View RSS Feed

MR Boss

WBC#3:Greatest Triple Threat Matches

Rate this Entry
[B]Hi everyone, for the first time in WBC history we have a Triple Threat! I don't mean the topic we actually have 3 opponents going against each other. It's WBC Champion Bearkg88 vs Renevious vs Callum. The reason behind this is last week was a tie between Bearkg88, and Renevius, so I am willing to give both of them a second chance. You vote which list you like the best out of the three of them in the comment section.

[/B][ATTACH=CONFIG]1588[/ATTACH][B]
Greatest Triple Threat Matches

Bearkg88 List
[/B]Hello again everyone. First off, I want to thank everyone who voted for me in the last WBC, and for those that didn't, well I know when you see my list for the top 3 triple threat matches.

Now the topic at hand is triple threat matches. I for one love them. I think they can provide a unique variable to feuds that have gone on for a while, I think they can freshen up a feud that has become stale. Lastly, they can just give us an amazing combination of wrestlers put together, that you don't get in 1 on 1 matches. My first PPV that I went to see in person was Armageddon 2007, when it was in Pittsburgh PA. I went with a buddy from work and it was phenomenal. The reason I bring this PPV up, is not because of some of the great matches on the card, I bring it up for the main event of Batista vs Edge vs The Undertaker. For those that don't remember, it had the first time appearance of Zack Ryder and Curt Hawkins as Edgeheads, and Edge walking away as the World Heavyweight Champion. Now, that was a great match IMO. So yes, I think triple threat matches are great.

On to the last topic before I get to my top three, do I think triple threat matches should be used more often in WWE. Yes and no. Look at gimmick PPVs. HIAC, MITB, Fatal Fourway, Elimination Chamber, Extreme Rules. They are all PPVs where you know you are guaranteed to get some kind of gimmick match. Is that truly a bad thing? No. But, I feel if the WWE had just regular PPVs, with only one gimmick match per PPV, it might help add an aura of surprise to feuds. Back to the point of triple threats. To me, I would like to see Triple Threat matches occur on PPVs, 1 to 2 times a year, and on weekly shows of SD and Raw, like maybe 4 to 6 times a year. Things like this, shouldn't be throwaways that are used because creative doesn't know what to do and wants to try and salvage something at the last minute. These should be build up, and I think my top 3, you will see, were all build up and utilized properly. Lets get on to the list.

[B]#3 Survivor Series 2009
WWE Championship
Shawn Michaels vs John Cena(c) vs HHH[/B]
[IMG]http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_UgbFRtc9UaU/Swp_EBUYU1I/AAAAAAAAAAk/WZRTMWd-_qw/s1600/12274478.jpg[/IMG]
When I was first told about what would be the choice for the next WBC, I already knew which I would pick for the top 2, but I couldn't put my finger on #3. So I started watching clips, and reading different reviews, and I came across something I almost forgot about. This triple threat match from 2 years ago. This match to me, was amazing for three simple reasons. HHH, HBK, and John Cena. I am a huge HBK and HHH mark, and think they are two of the best to ever step in the ring, plus with the fact that they were running high as DX again, I found the idea of this match interesting. Little did I expect within the first 30 seconds of the match, I would be sitting at the edge of my seat going "HOLY SHIT! DID THAT JUST HAPPEN!?!?!" For those who have seen this match, they know what I am talking about. HBK super kicking HHH out of the ring as soon as the bell rings. I also liked the finish in having HHH getting hit with SCM, only for HBK to get hit with the Attitude Adjustment from Cena and Cena pinning HHH for the win. While I would have preferred HHH or HBK to walk away with the win, I thoroughly enjoyed this match.

[B]#2 Wrestlemania 20
World Heavyweight Championship
HHH(c) vs HBK vs Chris Benoit.[/B]
[IMG]http://royalrumbler.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/triple-h-vs-shawn-michaels-vs-chris-benoit.jpg[/IMG]
Now, before I go into this, I am not going to focus so much on the build up to each of these matches, but more so on what occured in each match to make it so memorable. The first thing that stuck out to me was that this was the first time a triple threat match had been contested at WM for the WHC. The next thing, was the people in the match. 2 out of 3 had held the World Heavyweight title, and 1 was hungrier than anyone else for it. This match, was gold. As soon as HBK and Benoit started going blow for blow, move for move at the start of the match, I was as far as I could be on the edge of my seat without falling on my ass. My first mark out moment in the match was when HBK did the moonsault off the top rope on to Benoit and HHH on the outside. Add in the fact you had JR and the King calling this match, which I feel really helped as to me these two are the best on commentary together. I thought it was amazing how into the match the crowd was. Watching HBK nail a german suplex on Benoit to a chorus of boos, only for Benoit to counter into a german suplex of his own to a chorus of cheers. The next part that stuck out to me, was when Benoit sunk in the crossface to HBK, and as HBK was about to tap, you have HHH grabbing his arm and saving the match. The next epic moment for me in this match was when HBK and HHH teamed up to suplex Benoit from the spanish announce table, through the SD announce table. Another moment in the match that was gold to me, was when Benoit had HHH in the sharpshooter, and(keep in mind HHHs selling of this move was priceless), watching as HHH was about to tap, and HBK comes in to nail SCM on Benoit and keep the match going. The finish of this match to me was the best. HBK getting dumped to the outside of the ring after missing SCM on Benoit, Benoit countering the pedigree into the crossface(remember when people put submissions on, instead of tapping in 5 seconds, they'd fade away and the ref would do a check with the arm, they should do that more), Benoit rolling through HHHs counter of the crossface to keep the crossface locked in and The Game tapping. All of these moments I've mentioned I feel made this match golden, and a 5 star match. This match was definitely the match of the night at Wrestlemania 20.

[B]#1 Unbreakable
X Division Championship
AJ Styles vs Christopher Daniels(c) vs Samoa Joe[/B]
[IMG]http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSHOUkMgVMIicxd9tmct4ekIae7Y3JJqypleEc5SLg9n22VVFZ3Zg&t=1[/IMG]
Now at this time, I didn't really watch TNA mainly because I think at the time it was on some other channel that I didn't get, but I remember reading about this match, and just how amazing it was. So what did i do? I got on the internet and watched this and needless to say, this match was amazing! you had Styles, who was simply put, phenomenal, Samoa Joe who at the time was undefeated, and Christopher Daniels who at the time was the longest reigning X Division champion. Let's get into the moments of this match, that to me, made it gold. Right off the bat, it was AJ Styles and Samoa Joe going at Daniels, seeing who could land the moves better, trading kicks, and chops, watching Daniels getting up screaming "stop kicking me!" only to be double kicked down, just awesome. Daniels doing the double move of enzuigiri on Joe and a bulldog on Styles. The next moment that made me go "OH!" was when Styles went to nail Joe, only to be caught midair and nailed with a body to body suplex, followed up by Daniels nailing the split legged moonsault off the top rope to Joe on the outside, followed up by the shooting star press by Styles on to the outside of Joe and Daniels. Just holy shit moment after holy shit moment after holy shit moment, and they were only a fourth of the way into the match! The next OMG/Holy shit moment would be when Daniels did the monkey flip out of the corner on styles, sending styles into Joe, and it looked like Joe was going to go for a powerbomb, only for Styles to counter into a hurricarana. The next moment being Styles nailing the spiral tap on Joe and Daniels to break up Joes submission move. The next moment would be the series of moves between Daniels and Styles that led to them being on the outside, following up with Joe doing a massive dive to take them both out. I could keep going on about more moments in this match, but for those that haven't seen it, I am not doing this match justice. I highly recommend anyone who wants to see an amazing match to watch this. This match is easily the #1 triple threat match of all time, and truly shows what great wrestling is.

All right everyone, those are the top 3 triple threats of all time in my opinion. If you guys agree with me, make sure to definitely vote for me. Until then, adios![B]

Callum List
[/B][COLOR=#333333][FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]This is my first time on WBC and it's on Triple Threats, so I'll start off with the questions.

[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][SIZE=3][COLOR=#333333][FONT=Verdana][FONT=Calibri][B]How do you feel about Triple Threat matches?
[/B]I enjoy triple threat matches a lot depending on whose in it. The 3 matches I have chosen all involve great technical wrestlers who can put on a great match. I also prefer the triple threat matches with exciting spots and near falls. So in answer to the question, yes I enjoy triple threat matches for the most part.

[B]Do you think they should be used more often in WWE?[/B][/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]
[COLOR=#333333][FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]Yes, it wouldbe nice if they used them more particularly in championship matches (I know there have been two recently but they were both gimmick matches as well). It also has to depend on the participants, as an example I have no interest in watching Mark Henry vs Big Show vs Bryan but I enjoyed the Punk/Del Rio/Miz match. I'd also like to see more tag team triple threat matches like the one on raw.[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][B]

[SIZE=3][B][COLOR=#333333][FONT=Verdana][FONT=Calibri][B]3. Armageddon 2008
[/B][/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR][/B][/SIZE][/B][SIZE=3][COLOR=#333333][FONT=Verdana][FONT=Calibri][B]Jeff Hardy vs Edge vs Triple H [/B]
This match had a great build leading up to it and the end result was great. It had some good spots like when Edge speared Jeff through the other announce table. The match was exciting from star to end and I didn't mind the kozlov inteference. The match also had some decent technical wrestling in it as expected from those three and Jeff Hardy winning his first wwe championship was also a plus.
[/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][B][B][B][SIZE=3][COLOR=#333333][FONT=Verdana][FONT=Calibri][B]2. Vengance 2002
[/B][/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][/B][/B][SIZE=3][COLOR=#333333][FONT=Verdana][FONT=Calibri][B]The Undertaker vs Kurt Angle vs The Rock[/B]
I wasn't sure whether to place this 2nd or 3rd on my list but I'd say it was equally as good as no3.
It started out as if it was going to be a typical triple threat match where two wrestlers faced off in the ring whilst the third rested somewhere but it got better overtime. There were plenty of exciting near falls and i liked how they all stole each others finishing moves. The crowd was also really into it which helped.
[/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][B][B][B][B][SIZE=3][COLOR=#333333][FONT=Verdana][FONT=Calibri][B]1. Wrestlemania 20
[/B][/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][/B][/B][/B][SIZE=3][COLOR=#333333][FONT=Verdana][FONT=Calibri][B]HHH vs Chris Benoit vs HBK
[/B][/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][video=youtube;cV4MbwE6djI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cV4MbwE6djI[/video][SIZE=3][COLOR=#333333][FONT=Verdana][FONT=Calibri]
This match had everything in my opinion, a great build up, great technical wrestling and a great ending. This match is not just the best triple threat match of all time its one of the best Wrestlemania matches of all time. So without a doubt this this is top of my list. It had some great near falls and when Eddie Guerro came out at the end to congratulate Benoit it finished off this match perfectly for me.

Honourable Mentions
Mankind vs Triple H vs Stone Cold Steve Austin
Chris Benoit vs Kurt Angle vs Chris Jericho
Daniel Bryan vs The Miz vs John Morrison [/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]

[SIZE=3][COLOR=#333333][FONT=Verdana][FONT=Calibri]Thanks for reading![/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]

[B][B]
Renevious List
[/B][/B][COLOR=#333333][FONT=Verdana]Top 3 Triple Threat Matches[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#333333][FONT=Verdana]Hey guys, Renevious here again. I want to start by saying thanks for the votes last week, and hopefully you guys will like what you read here as well. With that being said, let's get started:[/FONT][/COLOR]

[B][COLOR=#333333][FONT=Verdana]3. Y2J, Chris Benoit, Kurt Angle (Wrestlemania 2000). [/FONT][/COLOR][/B]
[COLOR=#333333][FONT=Verdana]Now first I want to start by saying that this Wrestlemania as a whole was pretty much poo poo. WWF was about as popular as it has ever been in history, and this event had the potential to just bring down the house. Unfortunately, they tried to make every match some type of triple threat, fatal four way, or some other gimmick, and it just didn't work. Despite the overall disappointment of the night as a whole, there were a couple of gems. The triple threat match that was for both the IC and the European titles was one of them. Now I know some people might still feel a little weird about including Benoit in any of these types of lists, but all of this was years before that tragic event, and this isn't what this blog is about. It's strictly about wrestling matches. And when it comes to wrestling, this match in particular was pure poetry. You had three of the greatest in-ring workers of all time, and they were fighting for two titles at the same time. Kurt Angle walked in with double gold and walked out with no gold. It was pure excitement from beginning to end. Not to mention the historical significance of this match being the first Wrestlemania appearance of all three of these icons, and they all delivered. And if you really want to see how much pure wrestling took place in this match, play this little drinking game. Take a shot every time someone does a suplex. I can almost guarantee you won't last the entire 20 minutes, lol. [/FONT][/COLOR]

[B][COLOR=#333333][FONT=Verdana]2. HBK, HHH, Chris Benoit (Wrestlemania 20). [/FONT][/COLOR][/B]
[COLOR=#333333][FONT=Verdana]Here's another Wrestlemania that was overall a big letdown. We saw Lesnar/Goldberg in a snoozefest immediately followed by Kane/Undertaker 2 where the intro lasted longer and was better than the match. Then finally one of the greatest matches I've ever seen to close the show. It was everything we could've hoped for and then some. These three guys more or less killed each other in and around the ring. HBK and HHH looked like horror movie victims by the end of it, and the finish to the match was so epic it gave me goosebumps. To see Chris Benoit lock HHH into the cross face and then have HHH make it to the ropes, only for Benoit to roll over backwards with the hold still applied and force HHH to tap out...Geez! That was awesome. The whole time leading up to this match was almost all about the hype of the feud between HHH and HBK, and Benoit was sort of an afterthought. We didn't honestly think he would do the impossible, but seeing him win that belt and then celebrate in the ring with Eddie and his WWE title was a moment that will forever have me choked up. If you're a fan of true wrestling and superior in ring ability, this was one of the greatest moments of all time. We finally got to see two of the best that we never thought would be world champions both at the top of the world. [/FONT][/COLOR]

[B][COLOR=#333333][FONT=Verdana]1. Dudleys, Hardys, Edge & Christian (TLC 2 Wrestlemania X-Seven). [/FONT][/COLOR][/B]
[COLOR=#333333][FONT=Verdana]I'm not going to lie to you. Deciding which of these matches was going to be number one and which one was going to be number two was not easy. But when it's all said and done, nothing can top TLC 2. I mean damn, just damn. What can I possibly say about this match that hasn't already been said a thousand times? To this day, it's still the standard for which all of these matches are judged. It was so awesome, it eventually got its own pay per view. The clip with Edge jumping off of the ladder to spear Jeff Hardy, who was hanging from the belt for dear life, is still incorporated into pretty much every single montage of extreme moments. Now the other two entries on this list were diamonds in the ruff, because they were awesome matches at pretty much bad pay per views. But TLC 2 was an amazing match at an amazing pay per view. Every single thing about Wrestlemania 17 was so off the chain, and this was just the icing on the perfect cake. But the one thing that really cemented this match's spot at number 1 is the fact that my friends and I were there live in Houston and got to see all that shit go down right before our very eyes. It was my first Wrestlemania to attend, and it was the greatest one of all time. Unbelievable.[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#333333][FONT=Verdana]And so in closing, I will answer the Boss's blog questions:[/FONT][/COLOR]
[B][COLOR=#333333][FONT=Verdana]
1. How do you feel about Triple Threat matches? [/FONT][/COLOR][/B]
[COLOR=#333333][FONT=Verdana]Well, despite the sheer awesomeness of the ones listed above, I'm actually not crazy about them. I actually much prefer when they were done back in ECW as the three way dance. Those matches went under elimination rules rather than first person to score a pinfall or submission wins. I think that makes the matches longer (which is usually not what WWE is going for), but it also makes them more exciting because it takes things all the way down to the wire. If you ever want an example of this is all its glory, look of any of the several three way dances between Super Crazy, Tajiri, and Little Guido back in the old ECW days. That stuff will blow you away.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[B][COLOR=#333333][FONT=Verdana]2. Do you think they should be used more often in WWE?[/FONT][/COLOR][/B]
[COLOR=#333333][FONT=Verdana]Not really. I like watching an actual feud and storyline build up and play out between two great competitors that eventually culminates in a quality one on one match. Bringing a third person into the mix usually takes away from the drama and the psychology of the match. Two's company and three's a crowd. Now that's not to say they don't still have a place as a good form of entertainment every now and then. I just rather not see them used for main events where titles are decided.[/FONT][/COLOR][FONT=Verdana][COLOR=#333333]
[/COLOR][/FONT][COLOR=#333333][FONT=Verdana]Thanks so much guys for reading. Once again, I hope you enjoyed it. God Bless.[/FONT]
[B]

[FONT=Verdana]Now it's what you guys have been waiting for, it is time to vote in the comment section who you think has the best Top 3 List, and deserves to be WBC Champion. Vote vote vote every vote counts trust me.[/FONT][/B]
[/COLOR]

Submit "WBC#3:Greatest Triple Threat Matches" to Digg Submit "WBC#3:Greatest Triple Threat Matches" to del.icio.us Submit "WBC#3:Greatest Triple Threat Matches" to StumbleUpon Submit "WBC#3:Greatest Triple Threat Matches" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Without A Doubt!!!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.