View RSS Feed

mizisawesome12345

Yes Sir,We Promised You A Great Event: WM 28 Card

Rate this Entry
Hey guys I am back with another blog before I start here is a bonus paragraph on Kane:

Is Kane Done?:
Well its true, the character has reached its end storyline wise. I think it was a great send-off just that Cena shouldn't have been the one to do it. We all know he has history with Undertaker and that would've been the more likable choice but I wish it would've ended in a more concrete way with Cena. How is an ambulance match going to end someone's career? It should've been a buried alive match imo. That has some sense of finality. Anyway, I think they might bring Kane back to work with other already established guys that have nowhere to go character wise like Randy Orton. He could keep pushing people to embrace the hate and when its all said and done WWE can find a guy worthy enough of putting the final nail in Kane's coffin. My pick is Sheamus. Hes one of the top faces and we all know hes going to win the heavyweight title so facing an established heel would really take things to the next level for him.
Now The moment You have all been waiting for................

Yes Sir,We Promised You A Great Event!

WWE Tag Team Title Match?:
Ever since Air Boom had to disband, I have had my doubts that a Tag Team Championship match at Wrestlemania would even be worth it. Epico and Primo are hardly a team the fans are getting behind. Who would they even face? The random pairing of Kofi and Truth? Ziggler and Swagger? Hunico and that other guy who both suck? Or THE USOS? I cringe at the thought of Hunico's team or the Usos even stepping one foot into a Wrestlemania ring. Without Air Boom the tag team division cannot provide anything worthy of putting on a Wrestlemania card, unfortunately.

They could always do a tag team match as a dark match. Kofi and Truth VS Epico and Primo, perhaps. It's something that could get the live crowd ready and excited for the real show, and it wouldn't take up time on the main card from matches that the fans actually do want to see. They could throw in Ziggler and Swagger I suppose and make it a triangle match like the threadstarter suggested, but Ziggler and Swagger are both likely to be in the MITB ladder match. Why put them in a tag team match too? I just don't see the point in having a tag team title match at all this year due to the fact that too much damage has been done to the division. If Air Boom were still together then things would be completely different. A strong title defense for them could have been a cool moment.
Johnny Ace vs Teddy Long?:
Anyways. I think this could be an interesting route for WWE to take, but they need to go about it the right way. The two GM's can face each other in a battle for brand supremacy (in every sense of the term, actually) if the angle of JL seeking a dual branded GM spot continues. They should pick representatives though because JL VS Long would be worse than all those Michael Cole matches last year!

They could each pick guys to help them. Why not go with their respective assistants? David Otunga with Laurinaitis in his corner to represent Raw VS Santino with Long in his corner to represent Smackdown, the winner's GM will run both shows. I think it would be the best way to go about it, from a kayfabe'd standpoint. Orton from Smackdown for Long and then someone like Del Rio, Miz, or even better Christian for JL would be good. In the end JL will likely win and Otunga could even screw JL out of being the GM with some type of legal loophole or something. I'd much rather see Otunga in his lawyer character in the GM spot anyhow. Long is never working a match and nobody wants to see a Laurinaitis match, so having their assistants work the match is a much better idea.
Sheamus vs Daniel Bryan?:
This looks to be an awesome match and I'm sure it will have an excellent string of promos leading up to it. Sheamus is probably going to walk out with the belt and start a run with his third world title. I'm withholding my full prediction until Wrestlemania week, but I am extremely excited that we are probably getting this match now. I just hope Sheamus wins and that it does NOT open the show. I disagreed with Edge VS Del Rio opening the show last year for the World Heavyweight Championship and am adamantly against WWE going that route again. It's not the end of the world if they do, but it would be a very bad call. A huge match like this belongs near the end of the show.
It is doubtful that this would close the show with matches like Cena VS The Rock, Trips VS Taker 3, and Punk VS Jericho all on the same card. I expect it to at least be in the second half of the evening though. Opening the show with a World Championship match would be an insult to both the title and the Royal Rumble, like last year's opening match was, due to the fans deserving better than that. Sheamus didn't defeat 29 other guys to OPEN Wrestlemania, he won the Rumble to get a main event match. Now, that doesn't have to mean closing the show, as we have seen numerous Rumble winners not close Wrestlemania. He deserves to not have to go on first though. So does the World Heavyweight Championship.

WWE obviously realized they messed up by not giving us their anticipated United States Championship match last year. We will now be getting it in World Heavyweight Championship form. Bryan gets to live his dream of having a world title match at Wrestlemania while Sheamus gets a chance to begin a 3rd world title reign, this time as a rising face. If we indeed get Sheamus VS Bryan and Punk VS Jericho as our world title matches then we are in for a treat at the biggest show of the year. An early prediction of mine shows Sheamus winning, but anything could change between now and April. I can't wait to see where they go from here.

Triple H vs Undertaker?:
Man, 'Taker vs Triple H III is going to be huge. It's going to be a very special match, between two excellent performers and the Hell in a Cell stipulation adds to it immensely. This is exactly what matches like the Hell in a Cell were made for -- to be the final blow-off, the ending to a feud. All the history between Undertaker and Triple H, two other WrestleMania matches and countless other things, end at WrestleMania 28. Tonight on Raw completely changed my expectations for the match, it kicked everything into high gear. It genuinely got me excited for what will be a match of the year candidate, with ease. With a build like this, we as fans are in for one of the most emotional matches ever. Those two men will go out and tell a story, a story fittingly ending at WrestleMania.

I don't want the streak to end, but I cannot say for certain that it won't. Triple H has proven to be nearly too much for Undertaker, who made it out of WrestleMania last year by the skin of his teeth. The two masters of the Hell in a Cell match will go at it, to put an end to it all -- from a storyline standpoint, the WWE will never have had a chance such as this one to end the streak. The only question left, in all of this, is whether or not they will pull the trigger on it or if Undertaker will ride off into the sunset with a 20-0 record, a feat forever unmatched. The pipe dreams of a young up-and-comer ending the streak needed to be put to rest, that was never happening, but if anybody was ever going to do it, Triple H is the guy. I think about it like this: I don't want the streak to end, but what's it worth once Undertaker retires? His legacy is set in stone, he's always going to be one of the greatest to ever step into the squared circle, there's no debating that.

I'm not saying the streak will end, not by a long shot, but if there ever was a time to do it, it's now. They've built Triple H up to be the man that put 'Taker down, but 'Taker wants to prove him wrong. The story writes itself either way, really. The two men will rise to occasion, as is expected from two future hall of famers, but what happens in the match is what everybody is looking forward to. Can the streak survive? Who knows. All I know, is that this match may very well steal the show. Rock and Cena may be the main attraction, but Undertaker vs Triple H III is going to be historic, one way or another, with the streak coming out alive or dead.
Rock vs Cena?:
I knew this day would come. A lot of people doubted it, called me crazy, but I knew even years ago that one day...one day The Rock was going to come back for at least one more match. There was just no way that Wrestlemania 20 was going to be it for him, I always knew in my heart that at some point Vince would be able to finally convince The Rock to come back for one more match...and it's finally happened. To call this a dream match isn't even remotely fitting, this is a dream match to end dream matches and without a doubt is the single biggest and most important wrestling match in the entire WORLD for the last 10 or 20 years. We may have to go all the way back to Hogan vs. Andre for this one people. I can't even imagine how many people are going to be at Wrestlemania for this match next year, but I expect more attendance records to be easily broken.
12 months is a long time to build, but being an old school fan I'm always down for a good, long, well-built program. This is the biggest money match wrestling has had in many, many years, and as an avid fan of the industry I haven't been this excited in a very long time. It's finally happening, and damnit, it's going to be fucking amazing. I may even have to actually make the physical trip to see this match in person.

That is all folks see you next time!
Thanks for reading

[FONT=verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]

Submit "Yes Sir,We Promised You A Great Event: WM 28 Card" to Digg Submit "Yes Sir,We Promised You A Great Event: WM 28 Card" to del.icio.us Submit "Yes Sir,We Promised You A Great Event: WM 28 Card" to StumbleUpon Submit "Yes Sir,We Promised You A Great Event: WM 28 Card" to Google

Updated 02-26-2012 at 12:32 PM by Frank

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I'm going to be this guy; I don't want/care to see HHH/Taker III.
    It baffles me as to how people still don't see what "The Rock" is doing. He didn't come back to the WWE for that "One last match". he came back to reinforce his longevity with his WWE endorsements over the next several years. So yes. he makes two or three appearances over the years, and to sweeten the deal, he has a couple of matches to keep the sheep behind him. His match at SummerSlam sucked. I dont get what all the hype is all about. And keep in mind I watched him during the Attitude Era...NOT on Youtube or DVD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Starr
    It baffles me as to how people still don't see what "The Rock" is doing. He didn't come back to the WWE for that "One last match". he came back to reinforce his longevity with his WWE endorsements over the next several years. So yes. he makes two or three appearances over the years, and to sweeten the deal, he has a couple of matches to keep the sheep behind him. His match at SummerSlam sucked. I dont get what all the hype is all about. And keep in mind I watched him during the Attitude Era...NOT on Youtube or DVD.
    Been watching WWE for 15 years and loved The Rock during the 90s. Couldn't agree with you more. I'd sooner see a WWE Superstar on the WM card instead of The Rock.
    Honestly, I never got The Rock's appeal and always felt the guy to be a complete and total self-important asshole. Even felt that way when watching back during the AE. I actually even felt Foley out shined him during that whole Rock & Sock Connection thing. He also really sucks as an actor because frankly he's an actor like Nick Cage is an actor...
    Not much to speak of with this blog. Too many Wrestlemania 28 card preview blogs around. It's stale and unoriginal. But at least the writer was able to guarantee us a Money in the Bank Ladder match. I didn't know there was confirmation of that. Thank you for knowing that.
    The Rock ain't getting nuff money by doing movies so that is why he is back

P.S Rick Starr Rock did not wrestle at SS he wrestled at Survivor Series

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.