desert. That is not the sole reason I put it in the bad section though. Think back to last week. Kane came out and demolished most of the people involved in the triple threat tag match. Then he attacks Orton. Ok...why? I mean, obviously after tonight they are going for a Kane/Orton feud at WM, but why have Kane come out to destroy the tag teams? Wouldn't it have made more sense for Kane to do his return on SD when he attacked Orton? Anyways, the follow up from last weeks segment, is also part of the reason why this is bad. Don't get me wrong, I am kind of looking forward to Orton vs Kane, and I think it has potential to lead to some interesting stuff for the two of them storyline wise, but with only 7 shows left between now and WM, they need to kick it up to 5th gear. This match 1/5.

Overall

I would say this show was just as good as last weeks. People probably won't be buzzing about it as much as they were last week, but I still think it was damn good heading into Mania. The E is doing the right thing here, and not stepping back. Now, with that said, to me, next weeks Raw should be even better. You have another Rock concert, and Cena rapping(which I will enjoy as long as he doesn't be all fruity), and HBK interacting with Taker. It should shape up to a great Raw. Well everyone, this closes out another edition of Uncooked. Keep an eye out, as I am going to be putting out two more blogs this week, Flash From The Past: Wrestlemania 20, and It Could Be Worse. I look forward to any comments you have in regards to this. Until next time, stay Raw!

Submit "Uncooked: Raw Afterthoughts The Good, The Bad, and The Indifferent" to Digg Submit "Uncooked: Raw Afterthoughts The Good, The Bad, and The Indifferent" to del.icio.us Submit "Uncooked: Raw Afterthoughts The Good, The Bad, and The Indifferent" to StumbleUpon Submit "Uncooked: Raw Afterthoughts The Good, The Bad, and The Indifferent" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Good blog but I have to disagree on The Rock/John Cena promos. It not the participants fault, it's the way they are building to a climatic ending of the show yet nothing happens except 10 to 20 minutes of talking. Three weeks of this is enough and I need somebody to get screwed in a match, a car to be destroyed, The Rock doing commentary, a bitch slap heard round the world, something to keep me entertained. At the end of the day, I just want to be entertained and I'm not because there is just too much talking going on.
    I actually don't like that HBK is refereeing the Cell Match. What does it achieve, really? Undertaker and Triple H inside Hell in a Cell has been my dream match for ten years – Michaels won't add anything to it. For me, the only way Shawn Michaels's involvement can be made worthwhile is if he comes back to face Hunter at next year's Mania. And I wouldn't bet a penny on that.
    @01crusea...I agree with it not being a good idea for HBK to ref the HIAC match. It takes some excitment and focus of them two beating the crap of each other because the audience is now going to be focused on whether or not HBK is going to screw one of them over. Last year was a great match between those two with it focusing on just those two. Putting HBK back in the mix to me...is just not as exciting as I think the WWE wants it to be.
    Good Uncooked Blog, as always.

I love HBK's involvement. He's controversial...and you know that deep down, he really wants to screw someone over. What will his decision be? Who will he screw? I love it.

I don't agree with making Orton heel though. In my blog last week, I was trying to find faces for DB to get clean, legit wins over and could barely come up with 4. There's a major lack of faces in WWE right now and I feel that Cena will be turning heel at WM. *In fact, I think Cena's empty arena promo confirms his heel turn*.

Great stuff.
    Great blog my friend, last night's Raw was pretty good in my book. I can't believe how over Santino is, it's great haha. A lot of people are angry about where Rock/Cena has been going but there's still 3 Raws between now and Mania so people need to relax and let things play out.
    Quote Originally Posted by DK Wrestling Savior
    Good Uncooked Blog, as always.

I love HBK's involvement. He's controversial...and you know that deep down, he really wants to screw someone over. What will his decision be? Who will he screw? I love it.

I don't agree with making Orton heel though. In my blog last week, I was trying to find faces for DB to get clean, legit wins over and could barely come up with 4. There's a major lack of faces in WWE right now and I feel that Cena will be turning heel at WM. *In fact, I think Cena's empty arena promo confirms his heel turn*.

Great stuff.
    Thanks DK. yeah, for the last 2 months I've wanted Orton to turn heel, but within the last week I was really contemplating if it would be a smart move. You make an extremely valid point. on SD for top faces(or viable faces), you have Sheamus, Show, Orton, Booker(if you count him, I don't but I'm sure some would), and technically Taker even though he never wrestles. To me any other face on SD isn't a main eventer or even an upper carder. They are either mid carders or lower. I'm hoping if they do a draft after WM, it really shakes things up big time
    Quote Originally Posted by RatedATB
    Great blog my friend, last night's Raw was pretty good in my book. I can't believe how over Santino is, it's great haha. A lot of people are angry about where Rock/Cena has been going but there's still 3 Raws between now and Mania so people need to relax and let things play out.
    Thanks ATB, and yeah I agree. I mean, for announcing the feud a year ago, not really doing much for 10 months except for the occasional video promo or short Rock appearance, atleast they are doing something now. And how much do you bet, if between now and WM, each week there is some kind of physical altercation, there will still be people complaining saying something like "Man..why can't they just wrestle already, this is getting dull". I for one am enjoying this ride, and can't wait to see what they do next week in the Rock concert and Cena rap

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.