View RSS Feed

TAJIRI

Memphis Wrestling Revisited

Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Growing up in West Tennessee in the early 80's there was only one wrestling promotion you watched. CWA and USWA were the big Memphis promotions over the years and the USWA for years was widely considered the #3 promotion in the 80's to mid 90's behind the WWF and WCW. The Memphis territory had all the stars of the time come through at one time or another. Jerry Lawler (of course), Jeff Jarrett, Bill Dundee, Randy Savage, Terry Funk, Rick Rude, Koko B. Ware, Kane, The Undertaker, Mr. Perfect, Bam Bam Bigelow, Sid Vicious, Dutch Mantel, Kamala, and many others made Memphis their home. Some for decades, working both in Memphis and WWE or WCW, and some just working the territory off and on. Memphis was also where you saw tag team wrestling at it's best. The Fantastics, Badd Company, PG-13, The Mondogs, The Rock N' Roll Express, the RPM's, The Fabulous One's, and others put on the best tag team wrestling I ever saw.

I would like to start posting a video, hopefully every week, that shows what we had to look forward to every Saturday morning from the studio's of Channel 5. With Lance Russell and Dave Brown on commentary you knew you were always in for a treat. This week I have a wild brawl between King Kong Bundy, Rick Rude, Jerry Lawler, and Randy Savage. The stuff that happened in Memphis is stuff you could never see on WWE today. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxWLLrwv4w8&feature=related

Submit "Memphis Wrestling Revisited" to Digg Submit "Memphis Wrestling Revisited" to del.icio.us Submit "Memphis Wrestling Revisited" to StumbleUpon Submit "Memphis Wrestling Revisited" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Thank you. I was only just watching the first Tupelo concession stand brawl last night, people forget how awesome Memphis used to be
    Thankyou very much...since, I can't see indy promotions..I'll follow your Memphis wrestling revisited to see some gud wrestling!!

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.