View RSS Feed

THEKEVINBRAND

Is WWE trying to kill kayfabe?

Rate this Entry
So apparently the reason why Eva Marie was smiling and laughing on her way to the back after her elimination at WWE's Survivor Series pay-per-view is because they are now teaching talents that if they are on the babyface side, when they leave the ring they should smile and engage the fans and play their character, not sell the loss.

So let me get this straight: if a babyface got screwed in a match, got powerbombed through 2 tables and lost a title, he or she must still smile once the match is over? Really?

That is literally the worst thing I have ever heard.
If you get emotionally invested in a match, and the talent just play it off like it's nothing to them when they lose, then what's the point?

Just imagine how different the feeling of big matches would've been this if they taught this earlier.

Imagine Shawn Michaels smiling and laughing back in 2010 after being eliminated from the Royal Rumble since he wanted to face The Undertaker so bad.

Or The Undertaker smiling or laughing after losing the title at Elimination Chamber 2010.

What a ridiculous idea!

Seriously what am I watching, WWE or Mister Rogers' Neighbourhood?

I am sick and tired of WWE trying to micromanage their talent into the ground. I hope that someone with deep pockets and a passion for wrestling picks up TNA and raids the roster.

WWE's been resting on their laurels for too long and this crap, plus the "don't call it a belt" crap is a byproduct of being the only game in town. If Vince gets the wild idea to have performers wear nothing but socks, underwear, and a yellow top hat, he'd do it. Just because he can and he knows the staff will fall in line.

Competition. Needed. Badly.

Rant over.

Submit "Is WWE trying to kill kayfabe?" to Digg Submit "Is WWE trying to kill kayfabe?" to del.icio.us Submit "Is WWE trying to kill kayfabe?" to StumbleUpon Submit "Is WWE trying to kill kayfabe?" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

wwe didn't kill keyfave. Keyfabe killed keyfabe. But seriouslly. WWE didn't do a thing to it. Keyfabe was killed the moment the internet was created. Before the internet you had no way of knowing what was going on backstage at events, what the creative team or even vince were thinking of doing. When you saw a couple on TV you thought they were really going out. Thanks to wikipedia, dirt sheets, twitter, reality tv, keyfabe is lost. WWE didn't do a thing but adapt to the changing times. The world doesn't want make pretend. They want "real" which is why Total Divas is so popular. Why this website is so popular. Why "Pipe Bombing" is so popular. The only way true keyfabe can come back is if dirt sheets and twitter vanish from this world and that's not gonna happen.
    I agree and disagree.............yes people want real, but not to the point where it cheapens the product. If you watch a movie or drama on TV you know that your ultimately watching actors and its not a"Real"........but that doesn't mean at the end of the scene you want those same actors to turn around and congratulate each other for some great acting. That would be riddiculous because it breaks your immersion in the story being told.

Yes people are interested in "Whats really going on" but lately I do believe WWE are taking it too far. If you're telling a story then tell the story. Keep Wrestling simple and true to its roots..........these guys are fighting, they don't like each other, and they want to win.............thats what fans find entertaining.............as opposed to being constantly told "I come out here every week to entertain you"

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.