View RSS Feed

mizisawesome12345

The Triple H "Burying" Myth

Rate this Entry
Plenty of people believe that Triple H buries people to no end and is the worst "burying" culprit of all-time. However, many people such as myself don't believe this to be true, and see it for what it is: a phony myth created and pushed largely by ignorant and angry IWC members. I created this thread to address this myth and have a discussion about to hopefully talk some sense into people, and see if anyone actually has any kind of valid counterargument.

First off, let me say this: I understand that Triple H beats a lot of people, and probably has buried some in the past. But here's the thesis of this thread: Triple H has not buried any more people than any normal superstar of his caliber/position in the company as a top guy.

In order to prove my point, I'll attack the main argument of the believers of the myth- they believe that Triple H never puts anyone over and is constantly burying people in his way. Well, that's obviously not true, and I'll give you plenty of examples to support my claim. Let's start this off by taking a look at some of the past Wrestlemania's:

Wrestlemania 20- put over/lost to Benoit
Wrestlemania 21- put over/lost to Batista
Wrestlemania 22- put over/lost to Cena
Wrestlemania 23- (injured, did not compete)
Wrestlemania 24- put over/lost to Orton
Wrestlemania 25- defeated Orton (but he built up Orton during the preceeding feud, as Orton had dominated him, attacking him at his home; plus, Triple H was the face- it made sense for him to finally notch the win)
Wrestlemania 26- defeated Sheamus (but eventually lost the feud to him culminating at Extreme Rules, leaving after that due to an injury at Sheamus' hands)
Wrestlemania 27- put over/lost to Undertaker
Wrestlemania 28- most likely will put over/lose to Undertaker

So, on the biggest stage of the year, Triple H has largely (if not entirely) put over guys, often younger, and made them look great the past several years. A lot of these were title matches that HHH lost to his opponent, making them look like gold in the process. He & HBK gave Benoit a career-defining moment, he cemented Batista as a bonafide main-eventer, he tapped to Cena, he put over and added credibility to Orton in a surprise loss, he was involved in high-profile, elevating feuds with Orton & Sheamus that made them look great and they came out of them for the better, and, most recently, has added to the legacy of Undertaker's streak, providing him with yet another credible win (and he's most likely about to put him over for the third straight time at Wrestlemania this year, making 'Taker 3-0 against HHH at WM all-time).

Next, let's take a look at all of the talent that Triple H has personally built up over the past several years. Here are just a few BIG names that come to mind:

Batista-Groomed him in Evolution until he was ready to go over him in a high-profile, elevating feud. Helped him get to where he eventually got. Gave him A LOT of credibility. Personally showed him the ropes of the business, aiding him in getting to the top. Batista has stated in the past that Triple H & Flair were INTEGRAL in the success of his career.
Randy Orton- See Batista.
John Cena-Although they didn't interact that much, Cena always seemed to get the edge more often than not, often getting the wins. Furthermore, Cena ALWAYS looked good. Got a key win against HHH during his more formative main-event years at WM22 as previously mentioned with a very impressive submission victory.
Sheamus-Although he was beaten at 'Mania, he eventually took out HHH at Extreme Rules, winning the feud, gaining championship credibility, & putting HHH on the shelf for quite some time in the process. HHH has been a key supporter of Sheamus behind the scenes as well, aiding him in getting to the top.

I could go on and state more names, and I could probably even go on further in my argument, but I believe I've stated enough solid evidence in this opening post. Triple H often gets a bad rap for this "burying" myth, but it's simply unfounded and baseless. Like I said, he's definitely not done it any more than anyone else, like the Rock, Stone Cold, Brock Lesnar, HBK, Bret Hart, Goldberg, and pretty much every other top guy. And don't even get me started about TRUE buriers like a Hogan or Nash. Guys like that are in their own class. Triple H is no where near those guys and has the best interest of the business/the future of the WWE in the forefront of his mind at all times because he truly loves it. That's why he's currently a WWE executive in charge of scouting talent, because he wants to aid the WWE in its future.

The whole Triple H "burying" myth is just that- a myth.

Submit "The Triple H "Burying" Myth" to Digg Submit "The Triple H "Burying" Myth" to del.icio.us Submit "The Triple H "Burying" Myth" to StumbleUpon Submit "The Triple H "Burying" Myth" to Google

Updated 02-25-2012 at 02:42 PM by Frank

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

It should have been obvious to anyone who has paid attention that HHH will do whatever he thinks is best for the business. If that means that he has refused to put someone over in the past then so be it. He may have been right. He has more than shown that he is willing to put someone over to elevate them. If he thought it would help the business WWE can do he would tap to the purple nurple applied by Lillian Garcia...
    I agree with everything you said, only I wouldn't say that he put over Undertaker. This because in my humble opinion Undertaker > Triple H.
    WrestleMania 19 - Beat Booker T
    WrestleMania 18 - Beat Chris Jericho
    WrestleMania 17 - Undertaker
    WrestleMania 16 - Beat The Rock/Big Show/ Mick Foley
    WrestleMania 15 - Beat Kane
    WrestleMania 14 - Beat Owen Hart
    WrestleMania 13 - Beat Goldust
    WrestleMania 12 - Lost to Ultimate Warrior

You seem to have forgotten the six previous WM wins. And nobody disputes he puts some people over but only the ones he likes. It isn't a myth that him and Michaels tried to bury The Rock. He also buried Brock Lesnar by making Lesnar look scared of him back in 02 so they could seperate the belts.
    Updated 02-25-2012 at 03:30 PM by Tall
    Quote Originally Posted by Tall
    WrestleMania 19 - Beat Booker T
    WrestleMania 18 - Beat Chris Jericho
    WrestleMania 17 - Undertaker
    WrestleMania 16 - Beat The Rock/Big Show/ Mick Foley
    WrestleMania 15 - Beat Kane
    WrestleMania 14 - Beat Owen Hart
    WrestleMania 13 - Beat Goldust
    WrestleMania 12 - Lost to Ultimate Warrior

You seem to have forgotten the six previous WM wins. And nobody disputes he puts some people over but only the ones he likes. It isn't a myth that him and Michaels tried to bury The Rock. He also buried Brock Lesnar by making Lesnar look scared of him back in 02 so they could seperate the belts.
    Disagree because the examples you gave was when Triple H trying to get to the top. When Triple H trying to prove himself into the wrestling world. But the blogger's examples were when Triple H already became ''the man.'' He hadnt left anything to prove and he certainly trying to help the others. I'm saying not because I'm a Triple H fan but it's damn obvious. Your examples like this : Today's young talents like Cody Rhodes, Wade Barrett etc. shouldnt win their WM matches to prove themselves into the wrestling world ...
    And at that time HHH had no creative control what so ever
    We all know that Triple H buries people and those of you that deny it are just being fools.

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.