View RSS Feed

silentq

Rebirth of the Tag Division

Rate this Entry
Second blog on here, so here goes my thoughts on this tag team match from Raw last night.

This tag team match is something that a lot of us have been craving for. A rebirth of the tag team division. (For those who didn't see the triple threat match for the titles, check it out)

This did 3 things that very well could rebirth this entirely lost division.

1. Legitimizes the Tag Team titles and Primo and Epico.
When the match was announced I was thinking, here we go Kofi and Truth are going to have a pointless title run. To my surprise, it did the exact opposite. They allowed Epico and Primo to not only defend and retain their titles on Raw, but they also beat 3 guys that were just in the EC, and the US champion. They beat some worthy talent, proving they are good.

2. Brings in new teams
I was talking to one of my buddies awhile ago and we both agreed Ziggles and Swagger should be doing a tag team thing. They could be a good heel team that runs around being all cocky and annoying. Last night they put them together. I loved that they not only have given us some new teams, but with legitimate wrestlers to boot. This is the birth that the division needs, new teams with guys people believe can be good.

3. Sets up a WM match
I don't know about you guys, but the Kane thing wasn't all that bad in my eyes. I feel like Kane coming out sets up a WM fatal four way for the titles. (possibly a ladder match) Look at it this way, Kane has always been in the hunt for tag titles, even as recent as last year with Big Show. Maybe Kane wants to win back the titles all by himself to prove he is the big red machine still. I see him interrupting the tag matches, dominating them, and eventually having a match set up for WM for the titles. The other guys of course won't want to just let him do this to them as well, so they are of course going to challenge for the titles as well. They could have this match in place of the MITB or along with it.

Sorry if I rambled a bit, but let me know what you guys think.

Submit "Rebirth of the Tag Division" to Digg Submit "Rebirth of the Tag Division" to del.icio.us Submit "Rebirth of the Tag Division" to StumbleUpon Submit "Rebirth of the Tag Division" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I don't see why not go out and get a bunch of tag teams from different countries to create heat towards the ones that arn't from the US. That would last a good length of time to add some more talent as months go along to create new tag teams.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatOne
    I don't see why not go out and get a bunch of tag teams from different countries to create heat towards the ones that arn't from the US. That would last a good length of time to add some more talent as months go along to create new tag teams.
    agreed, but please, no more French guys, the two that we had before were bad enough.
    totally agree with all this the tag division has bothered me for years, whatever happened to tag teams with two similar people instead of two random guys that you dont know what to do with, or team names, primo and epico give them a name, vicki's stable give them a name
    OK Blog but you do know that Ziggler and Swagger have teamed up a lot of times before Raw and even challenged Evan Bourne and Kofi Kingston for the Tag titles some time last year
    I commented on another thread about the disappointing state of the WWE tag team division.

Here it is: My opinion on why the Tag Team Division is so irrelevant is because the WWE has too many single titles and too many single stars.

If the WWE would unify a lot of their titles it would give some of the stars who were not really ready to be a singles champion a chance to be in a tag team.

Main augment I always hear to NOT unify the titles, is that if their are too many stars not to have as many championships that they do now in the WWE. Not true. If they placed a lot of their mid carders in tag teams it would resurrect the Tag Team Division. Not everybody was meant to be a singles star.

I'd love to see them resurrect the old school type Jim Crockett tag team cup tournament in the WWE. Call it the McMahon tag team cup tournament or something.

Too Many Singles Championship = Too many mediocre single stars and championships

Too many mediocre single stars and championships = Not enough Teams, thus it hurts the Tag Team Division.

The proof is in the current state to WWE Tag Team Division.

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.