View RSS Feed

wrestlingfan66513

Blog Wars: Top 5 Tag Teams 2000-2012

Rate this Entry
This is a #1 contenders edition of Blog Wars. The winner of these will face off against the Blog Wars champion in the 15th episode. Here is the list. These lists will be simple usually.

Top 5 Tag Teams (2000-2012)

Basically, I want to see who they think are the best tag teams from the 2000s to create a little uniqueness. The team can exist before that time but any accomplishments the team had before 2000 are void.

akbar
5.APA
Now these two men looked mean and scary and that’s why they were such a force in WWE. I enjoyed how they worked there persona and constant brawls. They had very good feuds and ran the tag team division for awhile and it was never dull.

4.DX

Two of the greatest wrestlers of all time combing to make a team always was going to make my list. There certainly the best stable ever but DX did have great feuds as actual tag teams with Rated RKO and the McMahon’s. I don’t really have to say much more to explain why these 2 are awesome.

3.The Dudley Boyz

There are 3 tag teams that defined the tag teams this decade and everyone’s top 3 will always consist of these tag teams but will always have different order of ranking. One thing the Dudleyz always had and that was charisma, D-von sold moves like no other and bubba screaming ‘get the table’ always sent shivers down my spine.

2.Edge and Christian

A good tag team always consist of good friends…Most people would argue that they are the greatest tag teams ever, but I somewhat feel Edge’s illustrious career kind of and I mean kind of overshadows them a tiny bit. But none the less they are still number 2 on my list. Other than DX there comedy segments were second to none and they always backed it up in the ring. There matched were always great and Edge spearing Jeff hardy of the ladder and the match it self is an iconic moment for the WWE.

1.The Hardy

The best tag team consist of brothers…Simply the most exciting tag team in the history of wrestling, they revolutionized and reignited tag team wrestling with their rivalry with the ‘Dudleyz’ and E&C. it was hard to separate the three but I just had to go with these guys. Every match they would have was just done with brutal elegance; whether it was Jeff launching of matt’s back in the opponents face or both jumping from opposite top ropes. I can’t remember their promo skills being that great but their ‘emo’ style make up and persona was brilliant.'

rodrik

My blog wars list of the 5 best tag teams (2000-present)
Here is my list of tag teams, I hope u enjoy it, I don’t really have criteria, the only thing that I’m not going do is write 2 tag teams with a common wrestler
for example:
1. r-truth and john Morrison
2. the miz and r-truth

#5: the miz and john morisson (aka the dirt sheet): this is a tag team where everyone thought the miz was going to be the “marty janetty” of the 2 and so did I, but apparently, it’s the other way, btw I’m really hoping “jomo” comes back to the wwe, so what I liked about this team is that they had this style, it’s hard to explain, but what I’m trying to say is that they had the x-factor, the “je ne sais qua” , also something u have to mention is their show, the dirt sheet, man I lmao when I saw that, as for in the ring, well, jomo did the magic and I always saw miz as his sidekick.

#4 dudley boyz (aka team 3d): ray & devon Dudley were a tag team that a pretty unique style… throwing everyone and I mean everyone through a table, it didn’t matter if it was a wrestler or even a granny, they all went through a table, and because I love tables they’re on the list

#3 brothers of destruction: kane and undertaker, probably the darkest team of all, dominated the tag team division at the time, they have both had a great singles career, now yes undertaker has overshadowed kane, but kane has still had a great career, with or against each other in the ring they were/are phenomenal

#2: the hardy boyz: well I am not really a fan of high flying stuff, but those 2 were awesome, I must say, I liked jeff more than hardy because he did stuff u thought you’d never see, don’t get me wrong, matt was great as well but let’s say there is a reason why jeff has had more opportunities than him, but I think everyone will remember them because of the great matches they’ve had with the Dudley boyz and edge and Christian

#1DX: I think a lot of people will agree with me on this and although it may not be the most original #1 on this list, they really had everything u could wish for in a tag team, they had a unique style, both a great singles career, epic matches, and the comedy was always something to look forward too

Honorable mentions:
Apa (jbl and ron simmons)
Edge and Christian
Airboom
Rated rko
Jerishow
The bella twins (this is not a joke, I mention them because of the “twin magic”)

As always please vote on who you think should face the champion at Blog Wars 15

Submit "Blog Wars: Top 5 Tag Teams 2000-2012" to Digg Submit "Blog Wars: Top 5 Tag Teams 2000-2012" to del.icio.us Submit "Blog Wars: Top 5 Tag Teams 2000-2012" to StumbleUpon Submit "Blog Wars: Top 5 Tag Teams 2000-2012" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Akbar all the way...
    I disagree with both the lists, mainly because most of the tag teams were only together for the very early 2000's and have not lasted for that long in this period. (Eg. APA, Edge & Christian, brothers of destruction.)

I also disagree with The Hardy's 'The best tag team consists of brothers' I think The Steiner Brothers has that crown?

Also the DX tag team of HHH & Shawn Michaels from this period was horrible, and really only for kids. Apart from the Hell in the Cell match with The McMahons & Big Show, this was great. HHH & Shawn running around with glow sticks, give me a break, just horrible. The best DX tag team was The New Age Outlaws.

The worst thing about these lists is no Beer Money or The Motor City Machine Guns. These 2 tag teams put on great matches while WWE's tag team division was nonexistent.

My list in no real order would be.
    The Miz & John Morrisson
    The Hardy Boys
    The Dudley's (Team 3D)
    Beer Money
    The Motor City Machine Guns.

Any thoughts.
    I disagree with both the lists, mainly because most of the tag teams were only together for the very early 2000's and have not lasted for that long in this period. (Eg. APA, Edge & Christian, brothers of destruction.)

I also disagree with The Hardy's 'The best tag team consists of brothers' I think The Steiner Brothers has that crown?

Also the DX tag team of HHH & Shawn Michaels from this period was horrible, and really only for kids. Apart from the Hell in the Cell match with The McMahons & Big Show, this was great. HHH & Shawn running around with glow sticks, give me a break, just horrible. The best DX tag team was The New Age Outlaws.

The worst thing about these lists is no Beer Money or The Motor City Machine Guns. These 2 tag teams put on great matches while WWE's tag team division was nonexistent.

My list in no real order would be.
    The Miz & John Morrisson
    The Hardy Boys
    The Dudley's (Team 3D)
    Beer Money
    The Motor City Machine Guns.

Any thoughts.
    so who get's the vote?
    akbar gets my vote. Because for some reason rodrik put DX at #1. But I stand by my last comment and say both lists are bad.
    AKBAR...because Brothers of Destruction sucked! Honestly tag teams in this era kinda sucked and didn't matter in the WWE. As an attention grabber, ROH, TNA ECW had tag teams excell. I agree mostly with Saint_nick....
    5) MCMG (young, fast, action fan base and championships)
    4) BEER Money ( look, charisma, talent, mic skills, catch phrases, titles and great feuds with great teams)
    3)RKO or Edge/Christian ( talented single wrestlers, Single champs, talent, fan base, etc...)
    2) Hardy's ( fan base, multi-title runs, Single champs, hurt by family feud)
    1) 3-D/Dudleys ( how many titles?, in how many organizations, how many feuds?)

Funny...of all these teams, only Orton & Edge have not been part of TNA...(see opening statement)
    AKBAR, AKBAR, AKBAR
    Rodirk, because I felt like it.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.