View RSS Feed

shadoweffect

The Shadow Effect: My first Ring of Honor Show

Rate this Entry
Hello readers and watchers of wrestling. My name is Zachary Morales and I will be your host for this blog post. Let me introduce myself first before we get to why I'm writing today. I have been watching wrestling for about 15 years. I am now 18 years old. As you can tell I've been watching since I was pretty young. Wrestling to me is an escape. I like most of you want, wrestling to come back to the prominence it once was. I grew up loving most of the guys everybody did. From the Rock, to Stone Cold, to everyone's lovable human wrecking machine, Mick Foley. I've been through most of the good, to the horrendous bad. Through it all, I stick with it. Call me crazy but wrestling is just the best thing in this world.

I kind of lost track on what I’m supposed to be writing about. As you can probably tell, I’m a WWE guy. I didn’t watch WCW and I rarely watch TNA. The indies also didn’t interest me up until about 2008. One of my friends had told me about a product called ROH. I started to look into it and started to watch it and I was amazed. I was hooked. The wrestling was some of the best I've ever seen. So fast forward to this year 2012. I had heard ROH was coming back to Philly (where I live), so I had to get tickets. This was the first show I was going to be attending. My excitement was there. My friend and I had gotten third row seats at forty bucks a pop, great deal I might add.

The night came and I could not be more excited. We got to the arena and the first thing my friend and I did was get merchandise. I got a t-shirt plus a dud.

ROH had advertised autograph signings with three people I had really eager to meet: Chris Hero and The Briscoe’s. I first went into the line to meet Chris Hero. I had been a fan of Hero after watching him wrestle Low Ki at PWG in 2008. (Another great company btw). I complimented him on that match and he told me that it was one of his hardest matches he's ever been in. I thanked him for wrestling and putting his body on the line every night. He looked at me and told me no thank you for supporting me and making me love this business. Got to love this guy!

Up next I got to meet one of the best tag teams out there: The Briscoe’s. When I tell you guys (and gals) they are straight from the south, they are. We talked a little about how tag team wrestling is better in ROH than anywhere else. Jay commended me on my t-shirt. I guess he's a fan of punk. Another great meeting.

After the meetings, we went to our seats. The seats were awesome and ROH does a great job of getting everyone involved in the matches. A lot of the matches were good to great but there were two matches that have stuck in my mind since that day. The first was a match that involved my personal favorite wrestler in all of wrestling: Kevin Steen. This guy had the entire arena eating out of the palms of his hand. He had us laughing and cheering him, even though he was a heel. The best part of the match was when he was messing with this guy in the front row. He looked at the guy and asked him if he wanted a kiss. The guy obliged and laughed at him thinking he wouldn’t do anything. Kevin then grabbed the guy and kissed him right on the lips. It was awesome and one of the best moments I've seen in wrestling.

The other match which I remember to this day would be the main event: The ROH World Champion Davey Richards vs. The ROH Television Champion Jay Lethal. The match that followed was 25 minutes of awesome action. An arena that was filled with maybe a couple hundred people, these two guys told a story that had me on the edge of my seat for 25 glorious minutes.

The one of the reasons I like ROH and other indie promotions so much, is that they do this every night they have a show. Wrestling like I saw is why I love this business. If you take anything away from this blog, its give your indie promotions a chance. I promise you, you won't be disappointed.

I hope you guys enjoyed my first blog post. Feel free to comment, leave any criticism or just what you liked about the blog. There will be more to come. Thanks guys!

Submit "The Shadow Effect: My first Ring of Honor Show" to Digg Submit "The Shadow Effect: My first Ring of Honor Show" to del.icio.us Submit "The Shadow Effect: My first Ring of Honor Show" to StumbleUpon Submit "The Shadow Effect: My first Ring of Honor Show" to Google

Comments

I'm glad you support independent wrestling and WWE. There's room in our hearts for all of them. I live in Southern California, so PWG is a staple in my diet and my favorite organization because they basically book the all-stars of the indy world. Thanks for the blog. Btw, if you want to explore more independents, Dragon Gate USA is running a $1.99 iPPV on http://www.wwnlive.com on March 30th. They are willing to lose money just to pick up new viewers. They have an amazing line-up. Please check them out.
    Updated 02-27-2012 at 12:59 AM by Itchypanda
    Unfortunately I can't have these indies..so have to suffice with what ever WWE n TNA is giving...n now thanks to RKK we got 3rd promotion to look forward!!
    I too recently fell in love with the ROH product & desperately hope they get a better tv deal cause I live in Philly as well & would love to see more of this great company. I wish I could have seen Jay & Davey's match(I know it was awesome). I buy the DVD's & have been totally impressed with what I've seen. Hope to see you at the next show, in Philly.
    @itchypanda I have heard about the deal. I haven't really gotten into Dragon gate USA but I guess now is a great time to start. That deal is awesome.

@sahu that's a bummer man. But roh has a great online website where you can sign up for free I might add and watch their shows when they are put on the website. The tv show has great wrestling and it beats out wwe for me. I still love wwe though.

@the phantom menace I hope they do get a better deal but until then I'll watch the shows online.you missed an awesome show dude. And yea I also hope to see you at the next Philly show
    @sahu that's a bummer man. But roh has a great online website where you can sign up for free I might add and watch their shows when they are put on the website. The tv show has great wrestling and it beats out wwe for me. I still love wwe though.
    ThanX bro...I'll try that way out!!!

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.