View RSS Feed

pld459666

The WWE Talent TNA Could Poach

Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
First post so go easy guys.

I like that we have competition in the world of Professional Wrestling. I think it's healthy for business as it forces the creative teams for each promotion to continue to think of storylines that will grab our attention. It's up to the performers themselves to hold it for as long as they can (a lost art, but that's for another blog)

There are a few guys in TNA that I like that can be used in a varying ways. Roode being one. Styles being another. Bubba, the X Division, the Knockouts.

However I think we need a bit more diversity and I think importing a few names from the WWE would be major additions to the TNA Roster.

Sheamus - This is a pretty big man at 6'4" and 267. He's got a unique look and a decent set of skills in the ring as well as being average to above average on the stick. The problem is that he would tower over most of the competition in TNA aside from Matt Morgan and Abyss. He could easily fued with the likes of Crimson, Bubba Ray, Morgan, Roode just to name a few.

Wade Barrett - Here's another guy that would do well in TNA. He, along with Magnus (odd name for a guy from England) can form a more legit British Invasion sort of angle. Both are solid on their own, both are solid in the ring and on the mic so using them in different ways makes the partnership a match made in heaven. Again, his size and in ring skills make him flexible in terms of who he can fued with.

Dolph Ziggler - This kid has charisma, talent and a look. Immediately upon entering TNA he can get hooked up with Flair (for a very short period). The rub would be short, but long lasting in that Dolph would "steal" Flair's gmmick. I know they have tried to re-create the Horsemen in the past with varied degrees of failure, but none of those attempts had anyone that had the skill set and look of this kid. Again, it's a short association where Ziggler sends Flair packing.

Beth Phoenix and Natalya - These ladies are wrestlers and are wasting their time in the WWE where they do not want women wrestlers. They want pretty faces and jokes. Both would be able to do what they do best in TNA which is showcase their in ring skills as wrestlers. Granted the competition in terms of overall size is limited in TNA, but the flip side is that the actual in ring talent would more than make up for the lack of size in relation to Beth and Natalya.

Would very much like to hear what you folks think.

Thanks.

Submit "The WWE Talent TNA Could Poach" to Digg Submit "The WWE Talent TNA Could Poach" to del.icio.us Submit "The WWE Talent TNA Could Poach" to StumbleUpon Submit "The WWE Talent TNA Could Poach" to Google

Updated 02-29-2012 at 01:19 PM by Frank

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by DK Wrestling Savior
    Dude...Competition? You seriously call TNA Competition? You obviously didn't watch when there was WCW. THAT...was competition. TNA is minor leagues and they've accepted it. It's part of their issue.
    I go back to WCW before it was WCW.

Been watching wrestling since the late 70's and going to MSG every month in the early 80's.

I remember what the real competition was between WWF and WCW.

That said, TNA is the only other promotion in wrestling today that has a television deal, they are the biggest competition that WWE has and while that's not saying much, it's still competition.

WWE still forces the fired talent to sign a 90 day no compete contract and the only real major promotion listed on that contract is TNA. Why is that? If they are not real competition as you allude to, why the no compete?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.