View RSS Feed

ATS917

Top 5 Best Cell Matches

Rate this Entry
Since, now at WM, Triple H and Taker will now end their era together in a Hell in a Cell match. So here is, in my opionion, the best cell matches of all time.

No. 5: Armagedden 6-Man-Cell-Match: Kurt Angle, Rikishi, Undertaker, Steve Austin, Triple H, and The Rock

Some very great action in this match all over the place. Of course the highlight being Rikishi's being chokeslammed from the top of the cell into the bed of the truck filled with straw. Kurt Angle retained his title and kept it from all other 5 combatants. I remember his promos leading up to this match and I legitimately marked out when he kept the title. Great match but a little two much action to focus on. 3.5/5 stars.

No. 4: Badd Blood 2004 - Triple H vs Shawn Michaels

Just an all out blood bath between these two. After Shawn came back from his 4 year wrestling absence, I was unsure if he could hold up to his former in ring ability. My worries proved to be unwarranted. After the Summerslam 2002 match between the two, which I consider one of the best matches of all time, I knew that Shawn was back and back in a big way. This was a final nail in a coffin that would be sealed. That seems to be coming re-opened as Shawn now (in 2012) seems to be pushing all of Hunter's buttons at this point. But We'll see. Loved this. 4/5

No. 3: No Mercy 2002 - Brock Lesnar vs Undertaker for WWE Championship

This match was absolutely Brock's entry stamp on the WWE he came in and just dominated everything. The promos for this were excellent from Taker. Saying how Brock was stepping into something that he had created. Taker and Brock had some awesome back and forth in this match and honestly, my favorite part of the match was Brock hitting Taker with the stairs and seeing Taker's head bounce of the stairs for real. I cringed from the sight of that shot. This cemented Brock's place in WWE for me. Excellent match. 4.5/5 stars

No. 2: King Of The Ring 1998 - Mick Foley vs Undertaker

This is probably everone's first choice for first but you'll see why I didn't do that. This match was a basically a displayance of how much punishment a human body can take. Mick Foley is a freaking God. When he climbed to the top of the cage at the start, I automatically thought that someone was going through the cell. I was right...but not immediately. As everyone knows now, Foley went crashing 16 feet off the top the cell into the announce table. Then got up, ascended the cage again and was chokeslammed through the cell. Good lord, this man is immortal. Mick then got the tacks out and was backdropped into them and proceeded to wallow in them. But truthfully, there wasnt nearly enough back and forth, but still an epic confrontation. ANYONE WHO SAYS THAT WRESTLING IS FAKE, WATCH THIS MATCH! 4.75/5 Stars.

No. 1 No Way Out 2000 - Triple H vs Mick Foley. If Mick lost, he must retire.

This match stands as one of my favorites of all time. From hardcore to actually wrestling. Of course the most famous part of this match was when Mick attempted the piledriver and H countered and backdropped him through the cell and "breaking" the ring. Just an absolutely outstanding match. 5/5 stars

Honorable mention: Shawn Michaels Vs Undertaker Badd Blood 1997.

Love this match. Especially the debut of Kane, and the chair shot to the pro-ceeding light dimming to the erie music starting excellent way to bring Kane into the business.

Thanks guys! Comment and tell me what you think!

Submit "Top 5 Best Cell Matches" to Digg Submit "Top 5 Best Cell Matches" to del.icio.us Submit "Top 5 Best Cell Matches" to StumbleUpon Submit "Top 5 Best Cell Matches" to Google

Updated 03-02-2012 at 12:22 PM by Frank

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Nice list, but surprised you didn't include the first, which in my opinion is the best one. Good read nonetheless!
    I love the list - Michaels-Taker - the very first HIAC should be included. That, in my opinion, would be #1. But all the ones you mentioned were very good Cell matches.
    Very good list, but in my opinion Undertaker vs Mankind King Of The Ring 1998 would be my number 1. It had to be one of the most remembered matches in my life. It was a crazy match. I cringed through the whole thing.

I was literally screaming in my head..."STOP THE F*CKING MATCH!! WHY ISN'T SOMEONE STOPPING THIS MATCH?! I CAN'T BELIEVE ANYONE ISN'T STOPPING THIS! I CAN'T BELIEVE THEY ARE GOING TO LET FOLEY CONTINUE! HE'S GONNA DIE!?"

Like I've said before great wrestling matches, is great wrestling matches, but put actual legitimate feelings and drama in it, on top of the that, then you have a legendary match.
    gr8 list and even my personal pick would be Mankind Vs UT as #1...

n as everyone else said...HBK Vs UT should have made the list...but, ur list is also gr8...
    Updated 03-03-2012 at 12:14 PM by Sahu

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.