View RSS Feed

DK Wrestling Savior

The Abdominal Stretch: Big Time Demotions and WM Build Up

Rate this Entry
Hey wrestling fans. The Saviour here bringing you more fresh perspectives and new material the the blog board with my second installment of...

THE ABDOMINAL STRETCH!!!

This week, I wanna touch on a few of the major demotions that have evidently occurred. I also wanna discuss how I feel the WWE is handling the build up to Wrestlemania 28. So, let's get started.

It's no secret there are quite a few demotions happening in the WWE. I'm not sure if this is a result of poor drawing power in the past few months, or just a realization that some of today's most pushed stars, just aren't ready for the top spots. Either way, the demotions of Mark Henry, Dolph Ziggler, and The Miz come to mind.

Now, those who read my blogs regularly know that I've been very out-spoken about how I don't feel Ziggles is ready for the top. Somehow, I always get sucked into having this point reiterated, but I guess its a result of seeing all the blogs on here and there always being mention of how they wish Dolph Ziggler was main eventing. I've been contested on this point over and over and look what has happened? He got demoted. It looks like he will be part of a semi resurrected tag team division. In my opinion, its where he belongs. He's a slightly higher than low mid-carder, and the fact that he's been buried by top talent recently shows that the WWE sees the err in their ways in trying to push this guy any higher.

Mark Henry is one I cannot figure out. Did they make him the dominant champion just because he was never champ in his 15+ year career? Whatever the case is, he still draws decent heel heat and is still slightly in the picture. I don't think he deserves to be buried. They can do with him what they do with The Big Show. Have him teeter in the title picture, crush some people to prove he's next level, but just fall short being the top guy. Instead, he got squashed this past Monday and it was very sad to see. All for a short build toward The Big Show/Cody Rhodes feud and nothing to the Sheamus/Bryan feud. Very undeserving to make him go from World's Strongest Man, to World's Strongest Jobber.

Finally, The Miz. Talk about absolutely buried. What the hell happened between Survivor Series and now? He's now irrelevant in every sense of the word. While I've never given The Miz the biggest endorsement, I'm not sure this is the best thing. Who knows how long Jericho's gonna be around and The Rock is gone after WM. It'll be tough for us fans to really swallow a bunch of CM Punk/John Cena matches. The Miz would fit this role pretty good. And he can go either way. He can turn face and feud with a heel Cena, or he can be the next feud for Punk once Jericho runs back to play with Fozzy. It would be a lot better than seeing Albert Del Rio back in the picture.

BUILDING TOWARD WRESTLEMANIA

This year, the WWE is really spreading things out this year. We are just over 5 weeks away from Wrestlemania and we have four confirmed matches. Most likely 5 with The Big Show/Cody Rhodes. So, the $10 question is, what kind of a cluster *bleep* of a match are they going to throw everyone else into? Is it Money in the Bank? Is it a big tag match to determine the GM of both shows? Or are there other matches still to come. We could get a US Title Match...or maybe a Divas title match. Would they chance giving us a Tag Title Match?

With all the speculation aside, I want to talk about how they are building the main matches of this year's Wrestlemania. Clearly, The Rock did what he always does...gets the crowd to chant whatever he says, talks about worldwide trending *which I find very annoying*, and going on for 15-20 minutes. Everyone eats it up, but have you thought about what it would be like if The Rock was here every week? Would it be as great? I think his sporadic appearances are very good...for him. But I don't feel they're good for the feud. Cena has carried this feud on his shoulders. Would it kill The Rock to make a couple more Raw appearances and maybe even have Cena do a few remote "via satellite" appearances at The Rock's location?

I'm looking forward to HHH vs The Undertaker. I don't know why everyone is so down on this. But these two, in a Hell in a Cell...It's going to be great. Throw in HBK. Perfect "End of an Era" type match. However, this goes along with what I said about spreading things out too much. So now we may or may not get The Rock this coming Monday, but we're getting HBK, HHH, and Undertaker. So I guess we can expect high drama and high tension just like this past week with Cena and Dwayne.

The best build up of the night was Jericho and CM Punk. Another high drama, high tension spot to open the show this past Monday. They pinned Daniel Bryan and CM Punk in another match to push the Teddy Long/Johnny Ace feud. Jericho attacks him from behind. I also love the new Walls of Jericho. Very reminiscent of the original Walls of Jericho from the WCW days. For those who don't what I mean, when Jericho came to WWE, his Walls of Jericho was nothing more than a Boston Crab. But in WCW, he applied the move with such ruthlessness, just like he did against Kofi two weeks ago and Punk last week. It'll be interesting to see what happens next week. Really can't wait for this match.

Finally, this is more of something I think should happen, especially over the next 4 weeks. It is about Daniel Bryan. I think, in fact, I'm pretty sure Sheamus is going to win at Wrestlemania. It'll be a decent match. But Sheamus leaves WM as the champ. He's got more momentum than anyone else right now. So what should they do to put doubt in my mind? To put doubt in anyone else's mind who thinks like me? Have Daniel Bryan win legit matches, in legit fashion, over the next four weeks. Have him make Kofi, R Truth, Ted Dibiase, Ezekial Jackson, and Justin Gabriel all tap out in vicious fashion. Have him beat Orton with a pin, even if controversial. I think that would crack him out of his weasely sissy champion persona and make him truly legit. Suddenly, I wouldn't know for sure if Sheamus was going to win at WM. And that's the level you want this to be.

The WWE is going to break the buy out record for Wrestlemania this year. They can ill-afford to water this show down in anyway. I think they should make Daniel Bryan vicious. I think it should be high drama and tension from here on out. If it seemed like there was tension this past Monday, make this Monday even more. And next Monday even more than that. This is being billed as the biggest Wrestlemania in history. They can't let it be as bad as last year.

I hope everyone enjoyed reading The Abdominal Stretch. I look forward to your comments and opinions, as always. Do me a favor, if you read this blog, comment on it and let me know what you think of the format as well. All constructive criticism is welcome...good or bad.

Be Safe!

Submit "The Abdominal Stretch: Big Time Demotions and WM Build Up" to Digg Submit "The Abdominal Stretch: Big Time Demotions and WM Build Up" to del.icio.us Submit "The Abdominal Stretch: Big Time Demotions and WM Build Up" to StumbleUpon Submit "The Abdominal Stretch: Big Time Demotions and WM Build Up" to Google

Tags: wm 28
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Again another good blog from ya DK. I agreed with everything you said. While there is no doubt the match up between Db and Sheamus will be good, if between now and WM they just have DB pulling off crappy wins like he has in the past, I think it will hurt things more than anything else. Something else to consider, while Sheamus has been on a roll as of late, I think it would throw in a certain air of doubt if Sheamus can get the win if he lost a match heading to WM. Maybe even have DB help screw him out of a win or something. Anyways DK, good blog again bro! Looking forward to your next one
    Very good blog chap, and I agree with 99% of what you have said. I also like the format you have used, easy to understand and read. The only thing I disagree with is about Dolph Ziggler being nothing more than a mid carder or tag team filler. The guy has "it" and is a star in every sense of the word, from his look, to his attitude and to his in ring ability. I think 2012 will be a big year for Ziggler once Mania is over and done.
    Very good content here, got me thinking a good bit. I especially agree with your last comment about Daniel Bryan - I think he's got the potential to be a truly dangerous and ferocious submission wrestler.
    Am glad I'm not the only one who approved of the Walls Of Jericho becoming a Lion Tamer again instead of a boston crab

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.