View RSS Feed

knox

List of Wrestlers Better than CM Punk

Rating: 11 votes, 1.55 average.
Hey guys Knox here, hope all is well folks. I've really had an issue lately with Punk's "Best in the World" gimmick simply because he's not the best in the world. Not trying to bash Punk but it is what it is. When Bret Hart was "The Best there is, the best there was and the best their ever will be", we truly believed that. But we all know Cm Punk is not the best in the world.

Now I know this site is full of the typical internet Cm Punk fanboys but I just wanted to make a modest blog listing the wrestlers from the major companies whom I feel are better than Cm Punk. I know this will draw negative heat but it has to be said. The Best in the World is a very serious gimmick to play with, you can't just give the thing to any person with a solid buzz & fan base.

My Issue With Punk:
My true issue with Cm Punk is his ego. I dislike the way he carries himself as this big mouth prick. Before his huge push, he was a very humble guy outside the ring and now that he has a little buzz, he thinks he can say anything the hell he wants. That bothers me but maybe that's just me.

As far as "The Best in the World". Cm Punk is an amazing talent, he's awesome. But he certainly does botch alot. I remember the big match against Cena at Money in the Bank. Everyone was ready to bash Cena but at the end of the day Cena pulled out 10 new moves and the only two botches in the match came from Punk.

I feel like Punk needs to worry about selling Wrestlemania and not selling a stupid feud with an R&B singer. Your the face of the company for now. Be professional and carry yourself as the champ.

Criteria:
I'm not basing this list off star power. This list will be strictly WHO'S BETTER THAN CM PUNK IN THE RING. Not mic skills, World Titles or anything other than STRICTLY IN THE RING.

List of Wrestlers Better than Cm Punk:

WWE:

Rey Mysterio
Chris Jericho
Daniel Bryan
William Regal
Dolph Ziggler
Tyson Kid
Seth Rollins (Tyler Black) (FCW)

TNA:

Austin Aries
Kurt Angle
Christopher Daniels
AJ Styles
Chris Sabin
Alex Shelley
Eric Young

Disclaimer:
Once again, not bashing Cm Punk. This is just a serious gimmick calling yourself the "Best in the World". It works for Jericho because he has the overall talent, and the experience of pretty much wrestling every major wrestler in this business.

Jericho has danced in the ring with the likes of Booker T, Stone Cold, The Rock, Dean Malenko, Rey Mysterio, Eddie Guerrero, Juventude Guerrera, Undertaker, Kane, Kurt Angle, Triple H and pretty much every great. He has earned the right to use that staple as "Best in the World at What I do".

The True Wrestler who should have the "Best in the World Gimmick"?
You ask me this 5 years ago and I would say Kurt Angle. But this is a new day & age and even Angle will tell you he's not any longer but he will always be one of the greatest ever.

In this day & age from WWE & TNA, I would have to give the "Best in the World" tag line to Daniel Bryan for the WWE & AJ Styles for TNA. These are the two guys that literally are the best wrestlers from any major promotion. I feel like the gimmick would best fit them.

Conclusion:
For the 8th time, this is not a blog bashing Cm Punk. Just had to clarify some guys who clearly outshine him in the ring. We can't blame Cm Punk. Who wouldn't accept that gimmick? Cm Punk is indeed in the ranks for the best overall superstar when it comes to drawing power, wrestling, mic skills and overall charisma. But if we're talking pure wrestling, there's a bus load of guys better than him.

Thanks guys for reading, I appreciate the support and feedback I get on my blogs. Be safe. Until then.

Submit "List of Wrestlers Better than CM Punk" to Digg Submit "List of Wrestlers Better than CM Punk" to del.icio.us Submit "List of Wrestlers Better than CM Punk" to StumbleUpon Submit "List of Wrestlers Better than CM Punk" to Google

Updated 03-02-2012 at 01:42 AM by Frank

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    I'll agree 100% on A.J Styles & I know Brian Danielson is one of the most credible on earth but I haven't got my ROH library up too my collection standards to really make a call on Brian(we all know he'll never really get the chance to showcase his skills in WWE). Very true about what you've said about Punks ego getting the better of him(for real). I've followed his career for many years & even when he's been a heel he was'nt as big a prick as he's been acting lately.
    Gee, did this anti Punk blog come from a Chris Brown fan?
    Best Wrestler in the world was born from Punks hate of being called a entertainer and superstar, remember when everyone marked out at the fact he described himself as a wrestler? Na, we dont want to bring that up, or do we want to point out that its a personal judgement call on who we indiviually think is the best pro-wrestler? Na.
    Un-scripted one liner, turned gimmick, turned into storyline, prolonged into a feud we all want to see Punk vs Jericho. Good line, Sold T-Shirts, got people buzzing about Jericho feud, will sell pay-per-view. Great Marketing for a single line.
    BTW Best in the world at what I do, is Wolverines line from the 90s.
    Also dont let a woman basher get away so easy, he did the crime, has he really done the time, guess thats a matter for ones personal moral standards.
    When you say Rey Mysterio, i suggest you mean the Rey Mysterio from like 6-7 years back? If we look at the current statusses of all the wrestlers i couldn't agree any less with you. Mysterio is now-a-days overrated and living of his (wel earned though) legacy. Since his knees collapes he hasn't been in the shape he used to be. You also have Dolph Ziggler in the list, what makes me wonder on what timeline you decide your opinion. I don't know if you looked many CM Punk matches from his ROH time. If you did, i would have to call you a Zigglermark, since CM Punk had much great matches in the ROH.
    I found it quite pleasant to see William Regal included in the list, since he is one of the most underrated, underutilized wrestlers in the WWE.
    But besides Rey and Ziggler, good list and it was a good read. Keep it up!
    Orton and Christian are superior too, maybe even Barrett.

You're totally right btw.
    Some of those on the list might be debatable, but honestly dude? Eric Young? I have seen him be modestly decent in the ring, but nothing warranting his addition on this list.

I'm not trying to nitpick here, but two of the last blogs I remember you posting here have been full of "This is NOT an anti-Punk blog..." and then later turning around and bringing up his argument with Brown into a blog supposedly about who is better in the ring than the guy. Plus, the only evidence you give of anyone being better than Punk is that Jericho has wrestled a bunch of really good wrestlers. Andre the Giant wrestled a bunch of really talented wrestlers in his day, but that doesn't make him a great pure wrestler.
    So when do we get the blog for why Chris Brown deserves to be world champion?
    No. Lol. Just...no. Eric Young, future HOF, Future WWE Champion! Surprised you don't have Santino on this list, him and EY are the BEST Technical Wrestlers out there, nobody comes close. Just messing with you man, Punk has two 5 Star matches as rated by Dave Meltzer, if he couldn't wrestle, he wouldn't have those. Styles, Bryan, I can get them being on Punk's level if not above as far as in ring work, the rest I don't agree with.
    Updated 03-02-2012 at 07:58 AM by Krow132
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.