View RSS Feed

Dubs

11 epic Raw matches of all time

Rate this Entry
Hello blog-readers. I have decided to count down the top 11 best matches that took place on Raw, WWE's flag-ship show! This is pretty much my first time doing a countdown blog and I'm excited to give my opinion on the top 11 Raw matches! Lets get down to it!

#11: Chris Benoit vs Shawn Michaels 2/16/04
On Raw, these two guys put on a classic. Chris Benoit and Shawn Michaels were great wrestlers so you knew they were going to give us a great performance. This was the first time they face off and this was during the time Chris Benoit was chasing after the World Heavyweight Title. These two only worked twice with each other. I wish that they could have worked with each other a little more. A feud between them would have been great to see.

#10: CM Punk vs Dolf Ziggler 11/21/2011
CM Punk and Dolf Ziggler always have good chemistry with each other but they put on an excellent performance. It was fast-paced and unpredictable. There is a reason why these two are considered one of the best wrestlers today and this match just proves it.

#9: Triple H vs Chris Benoit Iron Man match 7/26/04
This was Raw's 4th Iron Man match and a great one indeed. Triple H and Chris Benoit just beat the hell out of each other. Man, they had a lot of great matches between them and this is my favorite.

#8: Chris Jericho vs Triple H 4/17/2000
I LOVED this match. This match had me marking out the whole time. Chris Jericho and Triple H put on a great match. When Jericho pinned Triple H and when they announced Chris Jericho as the new WWE Champion, I almost fainted. lol It was a great moment. Too bad the win was reversed and Triple H kept is WWE Title. Anyways, great match by these two.

#7: The Rock vs Chris Jericho 10/30/2000
For those who say The Rock isn't a good wrestler, check this match out. Seriously, The Rock and Chris Jericho work great with each other. This is my favorite match between the two. Give this match a look. Its worth watching.

#6: Stone Cold vs Chris Benoit 5/28/01
Stone Cold defends his WWE Title against Chris Benoit in an awesome, technical match. People have always said Stone Cold wasn't a great technical wrestler which is far from the true. This match proves that Stone Cold can go technical with the best of them.

#5: Shelton Benjamin vs Shawn Michaels 2005
Shelton Benjamin, a rising star, was going up against one of the greatest performers in the business, Shawn Michaels. WWE gave these two a match, and the rest is history. This match was epic and Shawn Michaels superkicking Shelton Benjamin as Shelton jumped off the robes was amazing.

#4: Triple H & Stone Cold vs Chris Jericho & Chris Benoit 5/21/01
This is my favorite tag team match of all time. All four guys in this match were great wrestlers and putting these guys in a tag team match would make things even more awesome. Also, Triple H injured his quad but still competed in this match. That says a lot about Triple H. Bash him all you want, he knows how to put on a great match no matter what.

#3: John Cena vs Shawn Michaels 4/23/07
Whenever Shawn Michaels and John Cena face each other, you know you'll be in for a treat. This match was fantastic. This match was even voted the best match of 2007 by PWI. For the people who say Cena can't wrestle, check this match out and lets see if you'll have the same response.

#2: Bret Hart vs 123 Kidd 1993
This match is incredible. Bret Hart being the best wrestler to ever lace up a pair of boots against 123 Kidd who had loads of potential gave us a 5 star match. The crowd ate up every minute of this match and so did I.

#1: Owen Hart vs The British Bulldog 3/3/97
Words cannot explain how awesome this match was. This match was taped in Germany, which was for the European Championship. This match just proved how underrated Owen Hart and The British Bulldog was. If you wanna see a 5 star technical wrestling match, watch this match!

Give me your feed back guys and thanks for reading!

Submit "11 epic Raw matches of all time" to Digg Submit "11 epic Raw matches of all time" to del.icio.us Submit "11 epic Raw matches of all time" to StumbleUpon Submit "11 epic Raw matches of all time" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    All good matches. I remember another match that stood out to me, but I don't remember the date of it. It was Kurt Angle vs. Rob Van Dam, very entertaining. I'm sure it'll pop up on Youtube if you look for it. Good blog!
    No Taker vs Jeff Hardy how could that match not be on the list?
    hbk vs cena, probably one of my all time favorite matches
    Im not going to be a hater, i accept ur opinion but this match is just awesome look at this plz.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-koj9Uwdr4 (part 1)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWaEH...eature=related (part 2)
    Best RAW main event ever the crowd is very in to it. sry again
    Quote Originally Posted by Theicon
    No Taker vs Jeff Hardy how could that match not be on the list?
    No offense but that match wasn't exactly a classic IMO. It was a solid ladder match but nothing special.
    Quote Originally Posted by rhyno535
    Im not going to be a hater, i accept ur opinion but this match is just awesome look at this plz.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-koj9Uwdr4 (part 1)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWaEH...eature=related (part 2)
    Best RAW main event ever the crowd is very in to it. sry again
    I forgot about this match! Thanks for reminding me man!
    Quote Originally Posted by WrestlingNerd
    All good matches. I remember another match that stood out to me, but I don't remember the date of it. It was Kurt Angle vs. Rob Van Dam, very entertaining. I'm sure it'll pop up on Youtube if you look for it. Good blog!
    Kurt Angle vs RVD, eh? I have to check this match out!
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.