View RSS Feed

TheGreatOne

Greatest rivalries all-time in WWE history 95-present.....

Rate this Entry
Why start 95? It was too cartoonish along with the fact Hogan among others beat everyone they faced. Key word: WWE in the title. This isn't NWA, WCW, or other organizations. Just WWEs....I'm seperating Women and tag division from this. Decided not to # these because it will be criticized for how high or how low it should be. Everyone has an opinion, but these are the greatest rivalries in WWE history.

Austin vs Vince-What better rivalry out there? Everyone enjoyed watching Vince and Austin go at it. Their match on Raw stopped the 84 week rating streak by WCW for good reason. These two were the main reason why we continued to tune in to WWF week after week and couldn't wait til Monday to see what will happen next.

HBK vs Bret Hart-
Need I say more? Promos and history speaks for itself doesn't it?

Owen Hart vs Bret Hart-I loved their fued during 95. Only time Owen really got the chance to be in the main event. Their match at Mania is always an afterthought because of the Ladder match Razor and HBK had. It is a shame because it was a great match and probably one of the best in Wrestlemania history.

Undertaker vs Mankind-96 fued probably of the year. Buried alive, brawls, and so on. A lot of great memories and moments between the 2 that happened. Hell in a Cell match still talked about to this very day. Paul turned on Taker to become Uncle Paul of Mankind. Really a bunch of historic memories and matches between the two.

The Rock vs HHH-Loved it!! One of the most under-rated rivalries in my opinion. Rock and his catchphrases insulting DX, Show, and the McMahons. Asolutely one of the best of the best. Had a ton of great matches together. Certainly one of the best all-time.

Cena vs Edge-the rivalry stands out to me more so than any rivalry John has had. Same goes for Edge as a singles competitor. They faced probably more so than any of these guys. LOL! Every Raw reunion it felt like they faced along with all those ppv matches and Raw matches. One of the best rivalries of this recent time.

Kane vs Undertaker-Rivalry was great from 97-98. I believe Unforgiven 98 was the first ppv I watched which featured the Inferno match between these 2. Kane/Paul/Undertaker was always great. Ever since, never really had any great fueds besides that time. Summerslam match stunk along with WM20. Certainly one of the best rivalries ever.

Mick Foley vs HHH/Rock/Orton-The reason I did a slash was because he really put those guys over. Really deserves a lot of credit for launching each of their careers. Foley/HHH 2000 was great with the Street Fight, Hell in a Cell, and that DX stuff. I enjoyed Orton fued as well launching Orton to main event status. Probably isn't up to par with the two others, but I think it was probably Orton's best fued. Only arguable one is Undertaker's. Rock/Foley was great because one was cool while the other was sort of a geek. One dressed nice while the other would dress in cheap clothes. One had the boss in his corner and the other was the ultimate under dog. I Quit match and empy arena match that got better rating during the Super Bowl than Raws do now and that was Sunday night Heat at the time.

HHH vs HBK-series of matches they had....wow!! Wish HBK would have had his last match vs HHH at a Wrestlemania instead of having the rematch with the Undertaker. Summerslam match, 3 stages of Hell, 03 Raw in Texas, Last man standing, hell in a cell, and I could go on. One of the greatest rivalries in WWE history.

Bret Hart vs Stone Cold-voted rivalry of the year for a reason. The rivalry that really launched Austin into main event status. Austin cheating in the Rumble, match at Mania, Survivor Series, and all of the great matches they had on the way including Canadian Stampede. Certainly!!

I chose about 10 that really stood out in my eyes. Owen/Bret will probably get bashed because they didn't hate each other, but I did enjoy the fued they had that is very under-rated. Several honorable mentions can be added.

Submit "Greatest rivalries all-time in WWE history 95-present....." to Digg Submit "Greatest rivalries all-time in WWE history 95-present....." to del.icio.us Submit "Greatest rivalries all-time in WWE history 95-present....." to StumbleUpon Submit "Greatest rivalries all-time in WWE history 95-present....." to Google

Comments

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    get your years more concise and accurate, a few years were wrong, other than that good list
    A Counter Blog!!!Lols!!

I accept Cena vS Edge is much better than Cena Vs Kurt!!! esp because my man Edge became a maineventer!!

The only thing i cud not digest in that rivalry is Cena winning the TLC Match!!!
    what about edge/christian vs hardys, vs dudleys their feud gave us some of the greatest tag matches of all time also how about hbk vs undertaker
    Gotta say mate, i completely disagree with you. You state that rivalries only started in 95 with the attitude era; you couldn't be more wrong. It was the attitude era that killed off the great rivalries. This is a well known fact, once Vince started prioritising TV shows and increased the number of pay-per-views; this only served to rush rivalries. All of a sudden build up went out the window and rather than slowly build anticipation to the big eventual fight; you suddenly had them wrestling each other regularly on TV for free. Even your list shows this in my eyes, as some of the rivalries you state stir absolutely no emotion from me. The only one's I would say I really enjoyed were the Bret Hart v Stone Cold rivalry and Mick Foley v HHH. HBK v Bret never really lived up to it's potential. Yet when I think of Bret's great rivalries I think of his run with Jerry Lawler or his series of matches with the british bulldogs; as the Hart Foundation. Other rivalries you seem to find insignificant could be Randy Savage v Ricky Steamboat, Rick Rude v The Ultimate Warrior, Hulk Hogan v Roddy Piper, Mr Perfect v Ric Flair, Randy Savage v Dusty Rhodes, Bret v Mr Perfect, Rick Flair v Randy Savage, Hulk Hogan v Randy Savage or even Doink v Crush. Eh oops ignore that last one lol. On a final note, I would say in the modern era, it's slim pickings, but I would maybe say the CM Punk v Jeff Hardy rivalry deserves a mention.
    Originality is dead!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rendall
    Gotta say mate, i completely disagree with you. You state that rivalries only started in 95 with the attitude era; you couldn't be more wrong. It was the attitude era that killed off the great rivalries. This is a well known fact, once Vince started prioritising TV shows and increased the number of pay-per-views; this only served to rush rivalries. All of a sudden build up went out the window and rather than slowly build anticipation to the big eventual fight; you suddenly had them wrestling each other regularly on TV for free. Even your list shows this in my eyes, as some of the rivalries you state stir absolutely no emotion from me. The only one's I would say I really enjoyed were the Bret Hart v Stone Cold rivalry and Mick Foley v HHH. HBK v Bret never really lived up to it's potential. Yet when I think of Bret's great rivalries I think of his run with Jerry Lawler or his series of matches with the british bulldogs; as the Hart Foundation. Other rivalries you seem to find insignificant could be Randy Savage v Ricky Steamboat, Rick Rude v The Ultimate Warrior, Hulk Hogan v Roddy Piper, Mr Perfect v Ric Flair, Randy Savage v Dusty Rhodes, Bret v Mr Perfect, Rick Flair v Randy Savage, Hulk Hogan v Randy Savage or even Doink v Crush. Eh oops ignore that last one lol. On a final note, I would say in the modern era, it's slim pickings, but I would maybe say the CM Punk v Jeff Hardy rivalry deserves a mention.

A lot o the rivalries you mention are pre 95. Read the blog title so you dont make yourself look stupid.

However CM Punk v Jeff Hardy was a good rivalry. With Jeff's drug problems and Punk being straight edge added some realism to it.
    I know there's no particular order listed on here. But I love the list. Great rivalries. In my mind, Undertaker vs Mankind was the ultimate rivalry. Followed by Bret Hart vs HBK, then Bret Hart vs Owen Hart.

Good Blog
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.